AC GT2/GT3 @ Monza - Wed 28 May 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes, it does that.

Some facts from #1 Server:

Qualified 8th in the GTC.
Had awesome launch but had to brake and not overtake the Z4 in front of me (in fear of causing 1st turn crash), but Bram decided to overtake me and him anyway :p

Turn 1 mayhem followed and i got caught in it, left the mayhem at P7 somehow
Turn 3 mayhem followed and i didn't get caught in it, managed to continue the race at P5, which is also the place i finished i think.
First position in my class :D
Car drove like crap during first 10 laps, i need to find a way to make setups that are race-able...

p.s. Who was driving that MC behind me for 10 laps? You made me sweat a bit :p

That was me @Stelios Fevgatos . Nice driving!!!

server #1

first of all, thanks to everybody for the race.

I'm just a bit disappointed for all the crashes I had.. I mean, we ALL have to pay more attention to contacts. I know these are just club races and they're just for fun, but if we don't make clean races, or at least try harder to be claner in driving, there would be somebody frustrated at the end of all races.

for example, I was 6th in qualifying and I worked hard for that. I entered the first corner clean on the inside, trying not to touch the z4 on the left and BOUM, a kick on my back and the disaster after.
second corner, braking hard to avoid conctacts with the cars on front (that had another huge crash), BOUM same story again.

after many laps I menaged to gain back my 6th position, entering the parabolica I had a conctact with @Catalin Sasu. I don't know if it is my or your fault, but from my point of wiew I had a clean inside line because I braked after you (parabolica it's a wide enought corner for two) and you turned some more on the right touching my front.

I'm sorry for the crash with @Paul Hurlow , that was my fault m8..

so, I think everybody would enjoy more these events if we all try to be safer drivers.

see you guys at the next one ;)

F*cking crazy race :D. Lots of mistakes, spins, battles... I forgot to change the tyres, so doing 20 laps with soft tyres wasn't an ideal situation and was quite uncomfortable to drive the car. Anyway, funny race.
@Toni Anicic damn me, it could have been a good battle, hope to race you soon again.
@Dion Vais good battle mate, sorry for the crash in the first laps, I saw you car shaking and really slow and I couldn't avoid you, congrats for the win.

You made me do many mistakes but thankfully you also screwed a couple of times.

Dont know about the GT3's and GT2's because i really hate monza and havent driven it a lot but the GTC really makes you understand how f%&ed up the asphalt in this track really is. Especially while braking hard....

+1 for the laserscan i guess :)

Yes, GTC is a nice car but unfortunately a little bit slower than the GT3's and GT2's

racemonza.jpg

Right after watching back the replay of the first lap I can only conclude what I already said on teamspeak: this game is not ready to be raced online.

There seems to be a ridiculous backward harmonica effect when a full field wants to approach the first chicane. A tiny friendly notch on the front of the field rebounds all the way back to the midpack taking everyone out without a single person being responsible for it as far as i could see.

I think the only conclusion for now is that as long as this game is in beta (alpha i may hope actually) these incidents will happen race after race without any bad intentions of the drivers (thats a comforting idea at least :))

Right after watching back the replay of the first lap I can only conclude what I already said on teamspeak: this game is not ready to be raced online.

There seems to be a ridiculous backward harmonica effect when a full field wants to approach the first chicane. A tiny friendly notch on the front of the field rebounds all the way back to the midpack taking everyone out without a single person being responsible for it as far as i could see.

I think the only conclusion for now is that as long as this game is in beta (alpha i may hope actually) these incidents will happen race after race without any bad intentions of the drivers (thats a comforting idea at least :))

Bram, a while back when we were doing the Clio league in Rfactor 2 , the netcode was FAR worse than what it is in AC right now, we still did a league.
Ill never forget someone nudging me from behind and my car launching so high up in the air, or other cases where a simple touch sent you off flying. I was crying out loud back then but most people were fine with it.
Oh well...

As long as all drivers try to race as clean as possible and give each other TONS of room its probably doable but incidents like tonight are unavoidable with such a buggy collision system.

Unless Kunos manages to address this quickly I doubt we'll see a stable 1.0 soon as this is absolutely sub par.

@Stelios Fevgatos its not just the netcode, its a combination of the absence of a damage model and collision system. A very lethal cocktail :D

Well interesting start but that aside I'm happy with my driving today, after a couple of laps I slipped into a groove of consistently lapping within a couple of tenths, with a time within a second of my PB. Second half of the race I found another 0.5 seconds as the fuel burnt off and then apart from a few laps involving traffic I maintained again within a few tenths.

The Lotus is a super car, really fun in the corners and low fuel use. I'd love to take this out in a 6 hour event :) awesome.

Thank you all, it was a nice race, I enjoyed it!
The start as usual was a mess, i was hitten from behind and sent to the grass:unsure:
@Dave Stephenson, congratulation, we had a nice duel, almost overtοοk me on the last lap:thumbsup:

PS. Medium tyres are quite sufficient for 20 laps.

Yeh they where good for me too. Think I had you in the corners but you had me in the straights. If only that McLaren didn't show up :whistling:

Look forward to crossing paths again some time :)

Weirdest thing for may race, I think I had forgot to change tires after qualifying:thumbsdown:, but I had a good time:), got used as a braking wall but stuff happens :confused::mad::whistling::D First ever race with the P4/5, had no idea how to calculate fuel so I put I 60+ and it look to be enough to bring it home in one piece. Thanks RD for the event:thumbsup: thought I was going to miss out:coffee:

Server #1 - Enjoyed the race, crazy start, I just think when one car coliides it just sets off a chain reaction that looks worse because of collision.

@Amedeo Fiorella no problem mate, you were quicker than me, I was trying to defend the last lap :cautious: I think that bump with a normal collision system wouldnt have done anything, it was such a slight tap :thumbsup:

@Jamie Fluke, @Alex Ardisana
Thank you both

@Dion Vais good battle mate, sorry for the crash in the first laps, I saw you car shaking and really slow and I couldn't avoid you, congrats for the win.

No prob. It was actually more of my fault to be honest, something distracted me and I downshifted to 2nd gear. After the crash I was like "well deserved mate"

A few more laps and you could have overtaken me. Jamie in a GT2 car would be very close if not ahead, too.

Last edited:
I reallyenjoyed myself an server 1 today. I was the slowest guy on the server all day, but as usual I find myself sneaking away from any turmoil on the first lap (well, most of the turmoil. I had to avoid a backwards-facing Bram in the gravel trap at one point).
I will not call driving with Dave Begley for fighting, as he was in the faster McLaren and was clearly faster than me, but he was the guy I was passed by and passed myself most frequently over 20 laps.
I hope I was giving enough room when people came up to pass me, this was the first time I really have driven the game longer than 20 minutes.

Will join more events, loving the game already :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%