AC GT3 @ Barcelona, Sunday 9th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
wec-spa-francorchamps-2016-71-af-corse-ferrari-488-gte-davide-rigon-sam-bird.jpg

IMPORTANT: We have some problems with running AC events from the RD community on s.gp. So for now we will probably use the RD servers for the race. You can still sign up on s.gp but the actual event will be run on a RD server unless the RD community/s.gp problems are fixed. This will be decided shortly in advance of the event. Either way you can find the server by searching for 'racedepartment'. More information on this topic can be found in the 3rd post of this thread.

Again following the F1 circus we're staying at the Iberian peninsula where we will race eachother on the Circuit de Barcelona- Catalunya as it's new name is. It combines a lot of characteristics of other GP circuits and it therefore very suited for developing a base setup for the cars. In normal times the winter tests of the F1 are held here for that reason. So come join us for 60 minutes of GT3 action!

Sign up for this event here: https://beta.simracing.gp/events/TY43xveg0VK94My4N7MDR

Circuit_Catalunya_2007.png

On Wednesdays, there is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for this race by joining a multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 Cup event on the same track. You can learn the racing lines, overtaking spots and even the braking points in a car that's less demanding than the GT3s -- and you can still have a lot of fun at the same time! Search for the multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 event in the Calendar or on the RaceDepartment community on simracing.gp.

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Password: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide:
click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #12
  • Race Server: #13
  • 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 20 minutes)
  • 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (60 minutes)
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: Barcelona -GP (DLC)
Pit stop: Mandatory
Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Entry list:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Extra information regarding s.gp vs RD servers:

As most of you know we encountered some stability problems with RD community events with AC organized through s.gp. The people of the platform are working hard to solve it but until then we will go back to the 'old' RD servers. I'd like to point out that the s.gp platform itself is stable and that the problems somehow are related to the RD usage of it.
There will still be an event listed on S.gp to register and to be used if the problems are solved.

When using the RD server the consequences are:
- you won't get your chosen livery
- results are not recorded on s.gp nor are your stats updated.
- a staff member will fire up the race RD server manually at starting time.
- staff have more work to do for preparation.
- the s.gp event will be canceled just before it would start.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. We trust that this situation will be temporarily and that the problems with s.gp will be solved.

Just a little note for when/if we go back fully to s.gp
Would it not be possible for only one car to have one livery?Selected at sign up time.
That might be a suggestion that would not be difficult to implement.

Just a little note for when/if we go back fully to s.gp
Would it not be possible for only one car to have one livery?Selected at sign up time.
That might be a suggestion that would not be difficult to implement.
If you mean that there won't be two cars with the same livery, yes I have done that already for the last event. I can and will do that as long as the car isn't chosen more often than there are liveries of course.
In my choice of liveries I try to get as much difference in colors as possible.
But that's only when using RD servers.

On s.gp there it isn't possible as far as I know but participants can select for themselves a livery that isn't chosen yet.

Last edited:
Can I play please, I've signed up but I'll be 10 secs off the pace and will get lapped but I'm good at getting out of the way.
Of course! You're very welcome! Don't know if you're new, just make sure you know our rules especially the Golden Rule. Please use Discord so you can listen to the pre race chat in which we remind everyone on the rules and what to do when you get a blue flag.
Tip for Discord: don't use the browser function but install the app. With the app push-to-talk works so you can assign a button for speech.

And last remark, if I may. On Wednesday we're having an multiclass event on the same track with easier cars. It a very good opportunity to learn the track and dealing with blue flags.

See you on track!

Of course! You're very welcome! Don't know if you're new, just make sure you know our rules especially the Golden Rule. Please use Discord so you can listen to the pre race chat in which we remind everyone on the rules and what to do when you get a blue flag.
Tip for Discord: don't use the browser function but install the app. With the app push-to-talk works so you can assign a button for speech.

And last remark, if I may. On Wednesday we're having an multiclass event on the same track with easier cars. It a very good opportunity to learn the track and dealing with blue flags.

See you on track!
Cheers, no I'm not new to the site, just to AC. Mid week is a bit dodgy because I signed up to the dev testing at SGP so at the moment that's every night in the week. I'm just a slow coach that is always at the back so I make everyone else feel good :D

Last edited:
If you mean that there won't be two cars with the same livery, yes I have done that already for the last event. I can and will do that as long as the car isn't chosen more often than there are liveries of course.
In my choice of liveries I try to get as much difference in colors as possible.
But that's only when using RD servers.

On s.gp there it isn't possible as far as I know but participants can select for themselves a livery that isn't chosen yet.
On s,gp there does not seem to be an indication of which liveries have been chosen in the drop down menu, I seem to only be able to do it by cross referencing the entry list.
Am I missing something?

On s,gp there does not seem to be an indication of which liveries have been chosen in the drop down menu, I seem to only be able to do it by cross referencing the entry list.
Am I missing something?
No you're right but you can see the livery in the small picture in the participants tab. I admit it's hard to see a difference when the liveries are almost the same but colorwise it's clear to see.

In with the lambo for the moment. See how it gets on with turn 3! Looking forward to this! I know the track very well but never tried it in AC.

Last edited:
In with the Z4. This will be my last race with you all for the time being. My wife and I will be moving to Michigan and into our first house in the next two weeks! :D Lucky for me this also includes the bonus of riding my Triumph cross-country for nine days. :thumbsup::cool:

I hope to be back for these Sunday races by mid/late June.
------
As for this track, I've not driven it if my memory serves me well. Being a fan of technical tracks I'm hopeful for, at minimum, a clean race with no spins. :whistling:

I've driven this track in F1 2019 or 20 but never in AC or with a GT3 car. At least I know when tu turn left or right. Looking forward to it. Car TBD

This is my first RD race, looking forward to it.
Taking a little break from ACC, I’ve forgotten how good AC still is.
Hi Andrew. Welcome, great to have you!
If you're new to this RD community, just make sure you read the first 3 posts in this thread.
Especially the Golden Rule is very important as it is the essence of our way of racing.
And joining us on Discord voice chat is also desirable to hear the pre race remarks from the organizer and to hear other drivers during the race. You get useful information and tips but there's also the more social after race evaluation.

So see you on track!

Hi Andrew. Welcome, great to have you!
If you're new to this RD community, just make sure you read the first 3 posts in this thread.
Especially the Golden Rule is very important as it is the essence of our way of racing.
And joining us on Discord voice chat is also desirable to hear the pre race remarks from the organizer and to hear other drivers during the race. You get useful information and tips but there's also the more social after race evaluation.

So see you on track!

Will do, thanks.
Can I quickly ask, is a pit stop mandatory? I see on simracing.gp there is a pit window, but not sure if a stop is mandatory?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 514 39.0%