AC GT2/3 @ Nordschleife - Saturday 23rd of April 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I have to give up, thought it works with my wheel, but it`s not driveable sometime. Looks like I have to use the warranty:( So somebody can take my Huracan GT3

Nice race guys very clean start . Quick question (not having a go at anyone) is the etiquette at nordschleife to let a clearly faster car pass even for position. obvioulsy on "normal" tracks you can block but just wondered if its different here.

Nice race guys very clean start . Quick question (not having a go at anyone) is the etiquette at nordschleife to let a clearly faster car pass even for position. obvioulsy on "normal" tracks you can block but just wondered if its different here.
It depends. I'd say yes in the early stages of the race, but perhaps not in the later parts when the gaps are more established. Also depends on the cars that are involved I guess. But it's not a rule.

Wow, what a race! I was quietly hoping to be lapped so I won't need to drive the full distance (it was veeeery close - seen blue flags on the final straight).

After some reasonable qualifying (personal best at 7:09 - 15th pos) decided to go for hard compound for the race, but since I've never driven it before (let alone on the Ring) and despite my best efforts to go clean - misjudged braking all over the place, kissed a Lambo and went to the grass causing all sorts of issues when cutting the track back, I don't think I've hit anyone then, still very sorry about that! Hope I haven't ruined anyone's race there (and after).

Then I've gained some places due to multiple cars off track, got excited that I could achieve some respectable result, but just kept misjudging corners on the unknown to me compound. Then folks started overtaking me back and got very frustrated at the speed difference to everyone. Then it went terrible - I don't think I got any clean lap during this race. Just kept spinning and losing even more time and nerves :/
If anyone wants some training material on 'how not to drive on Nordshleife' then just use my replay from this race :)

@Waffen That could have been me - sorry! I was battling for a grip that resulted in some unexpected moves. Especially if it was a GT3 Z4 then it must have been me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back