AC GT2 / GT3 @ Nürburgring - 1h race - Sat 25.10.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well lag lag and lag, but it happens, heres what cause me to retire:

After crash:
ad860e6e-873c-4efb-b638-114531490516_zps3c9527a8.jpg

Anyway thanks, and see you at the next race!

Well, that didn't go as planned

Aftermath report

• Restart of both servers - Z4 GT3 mismatch - fixed
  • Restart of both servers - lag/warping at the end of qually - fixed
  • Server 1 had a 30 lap race afterwards w/o major issues, finished 21:20 gmt
  • Server 2 had a 20 lap race afterwards w/o major issues, finished 21:00 gmt
Thank you for your patience, see you next time.

It doesn't matter how hard I try to avoid crash at first corner and how much I give space, somebody always hit me:(. Well, tomorrow is another try.

My bumpers turns yellow at that first corner hit. Do you guys think it effect handling of the car, it certainly felt so?

This was very eventful event here. Without supersofts on z4 I was always gonna be behind Muhammed and Rasmus. But then the spanner was trown and with sudden 5min quali I move up to 2nd. The launch goes great and I'm leading long way before turn one. Nothing can go wrong, can it. I would of assumed we'd have same pace on same tire. But the guys behind were running softer compound.

So, the fight was back on. And then I see few kunos cats walking around and teleporting Muhammeds car. What to do, other then make sure i leave the line open and bide my time when tires start playing back for me.

That's what I like about a longer race like this. Always did.
So half a race in and I start closing it back. I get right onto the gearbox of Muhammed and sitting here for laps on end. He is controling good, no drifting, no locking and going wide. About same top speed. Not looking very prosperous, but I start thinking about some new lines to maybe induce an advantage and eventually his tires ever further dropping away.
I'm feeling here like being on television. Surely this is going to be a grandstand finish. This is what I wanted by not choosing the quickest car.

Oh dear god, he teleports inside my car and it's all over. Just like that. Without anyones fault, kunos cats did their magic. Well, better luck next time as they say. Grats mate.

Thanks so much for the work to get the server up, then up again, and fixing issues on the fly.

My first race, and it went ok (I finished). Couldn't swap my setups in time for the new race
start in server 1, so watched the lights go off and then the field fly by before I could catch back up. Might have been a good thing as I was able to drive around two piles of cars, then opened up a top ten position. Tires wore down around L12 but held them to L15 but pace was getting slow. Then got slightly tapped in T3 and lost a gaggle of spots. Pitted on L15 (that is so cool) and should have gone on mediums but went with softs again. They started to fail again around L25 and took a lot to bring her home. Ended up P14.

Set up learnings: Mediums were the tire. Had way too much fuel. But the setup menu told me est 36 laps, once in car it said est 86 laps... Oh well.

Good fun, thanks again!

@Tomi Manninen , Thx, I had some time to practise a bit, and the numbers were there... I knew that I should make some overtaking :confused:. But, hey, that's racing, isn't it :ninja:.

So, here I made a contact (unfortunatly not a spin) with @Galin Dimov . Sorry about that one, but I thought you would give me some space, as we dived side by side into the chicane. :unsure:

Anyway, Pit Stop (11soft-9soft) can be used to go to podium... or not.:cautious:
Thx everybody, and staff... keep Staffing, was a great reaction!

See you next.

This was my first race yesterday. Thanks for organizing this event. It's really incredible how much effort you investigate here!! Thanks a lot! However, I also have some minor critics:
(1) When you restarted the server, It was kind of not reacting when I wanted to re-login and I was blocked. This means I could not make the qualy lap. And even if: 2.5 minutes for the hotlap and so many cars is just not enough.
(2) The time between qualy-end and race-start was way to short. Not sure if my PC/program reacts to slow, but I was not able to get on the grid in time. when I was finally there, most of the field left and I also so other people still standing. if there is a way to extend this time, this would be good, I believe. (if the qualy and the race takes about 2 hours I think we should give us here at least 2 minutes of time)
(3) Over team speak I heard several times, that people plan practice starts, but at the end
there was no restart. I think in general only one start is fair and clear to everyone. however, i had problems hearing people clearly. so i probably missed some information.

I also have some questions:
(a) I experienced the ABS was not working in factory mode. Did anyone else experience that?
(b) After my crash in the first lap, I was quiet lonesome. I though sometimes about quitting, but it didn't appear fair to me to just stop. Is there a general agreement. I think only 15 finished the race.

As I said, it was my first race and a enjoyed it a lot (although it was lonely and I sometimes snails in the grass were taking me over :)

Yesterday after 2nd restarted server I cant log on. Or i dont understand corecly about 2nd restarting. Hope you dont have a lag problem in race. If you made it, please tell me, what's the reason for lag.
Sory for my eng..

Thanks Georg & Simon for bringing this up, was an nice experience! I had no idea about tyrewear etc. as i have only done some public racing in this game so far, but i really enjoyed yesterdays evening and will have a look for some more AC Club Racing @ RD!

Race wasn`t spectacular for me most time. Started 5th? after 2nd qualy and had a very lonely race until reaching Samuels and Anders back end for an awesome chasing for the last couple laps. Congrats to the winners and everyone who finished!

@Stefan Schaffelhofer
@Marjan Koderman

I'm sorry for your issues.
Normally I'm in control of servers restarts, qually time and the race. We had two servers yesterday and I couldn't be on both at once.
As written in the Notes, everyone should have a good amount of time to get his qually lap in. Also, there should be a 1 min break between end of qually and start of the practice starts for people to get sorted beforehand.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back