GT3 AI unable to drive Nordschleife without crashing

I mentioned this on the official forums and it doesn't seem to have helped so I'll post here.

Using GT3 or GT2 cars, the AI cars have been crashing every time they get to Sprunghügel / Stefan Bellof S on the Nordschliefe (and when I'm close behind, I crash into them). It's making the Nordschliefe completely unraceable for me which is extremely unfortunate as it's such an important track, obviously.

To find Sprünghugel / Stefan Bellof S, use this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Circuit_Nürburgring-2002-vs-1927.svg (it's a little before the little/second Karussel).

I'm racing 16 or 17 AI cars with AI strength from 86 to 90. The ambient temperature is at 20 degrees C. I have an i74770k, two GTX 780s. I've been playing AC for a long time and racing at Nords for a long time. This seems to be a new problem to me.

Can anyone help?

I had thought this might get fixed with 1.9 but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I am sort of having an issue like you where gt cars are not slowing down at some corners and crashing .so i made some brake hints for the ai but only some of the field choose to follow the rule created. im wondering why some ai ignore the brake hint and crash and why others dont?

We found with VIR that the ai hints file made things worse. Once we removed it the AI had far fewer issues in the areas we were trying to fix with the hints. It may be worth a try.

I wonder if the ai.ini located in the car data e.g: with mod cars is much of a factor.as the settings can be changed in the ai editor. But I have not really tried changing anything with it before.maybe some one who does mod cars knows more about these settings?do the ai app settings do much to the ai behavior when changed?

Thanks for the tip. I tried it (removing the AI hints file) and it doesn't seem to have made any difference.
Nevermind I found it and the problem is obvious.

the AI line is a disaster in this spot. I might have time to look at it and tweak that area.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_ks_nordschleife_24-12-116-10-40-7.jpg

I wonder if the ai.ini located in the car data e.g: with mod cars is much of a factor.as the settings can be changed in the ai editor. But I have not really tried changing anything with it before.maybe some one who does mod cars knows more about these settings?do the ai app settings do much to the ai behavior when changed?

Yes, those settings do matter and a mod car where they've not been set properly can have AI problems. But there are only a half dozen tweakable values and much is hard coded, so generally the problems it causes are a matter of pace, not ability to stay on track. (But sometimes...)

We're talking official content too here so I doubt that's relevant to this issue, but there's your answer.

@LilSki how can you tweak just one section of the ai line? Do you not have to run a whole lap to fix a bad section like that?

(I have a feeling that your answer will make me happy for the future, but quite upset about my past, lol)

Funny, I noticed this the other day and at first I said "wow, the AI crashes on occasion now....that's really cool". It felt like real drivers. Then, I noticed it happened every lap on Nordschleife at the same spot. :(

@LilSki how can you tweak just one section of the ai line? Do you not have to run a whole lap to fix a bad section like that?

(I have a feeling that your answer will make me happy for the future, but quite upset about my past, lol)
It requires opening the line in the editor. You don't need the actual track to do it. You just need to load something into the editor and then you can load the line to see it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back