AC GT2/E @ VIR - Friday, August 25, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Already 23 entries for a mod track? :whistling:
'A' mod track he says :D
What, where????
sgt schultz.jpg

Oh you guys mean a MODern track. I get it:p

I'm one frustrated Convict ATM:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Ive come to the conclusion I hate the tyre model in AC, it's :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::thumbsdown:
I tried the hards in the vette looking at a 1 stop strategy:thumbsup:, but after wasting 90min tweaking the settings I couldn't get heat into them period:(, I went full negative toe front and rear with high camber, I maxed dampers, I maxed spring rates, went minimum dampers, minimum spring rates, low tyre pressures, high tyre pressures nothing feking works:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. Im baffled as to why hards are even available for some cars, if it's suppose to be a simulation then why the fek can't you get heat into hard tyres by lowering tyre pressures, as is done irl. Maybe Kunos should ask ISI for some advice on dynamic tyre modelling, at least the tyre model in rF2 works.

Anyone have a decent setup for hard tyres for either the Porsche or the Vette?

I'm one frustrated Convict ATM:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Ive come to the conclusion I hate the tyre model in AC, it's :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::thumbsdown:
I tried the hards in the vette looking at a 1 stop strategy:thumbsup:, but after wasting 90min tweaking the settings I couldn't get heat into them period:(, I went full negative toe front and rear with high camber, I maxed dampers, I maxed spring rates, went minimum dampers, minimum spring rates, low tyre pressures, high tyre pressures nothing feking works:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. Im baffled as to why hards are even available for some cars, if it's suppose to be a simulation then why the fek can't you get heat into hard tyres by lowering tyre pressures, as is done irl. Maybe Kunos should ask ISI for some advice on dynamic tyre modelling, at least the tyre model in rF2 works.

Anyone have a decent setup for hard tyres for either the Porsche or the Vette?

I never pay attention to temperatures, as long as my pressures are in the green everything is fine.

Anybody got any thoughts on pit strategy? I haven't had time to test, not sure which tire compound will be the best or how long a full tank of petrol will last.
I'm thinking 2 stops and using the mediums. I can't remember what 45 liters got me, but I think it was around 15 laps which should work out to about 27.5 minutes. It may have been 13 laps, but I can let you know later if you want. Don't forget that I'm driving the Prius so your mileage may vary:p

Meeeeeeeeeee toooooooooooo:mad::mad::mad::mad:
So you use the Sim Creators tire app. You then use ProTyres to see the ideal psi. Soooo said developers tire app shows green tires when the blankets come off so you know it's possible. You then proceed to lose all the heat in your tires from what? Racing. Only way to get the heat back in them is lock 'em up or spin out which I'm great at. Stupid game:D:D Even that doesn't work on some compounds:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back