AC GT2 @ Monza - Thu 12 Mar 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What a stuff up! The new "slow down" system should not have been used in a race, before it had been tested. I was stationary for about 30 seconds after recieving the penalty to slow down, and it never went away, so I carried on with the race thinking maybe it's a bug that it's not going away..

As soon as I crossed the Start/finish...BLACK FLAG!

Really disapointed.

Oh well

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/penalty-system-in-mp-1-1.21544/#post-414383

This post explains it, but I think it needs work. You can't be losing so many places because you just went off the track, you should only get that penalty if you try to cut a corner to earn extra time.

Last edited:
@Tomi Manninen nice race! When I heard your rev limiter after the first chicane, I knew it was my only chance to catch you!

Too many slow downs and server drops for me. My ping was low too. It needs fixing I think.
I'll try different server settings next time, see how it goes.

So we learned some new things today.
1.If you have a blue flag for 30 consecutive seconds, you get disqualified. So at this point the best thing to do is to lift off to get rid of the flag asap.
2. Going off track penalizes you a lot. @Tasos Olympou did you actually get a timer that showed you how many seconds of penalty you had left or you just guessed?

Thank you @Akis for setting up the race and for the results. I couldn't wait to race that Corvette. I'm not disappointed, but I was maybe expecting a bit more of refinement in its driving. I did not notice any problems related to the new game version, but I've heard the complaints about the black flag system, and it definitely needs to be fixed. Also, the "two outlaps bug" that's gonna turn your qualifying into a nightmare! :confused:

As far as my race is concerned, I was happily driving some consistent laps in medium tyres, when near the end of the race, I suffered a freeze in the Ascari corners. It lasted maybe less than a second, but was still way to long to just drive blindly. So my car ended up wrecked in the wall. The repairs took long and the few laps left didn't allow me to do much... :(

I know it's no big deal, it's just a Club race, but these freezes have happened to me pretty often in Assetto Corsa. I know the game is still in developpement, that's a fact, but do you guys know how to fix these freezes? Maybe it's due to the apps on screen, because my FPS is not especially low. I'd like to race without that constant threat! :unsure:

Anyway, overall, it was still an enjoyable race. Congrats to the winners and the fair drivers, especially @Galin Dimov after my incident. :thumbsup:

2. Going off track penalizes you a lot. [USER=166269]@Tasos Olympou did you actually get a timer that showed you how many seconds of penalty you had left or you just guessed?[/USER]
Nope, no timer. All we know is the time is based on where you exited and how many penalties you have (having 2 penalties will increase the time you need to spend off the throttle).

I know the game is still in developpement, that's a fact, but do you guys know how to fix these freezes? Maybe it's due to the apps on screen, because my FPS is not especially low. I'd like to race without that constant threat! :unsure:
Maybe this will help you: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-most-common-issues-updated-02-02-2015.16619/

Thank's @Akis :). I love side by side racing with people I can trust that they don't do any stupid moves or crazy dives:thumbsup: Though, accidents and misjudges happens to everybody sometimes.
Few times I was afraid that you come to my bumper cause I did brake just a little bit earlier to corners, because I have big flat spot both of my tires.

Ps. I think that thing when your lap is calculated only after 3th lap is connected to where you push the exit to pit button. If you push exit to pit button inside the track limits, then it count laps as it should. I'm not 100% sure but this is what I noticed.

@Sharjeel (and everyone of course)
I posted a video to show which points are good to let the guy lapping you pass.

good places for overtaking

After the accident you had at the chicane, you should have left the car behind pass (blue flag should have been on from the start of the video I posted).

@Sharjeel (and everyone of course)
I posted a video to show which points are good to let the guy lapping you pass.

good places for overtaking

After the accident you had at the chicane, you should have left the car behind pass (blue flag should have been on from the start of the video I posted).
@Akis The guy was way behind when I rejoined. It was not that I was faster than him, so I wasn't pushing to create a gap. I knew that he would catch me up which he did on the pit straight anyway and then I braked way before pit exit line ( I normally brake just after the pit exit line finishes) to let him pass and he did except that he gave me a small nudge with the rear of his car (not that he did it on purpose). I actually got black flagged because I was pushed into run off area and for some reason AC victimised me by ignoring to flag a warning on my screen about slowing down during that lap. Anyway, your advice is duly taken note off. Cheers.

@Galin Dimov You were not a part of this incident. So you have no business in this conversation whatsoever.

@Akis The guy was way behind when I rejoined. It was not that I was faster than him, so I wasn't pushing to create a gap. I knew that he would catch me up which he did on the pit straight anyway and then I braked way before pit exit line ( I normally brake just after the pit exit line finishes) to let him pass and he did except that he gave me a small nudge with the rear of his car (not that he did it on purpose). I actually got black flagged because I was pushed into run off area and for some reason AC victimised me by ignoring to flag a warning on my screen about slowing down during that lap. Anyway, your advice is duly taken note off. Cheers.

@Galin Dimov You were not a part of this incident. So you have no business in this conversation whatsoever.

It's a universal rule that you clearly don't know how to follow (or you chose not to) and you were black flagged for it. Also, you did ruin my race as well while being lapped on the same place so don't even get me started. Just listen to the advice we are trying to give you and respect the blue flags!

@Sharjeel, these are the points you should have let the other driver pass. Braking 50 m earlier does not really help. In fact it's dangerous and complicates the things a lot. The video I posted shows clearly the best areas for overtaking a lapped car.

I know it's no big deal, it's just a Club race, but these freezes have happened to me pretty often in Assetto Corsa. I know the game is still in developpement, that's a fact, but do you guys know how to fix these freezes? Maybe it's due to the apps on screen, because my FPS is not especially low. I'd like to race without that constant threat! :unsure:
Try to get rid of all the 3rd party apps (especially OV). I had the same issue in the past.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back