ACC GT World Challenge @ Suzuka 2019 - Sunday 5th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event

Damien van de Velde

AU Racing Club Staff
Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-Suzuka-Circuit-08.jpg

Welcome to the Aussie RD racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow to check your community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us as a Premium Member
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well and become a premium member.

Club Racing Rules: Click Here
TeamSpeak and Club Racing Password: Click Here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
>> Updated Incident Reporting Method <<

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com AU#1
Track: Suzuka
(2019)
Car: All
Weather: Dynamic (+/- 80% dry chance)
Race Start Time: 3pm
Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
DLC: None

Practice:
20:00 AEST (10:00 GMT) - 30 minutes
Qualifying: 20:30 AEST (10:30 GMT) - 20 minutes
Race: 20:50 AEST (10:50 GMT) - 60 minutes (1 mandatory pit stop for Tyres)

Entry List
  1. Tony (ask me anything on Teamspeak)
  2. Pappa_G_27
  3. Steve Le Gallez
  4. Ingemar Petersson
  5. Ernest Raoult
  6. PurgerUK
  7. zAmboni
  8. DmXtReMe
  9. goffred
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot

Last edited by a moderator:
gonna try and be there, have to work in the morning but should have time for the race...depends again if I can wake up in time :p

yea i am in guys, have to say this track is the bane of my exsistence.... i just cant get into the flow of this track. awesome track thou :) also i noticed i posted my initial response in the other thread so can i get mr boss man (tony) to delete it please sorry.

Apologies to Steve at the pit line...brain fart. I might have been at 50 by the line if you weren't there :).

I think Tony had home field advantage on the start, think the green may get delayed by a tad by ping or something. Don't know what happened at the beginning of the esses for me. For some reason I went into 4th, but I had brought my wheel back to at least neutral and downshifted, but it kicked me left for some reason. Not good when the curve goes to the right :/.

Wanted to catch up to Tony in the second half of the race, but I was a little hamstrung cuz I burned through all of my track warnings 20 minutes into the race, but was still happy to do as well as I did.

Note: DO NOT use 3 or 4 brake pads unless you know what you are doing. I did that 2.6hr race at Suzuka last weekend, and I had downloaded a setup for the AM that felt ok in practice and used it in the race. I didn't realize until after the race, the setup changed the brake pads to 4. They were useless after an hour into the race. I downloaded ACCResults and in the log it records the pad and disk wear. Fresh pads and disks are 29 and 32. After an hour (27 laps) the pads and disk were down to 8.5 and 23. I changed pads (to pad 3 cuz I couldn't remember what the default was) With those, I did 1.6 hrs and the pads and discs were at 27.8/31.4.....but they were still overheating cuz the brake ducts weren't open enuff.

Lets just say that race sucked donkey balls. I got knocked around twice and then had major damage cuz of my own ****up. Out of 70 laps I drove I ONLY had 3 laps under 2:05. In contrast, in this race all but 2 of my laps (excluding race start, in and out) were under 2:04. What a difference a week makes :p.

Apologies to Steve at the pit line...brain fart. I might have been at 50 by the line if you weren't there :).

I think Tony had home field advantage on the start, think the green may get delayed by a tad by ping or something. Don't know what happened at the beginning of the esses for me. For some reason I went into 4th, but I had brought my wheel back to at least neutral and downshifted, but it kicked me left for some reason. Not good when the curve goes to the right :/.

Wanted to catch up to Tony in the second half of the race, but I was a little hamstrung cuz I burned through all of my track warnings 20 minutes into the race, but was still happy to do as well as I did.

Note: DO NOT use 3 or 4 brake pads unless you know what you are doing. I did that 2.6hr race at Suzuka last weekend, and I had downloaded a setup for the AM that felt ok in practice and used it in the race. I didn't realize until after the race, the setup changed the brake pads to 4. They were useless after an hour into the race. I downloaded ACCResults and in the log it records the pad and disk wear. Fresh pads and disks are 29 and 32. After an hour (27 laps) the pads and disk were down to 8.5 and 23. I changed pads (to pad 3 cuz I couldn't remember what the default was) With those, I did 1.6 hrs and the pads and discs were at 27.8/31.4.....but they were still overheating cuz the brake ducts weren't open enuff.

Lets just say that race sucked donkey balls. I got knocked around twice and then had major damage cuz of my own ****up. Out of 70 laps I drove I ONLY had 3 laps under 2:05. In contrast, in this race all but 2 of my laps (excluding race start, in and out) were under 2:04. What a difference a week makes :p.
Nice one Fred. The ACC start procedure sucks, but for the first time I got a good start.
I just stick with brake pad 2 all the time. Work well for me and dont deteriorate in a short race. Not sure how they go on a longer stint, but yeh the 4s shouldn't even exist
Was pretty happy I sat there doing 2:02's most the race. Did have to push in my first stint as Steve Kenwood was keeping the gap at 2 seconds. Found my groove in the second stint though.
I should probably attempt to drive a different car in ACC at some point, but that Ferrari drives so easily for me.

It was my fault for not looking at the entire setup. Why the heck should I expect that they changed the brake pads? Now I know :). I had tried a couple of cars at Suzuka and the AM was the easiest to drive for me, but I have to agree with Tony griping on TS during the race. Every fricking lap is different and after a while it seems that turning the wheel is only a suggestion for the car! One thing that helped a lot is that I watched this video from that same 2.6hr race I mentioned and just emulating the shifts and stuff helped shave probably a second a lap off. He shows his setup at the beginning, and it is basically the same as the aggressive default, and that is what I went with for the race, except for upping the front and rear arb a notch.

Thing is that I still don't know what the best lines to take and just hope for the best around Suzuka, guess that is what makes it a great track.

It was my fault for not looking at the entire setup. Why the heck should I expect that they changed the brake pads? Now I know :). I had tried a couple of cars at Suzuka and the AM was the easiest to drive for me, but I have to agree with Tony griping on TS during the race. Every fricking lap is different and after a while it seems that turning the wheel is only a suggestion for the car! One thing that helped a lot is that I watched this video from that same 2.6hr race I mentioned and just emulating the shifts and stuff helped shave probably a second a lap off. He shows his setup at the beginning, and it is basically the same as the aggressive default, and that is what I went with for the race, except for upping the front and rear arb a notch.

Thing is that I still don't know what the best lines to take and just hope for the best around Suzuka, guess that is what makes it a great track.
Funnily I don't get that feeling...feels consistent to me what the car is doing. Sure if i unbalance the car and make a wrong input it will try and fire me out, but most of the setup changes i make are to make this more manageable and stable. Aero balance is key on these cars, so potentially the instability you guys are finding is due to your aero balance being very sensitive with your setup.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 129 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 135 13.8%