AC GT2 @ Zandvoort - Saturday August 8th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
rd-gt2-nurb-jpg.94335

The 'Murican GT Saturdays begins at Dutch lands, at the iconic Zandvoort track!

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT #4 (US)
Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here
Cars: Ferrari 458 GT2, BMW M3 GT2, Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTLM
Track: Circuit Park Zandvoort
Track Conditions: 96% grip (improving)

Booking: no - Pickup Mode
Practice: 20:00 EST | 00:00 GMT (on 08/09) | 10:00 AEST (on 08/09) (90 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:45 EST | 01:30 GMT (on 08/09) | 11:30 AEST (on 08/09) (15 minutes)
Race: 22:00 EST | 01:45 GMT (on 08/09) | 11:45 AEST (on 08/09) (26 laps)

Entry List:

1. Lorenzo Bonder 458
  2. JRP77 M3
  3. Getrag C7.R
  4. Mowinckel M3
  5. Matheus Machado 458 (of course)
  6. Evan Spall Pugna (EG!)
  7. Free Slot
  8. Free Slot
  9. Free Slot
  10. Free Slot
  11. Free Slot
  12. Free Slot
  13. Free Slot
  14. Free Slot
  15. Free Slot
  16. Free Slot
  17. Free Slot
  18. Free Slot

Last edited:
Well, I picked up Premium like a minute ago, and I do like racing sims. Lord, or Bahamut, Odin, Moses, Shiva, someone, something, please give me the strength to not come last. Count me in with the #80 M3.

Also, do we use any TCS or ABS? Lemme know for practise!

Reactions: Si
And now tagging EVERYONE FROM 'MURICA:

@Fred Locklear, @Ryan Ogurek, @Dragos Haba, @Stereo, @Cristian Haba, @Matheus Machado (SCHOOL JUST STARTED BRO, NO EXAMS OR HOMEWORK FOR NOW), @Jaime Aleman, @Quentis Gillispie, @Angelo dos Santos, @Mantii, @Joao Alves, @anyone else from america that I didn't tag

And now the AUSSIES and else:
@Chris Stacey (WE ARE RUNNING THIS ON A NON AMERICAN SERVER, CHRIS :p), @evo2rs, @Sniper, @Sun Levi, @Ashley Cowan, @Michael Young, @Nick10, @El-ahrairah, @DarkElf12, @Matt Bailey, @led00m, @Anyone else from the Outbacks!

Oh man this was my first race against people who are actually into sim racing, and do their own car set up. I've been sim racing for about seven years now, so I'm not bad, but I didn't really know if I could compete in any sort of league, or even club racing. But here I am, I tried it out, expecting to need a blue flag on my bonnet for how much of a nuisance I would be. After I said I'd join the race, I spent a lot of time working on my setup, and doing practise laps. Lots and lots. Didn't think much of my times, but in practice I was actually competitive!

In qualy I found some pace I didn't know I had and qualified third. I was worried about the start 'cause I didn't want to ruin anyone's race with a Webber~esque start! I dropped to fourth off the line, but ended up swapping paint and in fourth going into the first corner. I took it easy and regained control, then the guy in front (Chris, I think?) overcooks it going in, and boom, I take back third. First and second are miles ahead, and I'm in my own race. I found a zone I didn't know I had. I had no idea that I could pound in 26 laps with a consistent pace, and not lock up once, while putting in better laps than I ever did in practise or qualy, and this is just the start with a full load of fuel! I get into a rhythm and see in my mirrors that Chris (I think?) is right behind me, and I found even more pace. Then I knew I had to be on it for the next 22 laps because he's right there, waiting for me to make a mistake. Even when he wasn't in my mirrors, I knew I needed that buffer, so I pushed hard all race so when I did make a mistake, I had already made up for it. I was more consistent than I knew I could be. Ended up finishing third. It was a real eye opener to see how much all my practise had paid off, and a real thrill!

I am going to be back for so much more, it was awesome.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 378 39.6%