AC GT2/E @ Circuit De La Sarthe - Friday June 16th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well that was cool, can we do that again, the 1hr race with compulsory pit stop was just right. The fact you have more time and can recover positions when you stuff it up is awesome, the added strategy of the stop makes it even more intense, wondering if you've set up a good pit strategy or not, love it........more more more:):):D
Looking forward to the next one hour race, and next week:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: Wiz
Well that was cool, can we do that again, the 1hr race with compulsory pit stop was just right. The fact you have more time and can recover positions when you stuff it up is awesome, the added strategy of the stop makes it even more intense, wondering if you've set up a good pit strategy or not, love it........more more more:):):D
Looking forward to the next one hour race, and next week:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Absolutely we can do it again. I'm thinking of maybe doing it at Spa or the Nords although the Nords may be a little tough for a 1 hour long race:unsure:
Really appreciate your input mate:thumbsup:

Just wanted to thank you all for putting on a good show last night. Proud of the effort and clean racing that was done by all. You make the community a better place:thumbsup:

A couple of technical issues happened. Our races have a 15% damage setting so as not to have something catastrophic happen and you can limp back to the pits. This setting will not change, but we learned something last night. Our normal race is 40min long so you can wring a car out and usually make it, but with the 60min race it can and apparently did bite someone in the Buttocks:p I won't mention any names Birdaman:whistling::whistling:, but SHE I mean he was driving a Beetle:D Apparently if you set your 6th gear too short and are red lining on the straights too much, a 60min race will give you a knackered engine and kill performance. We did a lot of discussion and this is what we "BELIEVE" happened.

We also had a couple of pit stop \ strategy issues we are trying to figure out. All I can say on pitstops is practice practice practice your pit lane entry, hitting your markers and having a strategy in place. Last Saturday in the EU Merc C90 vs Porsche Long Tail I forgot to enter a compound into the strategy and had to make and extra stop for tires. Didn't really hurt my race. I just wanted to finish and I did.

To sum up: Great night, great guys, great racing and you make me want to put on another one of these. Our next one will probably be @spa and then our next one will be probably be @"The Green Hell":);):thumbsup:.......you have been warned now get that concentration level UP. You'll need it.

We did a lot of discussion and this is what we "BELIEVE" happened.
If you have the replay you can watch the replay (make sure the ACTI plugin is running and telemetry is recording).
Telemetry can then be analyzed in MoTeC software - "damage" is recorded along with temps, engine revs and you can really get down to the actual cause very precisely even after the fact.

The wonders of telemetry ;-)

If you have the replay you can watch the replay (make sure the ACTI plugin is running and telemetry is recording).
Telemetry can then be analyzed in MoTeC software - "damage" is recorded along with temps, engine revs and you can really get down to the actual cause very precisely even after the fact.

The wonders of telemetry ;-)
I think we have just found our "Tech Guy" when it comes to anomalies within a race;) Great thinking there Dirk:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%