AC GT3 @ Algarve International Circuit - Saturday August 22, 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
RD_GT3_Portimão.jpg

This Saturday we are bringing the GT3 action towards Portuguese roads, most specifically at Portimão or better called Algarve International Circuit!

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT #4 (US)
Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here
Cars: BMW Z4 GT3, McLaren MP4-12c GT3, Mercedes SLS AMG GT3, Nissan GTR GT3
Track: Algarve Internacional Circuit (download here)
Track Conditions: 96% grip (improving)

Booking: no - Pickup Mode
Practice: 20:00 EST | 00:00 GMT (on 08/23) | 10:00 AEST (on 08/23) (90 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:45 EST | 01:30 GMT (on 08/23) | 11:30 AEST (on 08/23) (15 minutes)
Race: 22:00 EST | 01:45 GMT (on 08/23) | 11:45 AEST (on 08/23) (25 laps)

Entry List:
  1. Getrag GTR
  2. Stereo SLS
  3. Jaime Aleman SLS
  4. Edward Mowinckel GTR
  5. Matheus Machado GTR
  6. Free Slot
  7. Free Slot
  8. Free Slot
  9. Free Slot
  10. Free Slot
  11. Free Slot
  12. Free Slot
  13. Free Slot
  14. Free Slot
  15. Free Slot
  16. Free Slot
  17. Free Slot
  18. Free Slot
  19. Free Slot
  20. Free Slot
  21. Free Slot
  22. Free Slot
  23. Free Slot
  24. Free Slot

Last edited:
Oh man I am all set up finally but wont be able to join this one :( Got guests stopping by......hoping to catch the next one, long overdue haha.

Good race, I was avoiding the GT3 events cause pre-1.2 I didn't like the cars, but now I have much better feeling for what they're doing. Interesting track once I got the hang of it, though turn 9 (seems to be called 'Portimao') I still have no idea what a good line is.

Had a bit of fun getting used to the Z4 as it graced the race track for the first time ever in a race for me. It was a good choice for this very technical race track, I had a mix of mild understeer at Samsung and Portimao. I was driving quite aggressively through there and going off line or missing the braking point costs serious time or and off track.

@Stereo for Portimao set your car up in the middle of the race track and brake just as you come over the crest, maybe even a little after. Do the bulk of your braking in a straight line while letting the car move towards the outside of the track. Let off the brakes gradually as you reach the outside of the track and turn in early (unless you're driving mid engine gt cars understeer will happen here) making sure to just clip the apex, too much curb and the following dip in elevation will cause sudden snap oversteer. Power on as you reach or pass the apex. Job done. I think I have the replay I'll post a lap when I get around to it.

Fun race, next time a few more peeps and we will have a party.

PS the fuel calculator on the track is wrong, if I hadn't put in enough fuel I wouldn't have finished the race as there is no available pit boxes during the race, correct me if I'm wrong.

PS the fuel calculator on the track is wrong, if I hadn't put in enough fuel I wouldn't have finished the race as there is no available pit boxes during the race, correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah the track has no pit lane marked and the pit boxes are inside the garage... I don't think any of the surrounding terrain is marked as invalid track either.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%