AC GT2/GT3 2H @ Monza - Saturday 26th of March 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well that got interesting :) just as I jumped on the grid, my daughter came out and I had to take her to the toilet, bad timing kiddo lol so had no choice but to quit or be left standing on the grid.

Still had a lot of fun, some good battles throughout even if not for position (hopefully any one I unlapped myself on didn't mind me racing them :) )

The 2 hours seemed fine, but part of that was probably due to not worrying about where I ended up, a 2 hour battle for the top positions would be insane!

Look forward to the next one!

"i have been driving with these guys for a long time and they will give the time back"

not that it matters to the race result but i'd hate to say i told you so, Rami cutting the chicane on lap 60 and only loosing 1s off his pace, now thats cheating in my book and not very nice seeing this **** happening when i'm paying good money for legit racing.

"i have been driving with these guys for a long time and they will give the time back"

not that it matters to the race result but i'd hate to say i told you so, Rami cutting the chicane on lap 60 and only loosing 1s off his pace, now thats cheating in my book and not very nice seeing this **** happening when i'm paying good money for legit racing.

In my books there is difference between deliberately cutting a corner and overshooting one. First one is made to gain time, later is accidental. Which was the case on that chicane for me. Yes I could have stormed through gaining several seconds, but I accelerated only when that time gain was gone, and thus did actually lose time. I really think I did as should be done, if not, please correct me.

For more important accident, still sorry for that hit @Cristian Haba ... I was too eager to keep that gap to minimum because straightline speed and acceleration in that audi just doesn't par with huracan. So totally my mistake, no excuses for that.

In my books there is difference between deliberately cutting a corner and overshooting one. First one is made to gain time, later is accidental. Which was the case on that chicane for me. Yes I could have stormed through gaining several seconds, but I accelerated only when that time gain was gone, and thus did actually lose time. I really think I did as should be done, if not, please correct me.

Thinking back you have done as the situation required, there was nobody loosing out as a result.

@Rami no problem for whatever reason I was having more trouble on the race server than the practice one. No excuses, but the shadows caught me out because of practicing with a different time setting and at Monza I have to be meter accurate with the Lambo to exploit its pace advantage over all the other GT3s. You put on good pressure and in the first part of the race atleast you deserved to go by.

The incident I could have done a bit more to avoid it, I saw you closing up way too fast but as you did I insitinctively took the corner as well instead of leaving room for you to escape, still it was a long race but I was more upset at my performance in the second sector which was abysmal. I had pace for pole and consistent low to high 49s in the race but for whatever reason the car would not cooperate.

Super fun race though, tracks like monza where theres time for rest/respite on long straight make for great long distance races and I think post 1.5 where we will have time progression we will see more of this.

Super fun race, thank for all that stayed and took part always fun to share the track with you all, viva RD :D.

Despite finishing last I really enjoyed it. I was constantly fighting blue flags. :D
My first pitstop didn't go as planned because Pitconfig refused so I got a full tank of fuel but they didnt swap my tires so I had to make a second pitstop. :(
After that my race was over so I just wanted to complete the full two hours. I got a bit tired at the end so that cost me a few mistakes but I made it to the finish! ;)

Better luck next time.. the AMG isn't the fastest car out there. :p

Despite finishing last I really enjoyed it. I was constantly fighting blue flags. :D
My first pitstop didn't go as planned because Pitconfig refused so I got a full tank of fuel but they didnt swap my tires so I had to make a second pitstop. :(
After that my race was over so I just wanted to complete the full two hours. I got a bit tired at the end so that cost me a few mistakes but I made it to the finish! ;)

Better luck next time.. the AMG isn't the fastest car out there. :p

Hopefully after the 31st the AMG will be a lot more competitive, its a great car, and with a lot of time put in it can be good now, but yeah when you can jump in a Lambo or an Audi and go quick straight away it's hard to choose the AMG lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%