AC GT3 assigned skins thread

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
mach.JPG

The yellow one so people can see me easily when they are lapping me.

• Reserving a skin requires creating a slot for you on the server that only you can join. If you don't show up for a race, nobody else can take that spot. That means being a no-show with a custom skin active is worse than being a no-show otherwise (although both are bad). Please bear this in mind and be responsible.

• Just re-read, I will remember when we are in better times, sometimes it’s 50: 50 when I enter for a normal Sunday, can I get home in time. I am assuming on every event we need to ask for that skin? Or if not then in those circumstances you could drive another car I suppose. Hope it’s not a stupid observation.:geek:

View attachment 359643
The yellow one so people can see me easily when they are lapping me.
I was where you are now not so long ago. I still have very bad races. But once you pick a car and start to learn its characteristics you will get incrementally better with every race. There is a lot to get used to with traffic, apps, pit stops, setup and blue flags. Once you get used to all that goes on and concentrate on your driving you will not be getting lapped.

Just re-read, I will remember when we are in better times, sometimes it’s 50: 50 when I enter for a normal Sunday, can I get home in time. I am assuming on every event we need to ask for that skin? Or if not then in those circumstances you could drive another car I suppose. Hope it’s not a stupid observation.:geek:

It's not possible for them to drive another car, one slot is reserved for your steam user only.

I'd suggest if you're generally uncertain to avoid the skin assignment.

I was where you are now not so long ago. I still have very bad races. But once you pick a car and start to learn its characteristics you will get incrementally better with every race. There is a lot to get used to with traffic, apps, pit stops, setup and blue flags. Once you get used to all that goes on and concentrate on your driving you will not be getting lapped.

Definitely agreed. I also used to be at the back back in my LFS days. All of it just comes with time and practice :)

Thanks for the clarification Chris, I usually drive the Nismo, under different circumstance I can be as quick in 650S, Lambo and 911.
so I should be ok in that circumstance.:)

SO the skin is linked to the slot assigned and not the racer. That could have ramifications. Ive hardly ever missed a Sunday race but still I would hate to be the guy that caused someone else not to be able to race if I couldn't make it for any reason. Especially with the full servers at the moment!

Thanks for the clarification Chris, I usually drive the Nismo, under different circumstance I can be as quick in 650S, Lambo and 911.
so I should be ok in that circumstance.:)

To be clear, if you register to drive another car in some race, that's fine -- it won't assign the skin to you then :) It's only if one doesn't show up.

SteamID# : 76561198099216837
Car: Audi R8
Skin: 18_racing_119
RDid: 239339 (I think)

Thanks Chris. Great initiative!

I had wrong 650 skin Chris. I chose the orange 59 and ended up with the white one?

Thanks for the report! The slot in the server configuration is correct:

INI:
[CAR_3]
; GEO147
MODEL=ks_mclaren_650_gt3
SKIN=00_racing_59
SPECTATOR_MODE=0
DRIVERNAME=
TEAM=
GUID=76561197995729514
BALLAST=0
RESTRICTOR=0

Looking at server log, here's what happens:
  1. There are 6 available 650s slots, 2 with assigned skins (me and you)
  2. Once 5 slots are already full, someone joins with the wrong slot for the 650s (probably a mistake). Thus the game is forced to choose an assigned car, which in this case was your car.
  3. When you join, your slot is already used up for this reason, so you got a random other slot.
In AC, if there are N slots, with N/2 of them assigned for a car, and (N/2)+1 racers join, one of the assigned slots will be used. After that, that slot isn't reused again until much later, even if your Steam GUID matches.

Unfortunately not much I can do about this situation, but I can make some changes to the script to make it less likely by always issuing assigned skins as the final car slots, which should reduce the risk unless the server is already getting full :)

Yeah I thought it was likely because I joined last or something. I love all the 650 skins with the exception of the white one :sick:
But no big deal at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years