AC GT2/GT3 @ Mugello - Fri 23 May 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I had a nightmare, couldnt get a good feel for the P4 what ever setting I tried, was over complicating it, then getting frustrated :mad:
Then I forgot to add fuel after quali....retired.....:cry:

Enjoyed that :) didn't enjoy being taken off from 3rd place. Would be nice to see a replay to see who it was and what happened?

Franklin agreed with my version which obviously doesn't mean it's the correct one but I can only repeat what I wrote you on Teamspeak, mate.

You exited the turn rather in the middle which gave me room on the left and I thought I can catch up with you there. Still had all 4 tires onroad when you made a small adjustment to the left. I assume you figured you were clear but actually I was already sideways to you there. Just a tiny bit only, of course, but that was enough to make you lose the rear when we collided.

Really nothing I could have done at that point as we both were accelerating towards the next corner. Sorry though but in my opinion not my fault.

Some fun facts for me, and lessons learnt. I will present them to you in a little story :)

I came back from work at 9pm local time which is 6 GMT to find out i have been assigned the P4/5 . I had never tried that car so i was like :o

I took it like a man ! Booked server, went to do some practice laps on my own so i wouldn't be too slow. Found out that the cockpit of that car is claustrophobic but i liked the way it drove. Wondered a bit why i didn't try this before.

Joined the server for quali, realized there was not a single setup file anywhere on the internet for this combo :p

Did some good laps, found out the final gear (6) wasn't used at all, i went into pits, changed the final gear ratio, lowered the rear wing by 2 clicks since i was cornering with full throttle at high speed turns way too easily.
I managed to do a 1.45.5 (pole), WTF i say, this is too good to be true.

Race start, put 50lt in the tank and picked the medium tires.
Launch, the GT2's behind me were clearly faster in straight line, here comes turn nr1, easy does it, started pulling away from the rest... cool!

Here come the fast corners, the car could actually take those 2 fast corners full throttle in quali, i lift off a bit but the car starts to slide on its 4 wheels, aaaaaaaaaaand out i go :)
To be honest, this car handles awesomely with no fuel in the tank, but if you put a lot of fuel in it it changes too much, compared to lets say the mclaren GT3, which has almost same handling with empty and full fuel tank... Lesson learnt ;)

I rejoined the race 14th, actually managed to keep sliding for the next 3-4 laps, it was horrible. Finally the tank started emptying and i was doing 1.47's while the rest of the racers were in the 1.49's or 50's .
After losing it a couple more times, i managed to get to 8th position and then i found my nemesis, a GT2 driver (Edit- It was actually a Z4 driver) which i wont name, was pretty slow and he had 0 awareness of the track, we could crash like 5-6 times during 2 laps but i was careful.
I finally decided to pass him in the 1st corner which worked, i was ahead of him by half a length but he lost it in the braking of the 2nd turn and crashed me out of the track.

My race was done but i had some fun learning the car. I think i still managed to finish 8th.

Good race everyone !

p.s. I could actually take the last turn faster than the cars in front of me (GT2's) but during me passing them they would claw back and actually pass me again in the straights. This made my life a lot harder while trying to climb back the ranks.

Last edited:
@Amedeo Fiorella haha you sounded like Donald Duck

Donald_Duck.svg

ahahah I hope everybody enjoyed that! at least I did something good

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%