AC GT2 & GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps - Friday 5th June 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Apart from my connection dropping that was actually an awesome race!

GT3%201_zpsuogrkslk.jpg~original

Great race, had lots of fun (and finally a proper pace again) :)
Slept at the start and Evan could get past me with Nissan power. First half of the race close battle with him and Tony. Got really close one time when Tony teleported from 10m away right in front of me at Blanchimont. Could get past Evan during the stops, Tony spun off at some point before I think. After that a rather quiet race, was chasing Ashley for a bit until he pitted. Race positions say that Evan was ahead of me then :O_o:, but that wasn't the case.

Btw, what was that with Sun flying over the fence? My replay doesn't cover that, starts in lap 3 only.

1.jpg

Bumper view, ~1s between the two screens :D
2.jpg
3.jpg

I had a great, albeit lonely, race to finish second. Managed to keep @El-ahrairah and @tobi kederer at bay over the opening laps then I think they pitted reasonably early so was by myself for a long while.

After I came out from the pits on softs I put some distance on Tobi but only for a few laps until they started wearing down.

There was no way I was catching @Matheus Machado, way too fast mate, well done! Same with @Sun Levi and @RenZ_ but fortunately for me they had some problems... ;)

Tony teleported from 10m away right in front of me at Blanchimont.

After that a rather quiet race, was chasing Ashley for a bit until he pitted.

Yeah I saw all you quick guys coming and that battle would have been for position so some fun for all. I had only fueled for 3/4 distance so went in with 0.8 laps left in the tank.

Its a said state of affairs when the guy with the server at work warps into the guy on the other side of the globe.

Congrats @Matheus Machado on the win.

Sun and I had some drama with his connection issues causing a drop out and then causing me to stop in the middle of the road as he teleported. I had significant splitter damage and had to pit early which wrecked my pace having 70L onboard.

Good job @Sun Levi on qual, 'went the wrong way with my setup by going softs and a bit of DF. I was half a second up on my supersoft lap but overcooked it, I had 1/2 DF on the qualy setup to get heat into the softs but it overheated the SS. I am looking forward to next weeks battle between you and I :x3:

@El-ahrairah , good defending in closing stages. I figured I wasn't going to get past so I just pitted for some new tyres as I had 70s behind me. By then they were very old from the early pit.

Thanks @Chris Stacey for putting on another good event.

So unfortunate I teleported into you :cry: Would've been a close battle all the way to the end :thumbsup: And yeah I think 0 rear wing was the ideal setting, the car still felt pretty good through the corners :)

Hi guys, Iam new to RD. What do i have to do in order to race AC here with you guys please. Apologies if this post is not in the correct part of the forum.

congrats too the pods and especially teammate matheus ,our plan went exactly right ,i test out the pit stops which i did 3 times ,and you win well done ;) cheers to chris and tony again

Hi guys, Iam new to RD. What do i have to do in order to race AC here with you guys please. Apologies if this post is not in the correct part of the forum.
Hi there!
Well, firstly you'll need to get yourself a premium membership (more info here). Then have a read through our club racing rules (here), and then you're good to go :)

Just out of curiousity, which region of the world are you based in? We currently provide club races for European, American and Australian regions. Look for the prefix in the title of each event which indicates the timezone it will be run at (EU, U.S., AU).

Last edited:
Chris,
Sorry mate, iam from Blacktown in Sydneys West. I have been a member of www.austeamracing.com for over 13 years and a member of the iracing community for over 5 years. I have raced in GTR, GTR2, GTREvo, NR2003, Arca leagues with them and i have also had plenty of experience with iracing like i said.
I have only had Assetto Corsa for about 1 month now and iam still gettin used to it but iam finding that i like the physics of this much more than iRacings physics for their GT3 cars.
Will have a read through your club racing rules and then buy a premium membership so i can hopefully go racing with you guys asap.

Chris,
Sorry mate, iam from Blacktown in Sydneys West. I have been a member of www.austeamracing.com for over 13 years and a member of the iracing community for over 5 years. I have raced in GTR, GTR2, GTREvo, NR2003, Arca leagues with them and i have also had plenty of experience with iracing like i said.
I have only had Assetto Corsa for about 1 month now and iam still gettin used to it but iam finding that i like the physics of this much more than iRacings physics for their GT3 cars.
Will have a read through your club racing rules and then buy a premium membership so i can hopefully go racing with you guys asap.
That's awesome mate! Looking forward to racing with you :)
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout, it's a great bunch of fellas here, so we'll be more than happy to help :)

Ok mate, read and understand the club racing rules, paid my premium membership for 12 months and now iam ready to race with you guys :). Please tell me the how, what when as i dont have a clue on how to book a place or anything like that so iam going to need help to get up to speed please. Iam guessing you guys use TS so please let me know all the details regarding that and anything else that i need to know. Sort of need a NOOBS guide to racing online with Assetto Corsa and RD :whistling:. Thanks in advance for any help ;).

Yeah I saw all you quick guys coming and that battle would have been for position so some fun for all. I had only fueled for 3/4 distance so went in with 0.8 laps left in the tank.

Its a said state of affairs when the guy with the server at work warps into the guy on the other side of the globe.
Nah the warping was my fault in all the confusion with restart etc I forgot to disconnect rest of house from the internet that's why I was getting spiking and that's why I was losing concentration and making mistakes as I was worried about the lag, ended up disconnecting the rest of house in my pitstop:)

Great fun racing with @Casper even though he cheated:) lmao

Luckily it wasn't into, that could've caused a mess with cars still being fairly close.

@Jeremy Talbot: I don't think I was ever really close, first had Tony and Evan between us. After my stop (halfway point btw, mediums would still have lasted a couple of laps, but I was out of fuel) the gap was a bit more than 10s, think it stayed that way until the end.

I think before you and Evan pitted you were only about 4 seconds behind. I could see Evan in my rear view up until then. I pitted on lap 19 with still some grip left on my mediums, should really have waited another 2 laps as softs fell away rather fast. Not that it mattered though I guess

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back