AC GT3 @ Algarve International Circuit - Sun 12Aug18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great race everyone! Love Algarve, fantastic track. Sad that I'll miss Bathurst next week as I'm in Boston.

At about 10 minutes into the race I had a scary popup on my screen -- "low on disk space". Since I was recording my VR onboard video, I was about to totally run out. With one eye on VR and one eye on my real world monitor, on the start finish straight over the course of a few laps I somehow managed to:
  1. Stop the recording
  2. Delete some old videos through quick alt tabbing
  3. Not crash :whistling:
Unfortunately this means I have to wait a bit to record an onboard from the replay since there's no VR onboard, but at least my computer didn't totally freeze up :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Seem to have finally found a few things in my setup that I'd been doing wrong, changes, and for once I had a decent pace and could actually battle with other cars.

Also managed to have a mostly mistake free race, and even had the car in the top 3 for some of the race :D

Of course, had to botch it, miscalculated fuel slightly.
Rounding the last corner, ready to receive the white flag, the engine died :cry:
Luckily I was able to coast to my pit box for a splash of fuel, though I lost quite a bit during that time.

Fun racing though, very much enjoyed it.
Thanks for the clean racing, those I battled closely with. :cool:

And I'd like to say: sorry @Bobby Pennington! I've got some lag and my fps fell for a second, but this is not an explanation. So, so sorry! I feel awful! That was :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:!
i-am-sorry-please-forgive-me-note-with-flowers-8a15f.jpg
I understand Magic and I really appreciate the apology on ts and in this message. We've known each other a little over a year now and I love hanging out with and racing against you. You are my friend so nothing will ever get in the way of that.

You and I race pretty close sometimes and go through corners side by side sometimes that maybe we shouldn't, but we trust and respect one another so we make it work. When it doesn't it's really no big deal. I think we both know what can happen, yet we keep doing the same thing because it's fun. So I give you this:
:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
th

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

I can't wait until next time:) Good to have you back.

Seem to have finally found a few things in my setup that I'd been doing wrong, changes, and for once I had a decent pace and could actually battle with other cars.

Also managed to have a mostly mistake free race, and even had the car in the top 3 for some of the race :D

Of course, had to botch it, miscalculated fuel slightly.
Rounding the last corner, ready to receive the white flag, the engine died :cry:
Luckily I was able to coast to my pit box for a splash of fuel, though I lost quite a bit during that time.

Fun racing though, very much enjoyed it.
Thanks for the clean racing, those I battled closely with. :cool:
Nice to have another guy from the US to come in and battle these Time Bandits. It's a steep learning curve. See you soon.

I understand Magic and I really appreciate the apology on ts and in this message. We've known each other a little over a year now and I love hanging out with and racing against you. You are my friend so nothing will ever get in the way of that.

You and I race pretty close sometimes and go through corners side by side sometimes that maybe we shouldn't, but we trust and respect one another so we make it work. When it doesn't it's really no big deal. I think we both know what can happen, yet we keep doing the same thing because it's fun. So I give you this:
th

I can't wait until next time:) Good to have you back.

As I once said: I looovvveeee you @Bobby Pennington! And I'm happy that you're my friend! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Last edited:
@Chris Down First off, congrats for another splendid victory, too bad you didn't have some good company around you. Then, I can't believe you managed to handle the PC issue while driving in VR, that shows the kind of confidence you have. For me the two straights were only a reminder to take a deep breath.

@Maciej Strzeboński great job in catching up and for a clean pass in a very tricky place. You deserve that spot. Had a hard time on being consistent and definitely felt the pressure for the whole race. Found really uncomfortable being up there for so long. I was surprised being able to manage some good lap times at the end trying to hold you back, until someone decided to show up from the real world making any kind of real noises into my virtual world right at the last lap giving away the last bit of concentration I needed :)

@Buster Thank you for taking care of us and holding the hooligans all together!

Last edited:
This was a fun race
I think I just missed a podium finish. I had good pace on this track and did a good qualifying. I decided to go for the whole enchilada (no fuel, no tire change). Starting with the hard compound on full tanks was very painful. I was lucky the two cars spun in front of me without hitting them. I manage to keep second position for two laps before got passed by two cars. On the first laps I was really struggling with the car, up to the point where my setup started to delivery. I reached the two cars who passed me before but I was not able to perform the pass. On this process I started to loose some time and got reached by some cars behind. While fighting for position, I went wide at T10 and lost more places. Decided to stay out a couple of more laps and finally did my stop. That allowed me to have a free track and was able to undercut some cars. I was behind @Dirk Steffen and ahead of a very fast @Maciej Strzeboński . Dirk went a bit wide at T8 and I saw my opportunity for passing. I believe I gave enough room to Dirk to get back on the track but we collided unfortunately sending him out. At the time I had Maciej very close and he did a good pass on T1, but on the exit of T4 he loose the rear a bit and I had a chance to fight for position on the braking into T5. We drag race at the exit and he got the best line for T7. From there it was just trying to be in touch with him and a Porsche ahead. On the last lap the Porsche did a pit-stop and I inherited 4th place.
It was fun to try a different strategy. Was able to keep the left tires on good temperature, but impossible to do the same with the rights. A couple of mistakes cost me a very possible podium. Still a lot of fun and great driving and defense maneuvers by many.
See ya

@Buster Thank you for taking care of us and holding the hooligans all together!

It is a total pleasure, when we get so many good guys together to race, like this evening. Of course we all want to do well, but showing a lot of respect for fellow racers and fighting fairly...if you guys are having fun, then I am very happy :thumbsup:

I hope you are all able to race next week @ Bathurst :thumbsup:

It is a total pleasure, when we get so many good guys together to race, like this evening. Of course we all want to do well, but showing a lot of respect for fellow racers and fighting fairly...if you guys are having fun, then I am very happy :thumbsup:

I hope you are all able to race next week @ Bathurst :thumbsup:
You're doing great Craig. Guys like this make our jobs easier and that much more enjoyable. See you boys at the"Brown Hell" next week in the land of Oz;)

I have to address three important things here

One, @Bobby Pennington sounds like Zack Brown and when he said "thats Ok Fernando" on teamspeak I just lost it :D You could be twins I swear.

Two, from the video above (the black GTR) you can see I turned out to be the "buttplug" of the track in 3rd position at the beginning of the race with everyone being ~0.7s faster than me. It was good practice for racecraft but I was doing 1:44s in offline. What where the server settings?

Three, the GTR is dead slow on corner exit accelerations and i would like to know @Fernando Deutsch trick! although I wont touch this car again ever.

Cheers, good fun. Be seeing you Zack Brown!

Good fight between me @slim.kac and @Fernando Deutsch. It starts at around 00:10 mins until 00:23.

Sorry Fernando if I led you to exit the track in that corner (00:23). There is a bump that pushed me straight to the right side and braking zone. Good job avoiding me. :thumbsup:

cheers

Three, the GTR is dead slow on corner exit accelerations and i would like to know @Fernando Deutsch trick! although I wont touch this car again ever.

Yep, is not that good on slow acceleration. A change on the TC is either make you slow or make you loose the rear. I may probably had a too long 2nd gear which was affecting my exit particularly on T5, but a change there may affect the exit on T8, always trade-offs.

Two, from the video above (the black GTR) you can see I turned out to be the "buttplug" of the track in 3rd position at the beginning of the race with everyone being ~0.7s faster than me. It was good practice for racecraft but I was doing 1:44s in offline. What where the server settings?

Temperature is the most critical factor, I lose around 1.2 seconds going from optimal to server temp even at optimal pressures (optimal is probably 10C track, but server varied from 28C to 32C). Practising with at least the same temperatures and wind is pretty critical to being consistent come race time.

Also, no VR this time sadly as mentioned above, but here's my onboard (same as the replay):

One, @Bobby Pennington sounds like Zack Brown and when he said "thats Ok Fernando" on teamspeak I just lost it :D You could be twins I swear.
I know who he is, but don't know what he sings or sounds like, but I do know that if I had his money, we'd all be up to our necks in sim gear and IRL track days so we could get together, have fun, tell fish stories (blatant lies in other words:p) and just be guys. When you came out of the pits behind me, I went into panic mode. Maybe that's what happened, but I doubt it. It's just an old Southern boy sounding exactly like we sound no matter how much I try to get rid of my accent. Cheers man:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back