AC GT2 @ Paul Ricard - Friday 30th Jan. 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Put me down, if you could pre sign me in with the Ferrari in case I get home late that would be great. What info do you need from me to do it?

Now that I've given this track a good go I really hope we get some more sign ups, quite fun and technical.

On another note I believe I have fixed my internet problem. I was just online for an hour and my ping was really stable and even went down from 130 to 99. It fluctuated a small amount as you'd expect from wireless but not like it has been and there were no spikes!!! Normally I'd have at least one or two in that time.

Keeping my fingers crossed, and I'll do another test tomorrow, but it's looking good. Haven't seen it like this since I moved house :)

ok, so we have 9 now (if you add my name to the list) please don't cancel it if we don't get one more, I fail to see how it could be any less decent if we don't :(

Please make sure you have the latest version of the car and track installed.
Corvette is 1.0
Paul Ricard is 0.6.1

Sign me up for this one please.

Ferrari 458 GT2 :)

Going to try running this combo with a dozen cars and see how the PC performs.

If I'm maxing out on CPU I may have to leave it, will let you know :thumbsup:

It struggled badly with the Nords, but being a smaller circuit I may get away with it.
Online is much less demanding than offline ai, if you can run with 8 cars you should be good to go

...and that makes 10.

I'll try and be back in time for booking.
Sign me up for the Ferrari and I second Jeremy's comment about it be being a bloody hard track.
welcome back Ash. Can you get some time in please on the wheel settings so I can knick them!!

what wheel did you get @Ashley Cowan ?

Also, @Jamie Pyatt I have played around with the settings on my wheel a bit since we stuffed em up.

I have found that Drift assistance (DRI) makes the car feel like you have a guy tugging a rope randomly mid corner against the way your turning. So I have scrapped it along with damper (DRP).

I now use a very neutral setup and it feels great.

On wheel:
SEN: OFF
FF: 100
SHO: 100 (only if you want the vibration from the wheel itself)
ABS: 85 (makes the brake pedal and rim vibrate when you apply over 85% of brake force, only if you have SHO on and have V2 pedals plugged into the base)
LIN: OFF
DEA: OFF
DRI: OFF
FOR: 100
SPR: OFF
DPR: OFF

you could even turn SHO and ABS to OFF as well if you don't like the mild vibration motor in the wheel.

In game im using about 63% gain in the main menu and 100% for each car. You can adjust the gain to your liking but if you go too high you'll get clipping.

Last edited:
@Matt Bailey I bought Jamie's V1 CSW. big big difference to the G27.
I have only just had a few drives with it. I think I set it to the RD recommended settings and have not played. Maybe after a week or 2 I will get adventurous and try your settings above.

what wheel did you get @Ashley Cowan ?

Also, @Jamie Pyatt I have played around with the settings on my wheel a bit since we stuffed em up.

I have found that Drift assistance (DRI) makes the car feel like you have a guy tugging a rope randomly mid corner against the way your turning. So I have scrapped it along with damper (DRP).

I now use a very neutral setup and it feels great.

On wheel:
SEN: OFF
FF: 100
SHO: 100 (only if you want the vibration from the wheel itself)
ABS: 85 (makes the brake pedal and rim vibrate when you apply over 85% of brake force, only if you have SHO on and have V2 pedals plugged into the base)
LIN: OFF
DEA: OFF
DRI: OFF
FOR: 100
SPR: OFF
DPR: OFF

you could even turn SHO and ABS to OFF as well if you don't like the mild vibration motor in the wheel.

In game im using about 63% gain in the main menu and 100% for each car. You can adjust the gain to your liking but if you go too high you'll get clipping.
Thanks Matt. I'll give these a go when I get a chance.

What a race! Really enjoyed that even without any sound :rolleyes: Some great battles @David Armstrong @Chris Stacey :thumbsup:

racede-1_zps52789464.jpg~original

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back