AC GT3 @ Barcelona, Sunday 9th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Having only had time to practice once this week I have a feeling the T10-15 complex will be a big decider for this race. One out of every five laps or so I'm running wide in T10 and miss the apexes of 14 -15. How are you finding the track in the Z4 @random2k4 ?
I also only did 2x 30 min practice sessions so far.

Its OKish. There are some corners like T3/4/5 were you can coast quite a bit mid corner, but I think coasting is not a strength of the Z4.
For T10 there is a change on the right wall textures before the 100 board going from concrete to tyres. Try using this as a breaking marker, You might think you go to slow into the corner, but you can take a early apex and be on the throttle sooner. Clip the curbs T11 and the moment you reach the curbs on the right side for T12 brake, shift down, coast a little and then back on the throttle.
T13 there is a small vertical asphalt patch on the left. Brake shortly behind. T14 brake at the shadow line and then coast into T15, full throttle for the rest. Careful with the run off area can be a bit slippery. The entire section, go slower then you think and try to hit the apexes early, you dont want to compromise T15 exit.
You can also try to reduce the Diff Power to make the rear slide less under power. You might lose some rotation, but you can counter act this with adjusting toe and champer a little.

All in all you need to get into a nice flow, if you miss one corner you almost will mess up the next one too. But I found with a setup on the stable side you might lose a little time in the corners, but its better then running wide :D

Last edited:
Wooo! Those braking points made all the difference and created confidence out of yesterday’s frustration. A bit of deja-vu when thinking of your tips from a few races ago. Again, thanks Stefan and see ya on track.

I like this track! Every corner presents a challenge. A few tricky exits! Even the chicane is great. Perfect size and position of sausage kerbs stop any shenanigans without being death for an accidental run over them. Surprised it has been 3 years since a gt3 club race here. Maybe i am alone in my opinions :roflmao:

Last edited:
I like this track! Every corner presents a challenge. A few tricky exits! Even the chicane is great. Perfect size and position of sausage kerbs stop any shenanigans without being death for an accidental run over them. Surprised it has been 3 years since a gt3 club race here. Maybe i am alone in my opinions :roflmao:
If you going to watch the F1, you will see that T10 is different. They have changed it and that makes the approach to T11 different.

You are not alone, my friend. You can feel it when you get it all right and it’s a ton of fun when you do. Overtaking will be tough and letting all of you faster gents though under blue flags will take a bit more than a simple lift.

Just for kicks and giggles I attempted a few laps in a Race Sim Studio F1 mod and, jeepers, staying flat-out through the sweeping right of T3 :confused:

Well it seems that our own Lewis and Max will not race tonight. Who will step into their footsteps in Barcelona?

BTW. I start configuring the race server now . No more changes. There will be some spare cars for late joiners.

Last edited:
Good race guys. I went long again (~45mins) as I didn't have enough time testing the Mediums and had strategies for no change and a switch to soft. They looked out so stayed on the original mediums.

Quite interesting mixing it with the front runners when they caught back up with me after their stops. Guess it mixed it up a bit too having an un-pitted slower can to deal with!

I had a cracking qualifying and finished 5th, my best ever. But I was uber cautious and got gobbled up and down to something like 11th on the first 3 bends and there I stayed even after my long 1st stint.

Colin was hunting me down on my worn Mediums and got within 1 sec but appeared to drop it 3 laps from the end :(

Very happy this week, didn't spin, qualified 5th, just have to work on my race setup as my setup burns through soft tyres which ruins my race running on Mediums :(

Excellent race.

I was really happy to put my AMG in 3rd place in quali (my best result) but probably i did a wrong strategy for the race, the medium just didn't work, too slippery and cold (also missed the spot in the pits as usual but that didn't change nothing pretty much :roflmao:), i wonder if i could have done better with the soft strategy.

Thank you all and see you next week!

Had a pleasant race today. Managed to keep it on track and only had a few minor errors. Had a good, albeit, short battle with Pat for P15 in the first stint. My largest error of the race into the final chicanes allowed him to pass and with his pit stop timing perfect, I never saw him again. Fortunately for me, unfortunately for @Taj Johal , his bite of the sausage into the final chicanes cost him and allowed me to hold P16 (my quali position) for the duration. In the end, I even managed a new PB of 1.49.5 :D

As for blue flag news, lol, I'm glad the timing worked out so I could allow P3-P6 by on the last lap and, hopefully, not disrupt the close battle between all these drivers. Cheers, @random2k4 , Thomas, @Interslice and @Kek700 :)

Congrats to the podiums and thanks @HF2000 for organizing. I think we all deserve a pat on the back for our consistency percentages nothing below 97% :thumbsup:

See you all again in June!

https://simresults.net/210509-8Cu -- Results for those interested

Typical crap start did me no favours in this very close race, could just not get back what I lost, to many fast Rotters.
Could have done with another 30 minutes of racing, I think the Nissan was better on yellow tyres than most.
But the finish flag had me beat.:(
Great race, like Barcelona a lot, apart from the crap chicane.:unsure:
Well done podiums and @HF2000 for all his organisation skills.:)

What a race. Didnt had much practice during the week so I was curious to see what times everybody could set on the track. Was a quite a challenge to get an OKish setup in the short amount of time that could deal with the constant direction changes in the corner sections.

Set a good time during qualifying and with everyone in the upper midfield so close together I was happy with my P6 start and knew you have to be super consistent here to keep your position.

My start was interesting. Felt like some one dropped a petrol log from Back to the Future 3 in my tank. Ernie seemed to miss his start on my left so I could move over and already gain a position going in the first corner. The first corner combinations were super crowded and I got a little tab in my rear, but nothing I was not expecting in the first couple of corners.

Thomas was again all over me right from the start, he also must have used a petrol log for his start. Eduard made a little mistake a few laps into the race, so I gained another place right behind Brian. Now in P4 I had a very good first stint, keeping Thomas behind and not loosing to much space to Brian.

Some how my pit crew was on fire today. Brian and me went to the pits the same lap, he was already about 2 seconds in front, but I managed to leave the pits right in front of him.
Unfortunately the Lambo bit him in the very first corner and I got some room to breath.

Had a small situation with David in the second stint at T4. He braked very early, and I tried to move to the inside. Passed him, then was pushed to the mid of the corner. Me moving left and he moving right we traded a little paint, but nothing major from my point of view. Sorry David if that caused any hassle on your side. Was by no means intentional just coulndt steer more to the right without totally loosing grip at the front.

Continuing, my second stint was not as good as my first one. I had the feeling I lost my pace a little. Thomas, who was now behind me again could decimate a 5 second deficit very quickly and was at some point only 2 secs behind for the last 8-10 laps. The last 2 Laps even only about a second. I tried my best to manage the very worn softs for the last couple of laps and was focusing on exiting T15 properly to not lose time on the straight.

Pretty happy that I managed to finish P3 again on this technical track. Now excuse me, I need to get the Nordschleife in my head.

See you all next week.

Last edited:
Thanks for organising han, enjoyed that this evening!

First stint went well. Had a slow start but got past @edo22 on lap 2 to take P3, unfortunately he was a bit out of sorts on mediums early and didn't hold anyone else up so i had @random2k4 follow me all the way to the pits... I managed to push the pace a little bit before the stops to give some breathing room knowing i didn't have a clue about the pit entry...

First time entering the pits it never good in a lambo! Managed to survive the entrance unlike assen. I thought i braked early enough but the lambo is very bad at the slowing down side of things :# and it slid straight through the box.

Stefan was gifted the undercut and i compounded the mess by following him onto the kerb at T1 leaving the pits. Not sure if he lost his back end a bit or it was a bit of lag but i tapped the break thinking he was spinning out and ended up sliding up onto the grass, giving him a 7 second head start into stint 2. That also gave @thom462 and @edo22 the undercut on the next lap! Managed to get past eduardo again and the long stinting @UHF79 without much delay. Myself and thomas and ernie caught up to stefan at the end but it was always going to be a difficult pass with everyone on a similar pace at this track and not a decent tyre between us!

A bit disappointed to mess up such basic stuff and throw away the possible bottom step of the podium but it's all fixable going forward!

Thanks to everyone for the race and congrats to the podium and @pattikins for another win!

See you all in the green hell!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for joining. Congrats to the podium. Excellent pace!
I didn't feel too well so I decided to skip qually and have a relaxing race from the back on this very difficult and technical track. Somehow the 488 isn't suited for this track or I'm just crap with it here. Most likely the last. Anyhow I didn't feel confident so I used a lot of comfort lifts that prevented me from decent lap times. I don't know exactly how but after lap 1 I was a midfielder and was doomed to battle almost the whole race. I was soaked afterwards and my head felt like I had met Mike Tyson in a bad mood. Managed 9th but after Felix hit me in T1 we both went off and Hape could profit. I was on his tail the last laps but that cornerspeed of the 650s is incredible!

I hope everybody had fun and really hoping to see you in Germany next week!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back