ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Suzuka - Thursday 7th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Can I just ask a clarification on that as I’m new to the game, my manual pit limited worked (I think) so is it manual everything?
What about Rain Light too?
Just so I can map commands going forward.
Cheers

Second race and a (slightly) cleaner one for me this time round, even though i did get a 'drive through' after cocking it up into 'casio triangle' and made a hash of giving the position over to the guy behind early on, hope i didn't cause any damage, oh and an off at '130R' on the penultimate lap.

Epic race for me. The Porsche in qualifying trim is a bit of a handful and I couldn't find the balance to nail the rear through the first corner and Spoon. 13th place. The race though....completely different. The Porsche transforms on full fuel and I was almost 2s a lap quicker throughout the race that my fastest qualifying lap.

The race was a blend of eating away at those in front, pulling off a few nice passes and then stabilising the pace to keep the position. One tiny off as I locked up coming into the hairpin the only real mistake I made all race long. I did run wide briefly on another lap, but that was when an effing huge spider crawled across the wall in my line of sight - nearly died in real life, never mind binning it in the virtual world (dont think that happens in real racing...at least I hope not!!).

I was catching 4th towards the end, but my front tyres let go with 3 laps to spare, temps dropping off a few degrees and blue creeping into the temp indicator...I backed off to secure the finish. Not sure I would have passed as there was only a 10th in it between us in ultimate pace, but by gosh it was fun to try and get the best finish I have had here a RD!!

In summary, climbing up to 5th from 13th by the end was my reward for consistent lapping.

Roll on tomorrow!

Epic race for me. The Porsche in qualifying trim is a bit of a handful and I couldn't find the balance to nail the rear through the first corner and Spoon. 13th place. The race though....completely different. The Porsche transforms on full fuel and I was almost 2s a lap quicker throughout the race that my fastest qualifying lap.

The race was a blend of eating away at those in front, pulling off a few nice passes and then stabilising the pace to keep the position. One tiny off as I locked up coming into the hairpin the only real mistake I made all race long. I did run wide briefly on another lap, but that was when an effing huge spider crawled across the wall in my line of sight - nearly died in real life, never mind binning it in the virtual world (dont think that happens in real racing...at least I hope not!!).

I was catching 4th towards the end, but my front tyres let go with 3 laps to spare, temps dropping off a few degrees and blue creeping into the temp indicator...I backed off to secure the finish. Not sure I would have passed as there was only a 10th in it between us in ultimate pace, but by gosh it was fun to try and get the best finish I have had here a RD!!

In summary, climbing up to 5th from 13th by the end was my reward for consistent lapping.

Roll on tomorrow!

Same here, 4th place is an amazing achievement for me! I was still making a few tiny mistakes here and there, but in general my pace was very consistent, only problems I had were some backmarkers who wouldn't move under blue flags - I'm thinking of two Bentleys towards the end, which had good pace and were fighting each other, so I'm not sure if they didn't notice or chose to ignore me.

And before pitting I had some sort of a fight with a porsche (the one running into me in the chicane, felt a bit like that Senna/Prost incident to be honest) but Paul explained he just outbraked himself, trouble is he did that almost every lap in multiple corners, which let me pass him earlier. Trouble is that led to him almost running into my back on multiple occasions on the following lap which was very scary. In the end I was so distracted by looking in the mirror I missed a gear and he passed me again.

Thanks to Paul again for taking the time and effort to direct the race :thumbsup:

After no practice at all, my qualifying was rubbish. Also after a whole day of biking, I didn't get the feel of my new T-LCM pedals.... 27th :)
But I had a really good time, and after all pit stops I was in 11th.
Unfortunately a last minute drive-through for track limits broke my concentration...
Still: wonderful initiative :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back