AC GT2/GT3 Endurance @ Spa-Francorchamps - Sun 15 Mar 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks @Ricardo for setting up such endurance events. Overall I had a good time, but I'm exhausted now! :p

I went for a "mediums only" strategy (pitted on lap 26), that was fine. I had some really nice (and fair) battles in the first stint, with the big group composed of @Frank, @Patrick Wuyts, @Morne Du Plooy, and @Ramon Salles, until I saw some of you guys crash in front of me after Eau Rouge...

The second stint was a bit more boring, around 30 seconds away from the car in front and the car behind. Everyrhing seemed to be under control, but that's when the trouble began... I had constant sound drops when downshifting, and the worst of all, those damn freezes! :mad: (even though I removed a lot of apps, it does not seem to make any difference). The last freeze happened two laps before the end, I braked soflty to be safe, but when the images unfroze, I slightly touched the wall at low speed. Apparently that was enough to blow the engine compeltely... :(

I'm frustrated because I spent some time preparing the race, working on the setup. And the day is ruined (once again) by some bugs. :thumbsdown: As a lot of you (I guess), I love Assetto Corsa, so that makes me even more upset that online races put me through so many issues...

Anyway, to end on a positive note, I join @Matheus Machado and thank the lapped cars today. Especially @Sharjeel and @Patrick Wuyts for their fair play, indicating on the TeamSpeak where to pass. :thumbsup:

P.S.: I think I set the replay size to the max, but apparenlty that is still not enough for the whole race. Maybe one day we'll be able to have a proper replay of a race in AC! :D

Last edited:
P.S.: I think I set the replay size to the max, but apparenlty that is still not enough for the whole race. Maybe one day we'll be able to have a proper replay of a race in AC! :D

You have to decrease replay quality as well. I have set that to low and my replay size was 380mb only. So it is possible to record about 80 laps race. And there's no noticeable differense compared to high settings.

@Ricardo Could you guys please ensure to leave the server on for a longer time after the race leader finishes? I guess the server was reset while i was on lap 49. I don't mind finishing last but that DNF is an eyesore.

That Race was one of the best i ever had, it had almost everything and i learned a bit :)
The first stint was amazing and i led for 1 Lap a GT Race :inlove:, and then came the Pit Stop, i dont know i just dont like how they work.

The second stint was really hard then, Tomi was so close all the time and i damaged my Car somehow, or i had a Flat Spot, i lost about 0.3s to 0.5s in the last and first Corner and Eau Rouge compared to the first stint there.

But it was great fun, after a few Laps i saw where Tomi was gaining time and where i can pull away on the Track, we played that Game for ~25 Laps. :laugh:

It would be great if someone can upload the Replay, i set my Settings to Medium, and it starts at Lap 16.

Thx for the fantastic Event Ricardo :thumbsup:

What a race!

I was as always unprepared,so that meant that i had to use a modified Barbagallo setup.All went well during practise and i found a nice but slow flow.Then on qualy i just tried to set a safe lap.

Coming to the race -form 10th or 11th cant recall-,i knew i had to just survive.No stupid or dangerous moves.This was a 2hours race after all.So i did just that.The car developed really bad oversteer in every high speed brake entry zone.That meant i had to be alert cause the rear was all over the place,trying to catch the front.I managed to escape 2 big ones -which woke me up lol-

Things went smoothly at the start where i managed to gain some places in the opening laps.

From then on it was a lonely race.The highlight of my race was the great battle i had with @Matheus Machado -thanks mate- at lap 32-33 if i remember correctly.We kept changing places for about two laps,while the 0-2 wing settings of my Merc made life for Matheus difficult.After passing me he disappeared to the distance and from there i had to do steady laps in order to finish,which i did.

I want to also thank the lapped guys who did an awesome job respecting the blue flags.

Thanks for organizing the race @Ricardo and all the rest of the crew.

See ya all on the track for the next one

Thank you @Ricardo for this great event. I had a blast :)

There was huge pressure from both @Falko Renner and @Tomi Manninen allmost through the whole race. I had to struggle to keep the car in control because of small bump in my rear in installation lap by @Costi Trandafir which caused serious oversteer and made me lose some time over lap. Damage was not big but effect was noticeable. That resulted in me completely trashing my rears with that first set of mediums way too early. That was when Falko easily passed me, and there was nothing I could do but to keep sliding :D
Took my pitstop early, and now knowing the situation was able to manage those tyres to the end. Had to really try to go as fast as possible without destroying those rears because of Falko and Tomi giving me pressure. Made few errors too, but not any big ones.
Too bad to hear you had trouble in pits @Falko Renner . Think you would have won without that... :unsure:

Great driving from all of you guys. Thanks for everyone, and specially those who gave nicely room to lap you...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back