AC GT2/E @ Silverstone - Friday June 23rd 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
thanks Bobby - I hope it brings me luck + I have to take the #91 RSR and aim to place it higher than it finished in this years Le Mans race.

#FightThosePeskyCorvettesAndAstonMartins

I have good chances if The Wiz and friends are not showing up, Allan is blasting his engine to pieces in the last lap (if he can keep it in one piece for THAT long) and the odd amount of luck ;-)

I have good chances if The Wiz and friends are not showing up, Allan is blasting his engine to pieces in the last lap (if he can keep it in one piece for THAT long) and the odd amount of luck ;-)
Well the :alien: may start landing, but you're killing me with the engine thing and Allan:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I just gave him a bollocking Here!!
Oh how I love our band of gypsies and the fun we have poking at each other:)

Oh you guys are racing the GT3 Cup at Nürburgring - I wish I could join but the EU server times prohibit me :-(
Have fun over in the good old country and take good care of The Birdman's tendencies of breaking stuff ;-)

@Bobby Pennington The porsche is a bit faster than the gt2 class. Anyway i have a setup ready for the Ferrari, in case anyone is interested. Because of the rules i can't say the laptime achevied.

Oddly I disagree because I actually find the Corvette capable of being just as fast as the Porsche around Silverstone.
Haven't checked the corvette since it's a gte and theoretically it's in the same class as the porsche. Ferrari and bmw are 1 to 2 seconds slower than the porsche dependeing on the track. You can also check rsr to see it.

Haven't checked the corvette since it's a gte and theoretically it's in the same class as the porsche. Ferrari and bmw are 1 to 2 seconds slower than the porsche dependeing on the track. You can also check rsr to see it.
No need. Obviously Porsche is faster in some tracks by being the most up to date GT2/E car. But I don't watch RSR as a parameter too much as that is a hot lap leaderboard, I usually base myself on race pace than hotlapping. For me it's two different worlds hot lap and race.

No need. Obviously Porsche is faster in some tracks by being the most up to date GT2/E car. But I don't watch RSR as a parameter too much as that is a hot lap leaderboard, I usually base myself on race pace than hotlapping. For me it's two different worlds hot lap and race.
In real life i'd agree with you. On AC the difference between race and hotlap is defined by the tyre and the fuel. Usually during a race i'm around 1 second slower than quali pace. Last time i raced with you was here at silverstone and the porsche was just released. I had a ferrari and in front of me i had a porsche. I was running very low rear wings (just enough for stability) and a porsche in front of me was so fast that even in slipstream i couldn't catch up. Now, my laptime in that race was just below the current WR on RSR. The porsche laptime was 7 tents faster and if you check on RSR, that isn't even close to the current WR of the porsche.
The only way to understand the real pace of a car is to watch the laptime achevied by those who can push the car to its limit. Considering the personal laptime with different cars doesn't help at all. Just consider this:
-the average laptime on the ferrari is 2:04.946
-the average laptime on the porsche is 2:03.768
Such a difference is not just "one car is better at hotlapping".

I agree on the fact that we can't compare times with personal ones. I usually don't do that, I try to compare to someone better than me of course, that's what I do in iRacing all the time when I go to grab a setup and see what the driver does and what I'm doing. But yeah, the Porsche acceleration off the line is much better than the Ferrari that's hard to catch up that's why Bobby is using the ballasts on each car (barred the M3) to BoP the cars.

That's the only reason I'm bringing the M3 today to race, because I have not seen the full potential of the M3 in my hands. Oddly people hate Silverstone today, but it's one of the fewest tracks I can honestly say I know how to constantly push the car. I could've gone with the C7.R but I left my setup for the last GT2/E race in the setup folder for those who want to grab it, even that is more of a baseline setup than else.

Btw, there are problems with the server. Checksum failed with the bmw (yes my game is updated to the latest version).

@Bobby Pennington The porsche is a bit faster than the gt2 class. Anyway i have a setup ready for the Ferrari, in case anyone is interested. Because of the rules i can't say the laptime achevied.

I assume we're using the BOP like at the Le Mans last week.
That helps slow the Porker down.

EDIT: btw. I will not be able to get in for the Practice nor Qualy, but I may be able to join for the Race, so if you think that's appropriate, please sign me in with 458 GT2

Last edited:
:)Thank you Matteo. Absolutely I would love to have it:D:thumbsup: I will be able to see my setup mistakes that prevent me from running the 458:notworthy:
Btw, there are problems with the server. Checksum failed with the bmw (yes my game is updated to the latest version).
Are you still having issues? I've not had any and this is the first anyone has said anything? Just let me know.

Oddly I disagree because I actually find the Corvette capable of being just as fast as the Porsche around Silverstone.
All I'm going to say is I've got nothing to offer here because you two know, by far, much more about this than I. I do like seeing two quick drivers discussing things. I hope to learn and understand something new all the time:thumbsup:

Are you still having issues? I've not had any and this is the first anyone has said anything? Just let me know.
Yes with every car but the Porsche. I'm uploading the setup in the setup section, i'll tag you ASAP. Speaking of balance, my impression is that it's not enough yet. I could be wrong since i haven't tried them much, but with the porsche i achevied a faster time than the BMW. The porsche almost had the default setup, the BMW was heavily tweaked compared to the porsche.
Anyway i have 3 cars with a setup for the race (the only one i haven't tried yet is the corvette) and i don't know which one i should choose for the race. Funny thing, i'm more comfortable with the BMW but i'm also the slowest with it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back