AC GT3/2 @ Paul Ricard - Saturday 4th July

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well that was a very competitive race, but unless you're super close to the GTRs there's little hope of catching and passing. I knew that and wanted a bit of challenge so took the SLS, which is one of my fav GT3s as well. I was down about 4kph on the straight but the GTR gets to and holds the top speed much sooner.

Practice was good, but as qually came and the server filled up my machine/rig felt the strain and was racing with 50fps which kinda had me guessing at some points, but I made the best of it and got used to it. Strategy was to stay out a bit longer, raced with 65 liters to start with and was going to do a splash and dash at the end.

Start was awful as I bogged down, I think a lost a place and tried to settle quickly into the race pace. Niki and Akis made away nice and left a pack of us behind in the first laps. There was a quick coming together in front of me which gifted me 4th behind Geoff, we had a nice scrap for a few laps then I anticipated Geoff's entry speed into the 2nd gear right king before the main Mistral Straight, I must have tapped him very gently on my end dont know how it was from Geoff's view but AC collision model etc., so we lost pace to the front runners then. Geoff pretty much let me pass later on and I had some time alone in the middle of the stint. The car suffered from understeer due to earlier laps in traffic and wasn't able to dip into the 57s regularly.

My inlap to the pits I had a massive spin after the Mistral Straight and that ruined the gap I had to Geoff and co. when I came out on cold tires I conceded positions to Geoff, Si, and Matheus as there was no point in ruining my tires coming out of the straight. Had a nice battle with Matheus we had a coming together before the front straight at the hair pin. The GTR suffers there from understeer and was able to go on the outside of Matheo but he must have not seen me, no biggie. Gentlemanly he gave position, after that I was able to get the best run of times out of the car and was constantly in the low 57s and sometimes on point for a PB. I caught Geoff and Si battling and when 3 cars are fighting for position all with different driving characteristics things get exciting and dicy. Great fun while it lasted, no worries Si, would have been fun to take it to the line.

All in all great race, it's obvious the car to be in is the GTR but I had a ton of fun in the SLS. Great fights and very competitive pace throughout the race, it was quite nerve wracking RD is where it's at.

What a fabulous post @Cristian Haba you put it so perfectly! was a fabulous race. Sorry for my touch on you. I was so annoyed I quit to pits which was daft with only two laps left! the different cars made for some really exciting battles, I had a mammoth battle with @Geof for about 5/6 laps near the end. Such fun!

Thank you for that Haba. Very eventful there. I'd imagined you would be in the mix with us, but that was just too eventful for you. Just try running a short 1st gear in SLS. It's the best starting car. Nismo has acceleration adv out of final turn, and 3rd last corner. T1 and the complex is actually SLS slight balance adv, as well as the backstraight corner and downhill bend.

Edit : as for my race, imagine someone might be interested to have a read
Came straight in. Used your set Haba. I'm very exp with SLS, so just wanted to poke some fun out of Nismo. 15min training got some feel for it. Qualifying was fun. Did 3 strong laps. It just felt like super low TC was way to go. 3.
Was too lazy to do all the clicking on start to start without TC. Kunos needs to get TC on the wheel buttons. srs. And honestly wanted to see if tc would kill start too much. But, there was a lil mistake in that. Short-shifted to 2nd just as the TC got out of it. So that didn't work well. Was too late to block off Akis on the right. Someone was going on the left. Touching my car. To hell with it, went on the outside and repassed to lead. But, just Akis had mega run and past me on the straight. Not long into the race, figured it's much better to just get some TC out of the car, went to like 8 or 10 to have better runs out of slow turns (should try starting the car with that tc sometime too). Was back racing Akis. After a while, dived into that first slow corner. But, just made the most horrible overdrive on the corner leading to the straight... Should of just been much stronger there. Anyway, back again chasing Akis. And my plan was to get some switch going thru the complex out of t1, but akis ren wide and consided the place. Didn't have to do that, but ok, ill take that. Was hard enough to pass anyway. Was a clean driving and improving my driving from there. :)

Last edited:
Cool race. Very nice cars (as always) and very nice mod track!

My teammate @Si and I wanted to apologize to the directors at Ferrari, for bringing the highest finisher on position 7. In front of us? Oh, just some japanese GT3 cars. ;)

I had some nice battles for the first half of the race, mainly with @Lorenzo Bonder and @Matyas Kone. @Matheus Machado had some unusual connection issues, and his car shifted and hit me at full speed (whereas I was taking a slow corner), before the server called it back to where it was supposed to be. Just tell your parents to stay off the Internet when you're racing! ;)

Then it was a bit of a lonely race. Definitely enjoyed it overall though! :)

I struggle to get 40 at minimum settings... Try lowering the reflections as they take A LOT of frames for me especially on modded tracks. (i've got them disabled btw)

but he must have not seen me, no biggie.
I saw you, but I had lost my rear and then I hit the brakes, as it seen to take the car back to control most of the times, but unfortunately it didn't. I'm really sorry for that.

Reactions: Si
Not an issue man, you drove an amazing race at crazy pace considering your conditions. Well done, next time I'll anticipate better lol.

Not all of us can get Titan Xs and 34inch wide viewing screens :D @Si

Not an issue man, you drove an amazing race at crazy pace considering your conditions. Well done, next time I'll anticipate better lol.

Thanks. I did test this track some time ago. Really like the rhythm of it too. Akis was driving better then I saw him so far too. Props.
Not all of us can get Titan Xs and 34inch wide viewing screens :D @Si
Damn, that's my worries too mate. If I get money and 3 monitor setup. Then what. :notworthy:

That was awesome race guys again:) Maybe 2 or 3 laps alone in track :) Little bit more touch than the normal but I think the damage is not on 100% so I can manage my car to the end and had some fun fight with Lorenzo.
Thank you Simon, See you tonight :)

Some footage from the race! :)

11626-1436052435-3b8dc91eaef1ef8b74aecc0840b2ea22.jpg

11624-1436052425-5fa374637013fd6456c11c065a305c53.jpg

11622-1436052413-864a9ede648e47dbfb5cefdafa9e3d85.jpg

11623-1436052419-df3e3f7baf9806f3b07c1891ecc2aa9d.jpg
I hope you like it! By the way guys, you shoud definitely check the replay. It seems like the author of the mod created four different sets of cameras around the track. It honestly looks like a real race, it's extremely nice.

Thanks for everything yesterday guys and @Si for putting it all together. Sorry I had to leave early and for a few clumsy moves, I'm used to getting away with a lot more in a kart IRL haha Cant wait for the next one, hopefully I can be a bit closer to the front next time :) Awesome stuff! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back