AC GT2/3 @Spa 2hours - Wed 22nd July

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
My fastest lap in the race on softs(9 lap stint) was faster than my quali time on super softs. :roflmao:

I think that is kinda what Asterix is alluding to with reference to the grip.

I for one didn't mind as it's the same for everybody, but maybe he has a point.

Yes cause you are pushing more in the end. Irl drivers would be more cautios and much tired in the
end of the race it is not the grip. It is not comparable like that.

In MotoGP for example the pole lap and the best race lap are pretty close less than a second or equal most of the times. And I am pretty sure that if are not physicali tired and can push with no risk at all are capable of doing better lap in the race.

Just to comment... In last nights qualifying, I made many mistakes on my lap... there was easily still 0,5 to a whole second to shave off with those supersofts, and without mistakes. For me, with more fuel in car, there was no way I could have driven to equal times with softs in race... :)

@Si regarding fuel/tyre strategy, with the GT3s (at least the MP4) there wasn't much of a choice. Softs were dead after 3 laps (with the first lap bringing the tyre from 91% to 100%). Mediums easily lasted for 14 laps, which was the maximum I could go with full tank.

Just to comment... In last nights qualifying, I made many mistakes on my lap... there was easily still 0,5 to a whole second to shave off with those supersofts, and without mistakes. For me, with more fuel in car, there was no way I could have driven to equal times with softs in race... :)

Ok... so what are you saying exactly? The evidence is there on the results pages if you think I'm lying.

I just meant, that in my case there was no way I could have reached those times I was able to drive in qualy with supersofts. Not meant to offend anybody, so sorry if I did.

I just wanna chime in cause reading this thread makes me feel stupid for not checking the forums yesterday. I'm one of the crazy people that is faster on Softs than on Super Softs here at Spa. It MAY be because I have not yet come to "grips" with how the SS tires work. I find them more slippery. Anyways I'll be keeping an eye out for these races and hopefully make an appearance next time.

Great Job @Si !

Reactions: Si
I just wanna chime in cause reading this thread makes me feel stupid for not checking the forums yesterday. I'm one of the crazy people that is faster on Softs than on Super Softs here at Spa. It MAY be because I have not yet come to "grips" with how the SS tires work. I find them more slippery. Anyways I'll be keeping an eye out for these races and hopefully make an appearance next time.

Great Job @Si !

I think Supersofts don't work in their appropriate temperature window at these high speeds. I've spun quite a few times at the exit of Les Combes due to an overheating rear tire.
I've come across similar problems with GT3 soft tires at Nordschleife. I believe that mediums are faster there as well.

Just a quick one! I am currently editing a highlights video of the race!

I am planning on commentating on this video. Does anybody have any complaints if I use there names in my commentary?

Cheers guys!

oh, on a side note!

im looking to host 2 hours of Nurburgring GP next month! After taking advice from many of you im thinking to reduce fuel and tyre wear to a normal amount to add yet more strategy to the race!

Will you do one stop on hards? or 2 mediums? maybe 3 on softs? or a combination of all three?

Which is quicker......you decide! ;)

EDIT: two hours is the minimum.....would you like 3??? or 2.5? your call guys! your clubs! your event!!

I am currently editing a highlights video of the race! I am planning on commentating on this video.
Can't wait! I'm sad I couln't participate, so that'd be awesome to watch the highlights! With your perfect Queen's English commentary in addition, what more could we possibly want? :)

im looking to host 2 hours of Nurburgring GP next month!
Oh boy, I love the way it's all seem to look for the future! Way to go @Si!

Awesome @Si! Think the reduced fuel would be good because we were all pretty much on the same strategy. Think you could do this before the 18th :) or after the 27th :D

oh, on a side note!

im looking to host 2 hours of Nurburgring GP next month! After taking advice from many of you im thinking to reduce fuel and tyre wear to a normal amount to add yet more strategy to the race!

Will you do one stop on hards? or 2 mediums? maybe 3 on softs? or a combination of all three?

Which is quicker......you decide! ;)

EDIT: two hours is the minimum.....would you like 3??? or 2.5? your call guys! your clubs! your event!!

Definitely up for a 3 hour on more normal rates. :D

I couldn't believe how fast the 2 hours were over last night. So the more the merrier for me. Obviously if most don't have time, that's understandable.

@Si For me a 2.5 H event would make up for some excellent strategy on standard fuel/tyre comsumption values. The car should have to stop each hour and a half, but it makes up for many different strategies because of tyre pace and wear.

Just hope my computer won't let me back next time.

Reactions: Si
Depends on starting time.
Nürburgring GP is already a good choice and hell, i'm for sure up for some endurance racing,
but the longer the race, the earlier it needs to start, else i can't join the party.

Sounds fantastic 3 hours will be great if it is possible to make it a bit earlier will be better cause here 19 GMT is 22 local.

No problem commenting with names for me.

Thank you!

i like it. About my "short" race it's ok my teoric strategy 4 pit whith medium tyre to 34 laps it's allowed for a pleasant and safe driving maybe I was not super fast but the timing would allow a satisfactory result.i Have just taste 100 ' in green hell whith GT3 very beautifull but the grip was 100%. Hard tyre was ok.i waiting for the new combo from RD,,,if i am not in holyday eh eh eh.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 129 13.6%