ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Zandvoort - Wednesday 15th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
I'm a new member with not a lot of sim racing experience. But Zandvoort is a track I practiced a lot and I really like. I'm still struggling getting consistent sub-1:40 laps, though.

But I know the track and I think I can race without being dangerous while obeying all the blue flags.

If that's ok, please sign me up for my RD Racing Club debut.

I had a mega freeze right now in sp. Regarding the replay, those 3 4 seconds were not recorded. Anyone know what it can depend on ?? Hope it doesn't happen tonight ..

I'm a new member with not a lot of sim racing experience. But Zandvoort is a track I practiced a lot and I really like. I'm still struggling getting consistent sub-1:40 laps, though.

But I know the track and I think I can race without being dangerous while obeying all the blue flags.

If that's ok, please sign me up for my RD Racing Club debut.
Yes of course you are welcome ;)

Gents a serious headsup.
I have 19 signups on my list and 20 on track (thats new, usually there is less). Please ALWAYS sign up for events. Now it didnt matter as the event wasnt full but when it is you will be kicked and warned for joining without signing up. Even if you decide last minute that you want to join, post it.

Great race!:D Was worried about doing a no stop, but got it done without any mistakes really. A question though, since I'm not familiar with changing setups and stuff, how do I avoid getting high tire temps and low pressures? My left rear for example had only 23 psi towards the end and was too hot during the whole race.

Thank you everyone! What a fun and civilizied experience.

I hope I did not cause any issues for the cars lapping me... twice...

My goal was to stay clean and safe for 60 Minutes of racing. And that seems to have worked out okay. Now I need to improve my lap times to actually participate in the racing part and not only in the driving around the track part. ;)

Suzuka seems tempting... :unsure:

Thanks again everyone!

Good night. :sleep:

Gratz on the win @Geof , did everything I could but I was feeling so bad I barely finished the race. Had to run to eat something right after the finish line :D

Great race!:D Was worried about doing a no stop, but got it done without any mistakes really. A question though, since I'm not familiar with changing setups and stuff, how do I avoid getting high tire temps and low pressures? My left rear for example had only 23 psi towards the end and was too hot during the whole race.
60mins race are always no stop unless there is a mandatory stop.
Make sure your pressures are between 27 and 28psi (what you want will depend on the track and the car you're driving) and that your brakes are getting enough air to avoid overheating.

Thanks for the race guys! Great fun. Lost all my progress and went straight back to my starting position (could be worse) after too many laps of just slamming over a kerb to gain some time. Not sure if this is even a thing in ACC, but one of the tires started to lose pressure and everything felt very wobbly, i figure it was a puncture. A pit stop was needed because of this, causing me to loose my great and long battle with @Stanzi :thumbsup:

Thanks for the race @speedyx56, it's the first time since a while that I feel that much confortable with ACC. And it was a pleasure to have you to fight with. Still, I'm a bit disapointed, I tought I had a clean pass on you but looking at the replay, I was wrong. Next time, I'll be cleaner. ;)

@Nomat16 , like @speedyx56 says 27-28 psi dry, 29-30 wet. Pressure is more important than temperature. You can still open the brake duct to generate less core temp. And you can have suden loss of pressure if you take kerb too hard. And the lower the pressure is, the more it's gonna happen.

Thx all!
See you on tack.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%