ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Silverstone - Saturday 18th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
That was fantastic! Great battle with Faraday & Massman all race. Thought I might manage to get ahead by pitting a lap later and pushing like hell on my in lap. Didn't work and I came out right behind you guys again!
I managed to pick up a couple of places in the closing laps, consistency is key!

Awesome race and couldn't be more different to the careless public lobby crash fests!

Gentlemen - absolutely (insert swear word here) exceptional fun! Thank you so much for an incredible race, and thank you once again to @Paul Glover for hosting - appreciate it mate.

Had a solid qualification considering the absolute zero practice I'd put in, lined up 8th.

Race start was brilliant, loads of close, clean and fair racing for position with everyone, really felt like a real life race!

Then found myself behind the Brian at the end of lap one, where I proceeded to have a full race long fight for the duration of the 90 minutes! Brian tried the undercut a lap earlier than me, I pushed but messed up my in lap, came back out behind again and continued to race nose to tail for the next 45 minute portion of the race - exceptional racing! Never put a foot wrong, and when we did run in close proximity, the racing was clean and fair... amazing!

Folks, that was some seriously good fun. Loved every second.

Thank you.

MTUXdJF.jpg

(couldn't remove the highlight overlay on this one)
chYzgGK.jpg

l3wyHlE.jpg

nshkrin.jpg

YA5MHI8.jpg

WFdy8Bp.jpg

XdcG3oG.jpg

Gentlemen - absolutely (insert swear word here) exceptional fun! Thank you so much for an incredible race, and thank you once again to @Paul Glover for hosting - appreciate it mate.

Had a solid qualification considering the absolute zero practice I'd put in, lined up 8th.

Race start was brilliant, loads of close, clean and fair racing for position with everyone, really felt like a real life race!

Then found myself behind the Brian at the end of lap one, where I proceeded to have a full race long fight for the duration of the 90 minutes! Brian tried the undercut a lap earlier than me, I pushed but messed up my in lap, came back out behind again and continued to race nose to tail for the next 45 minute portion of the race - exceptional racing! Never put a foot wrong, and when we did run in close proximity, the racing was clean and fair... amazing!

Folks, that was some seriously good fun. Loved every second.

Thank you.
Yes thank you for a fantastic race Paul. I didnt think i could keep you behind all the way too the end, i had a lot off understeer so i was really hard. I dont think I could keep up with you if you get past me.

That was fantastic! Great battle with Faraday & Massman all race. Thought I might manage to get ahead by pitting a lap later and pushing like hell on my in lap. Didn't work and I came out right behind you guys again!
I managed to pick up a couple of places in the closing laps, consistency is key!

Awesome race and couldn't be more different to the careless public lobby crash fests!

That was really fun! You were a PITA for me most of the race, in a good sense! Congrats for that last stint, it made me regret my mistake even more and wonder if I could’ve gotten up there.

I had no expectations for today, I never drove around Silverstone in this game and I didn’t practice, I‘ve been focusing on iRacing all week... I was the only Ferrari and I suspected it wouldn’t be the best choice for the long straights(but it was excellent on the slow sections), so I started P24/25(Just in front of @Paul Glover ), had a clean first lap and stayed focused and consistent, so before the pitstop I was up to P13 or P12...
Too bad I managed to spin between Maggotts and Becketts on the second lap after my pitstop, meaning I drove the las 40’ with some flatspots and I lost a bit of pace. It was a silly mistake, I just saw the guy in front of me coming out of the pit and I wanted to push ant take advantage of my warmer tyres. Not a brilliant idea, I should’ve been more patient. Noted for the next one!
Anyways I am very pleased with P14 in the end, I was really consistent for once.

Also worth mentioning @Sincx and @Miko_Skye , it wasn’t easy keeping you both behind.

I want to thank you all and specially to RD for these races, they’re just brilliant. It really helps me getting through quarantine. It was extra fun with teamspeak also, I didn’t have a microphone before so this was my first time using the app.

Cheers!

Hi !

Thank you Hajsman and Deutch for ruin my race, check replay... I'm superb sad that your not doin racing but ping-pong.

I dont know why after all acidents I was 32 even I was overtake by only 5 or 6 cars...

Congrats to the winner !
I am very sorry for the incident @Iceman_23 :( It ruined my race also and it was just simple misjudging brakes :giggle: Nothing on purpose...

Good race by everyone I had some great fun:D, thank you and of course thank you for organising @Paul Glover

Silverstone has never been a strong track for me, I alway finding me fighting the rear of the car on turn in and this race was no exception so I happy with result I got in the end. Had some good battles with @Fernando Deutsch and @r!ver_cz , thank you for that:). Sorry @r!ver_cz for unexpected braking in Becketts that cause you to go off track, but I lost the car a tiny bit when underpressure from you and I had to tap the brakes to stay in control:(. I think we could have nice round 2 battle.

Do someone have a replay of race? I forgot to save my replay.

What a brilliant race!

Managed to jump from P20 to P12 in qualifying with a 2.00.0, which was a personal best.
After the start I managed to avoid all the troubles and had a pretty lonely first part of the race. The guys in front were just a fraction a lap quicker than me and the guys behind me were battling, so I was in no man's land in P9.

Towards the pitstops, @Dexter in P10 was closing the gap on me. I timed my pitstop to perfection with only 1,5 liters of fuel to spare. :D Came back onto the track in front of him (I assumed he lost some time, because the gap was over 10 seconds). He closed the gap quickly and for the last 16 laps/+30 minutes his radiator filled my rear view mirror. We were that close! He even pushed me to a 2.00.5 in the race. The Porsche and the Bentley are 2 totally different cars, so if I could manage a good exit out of Maggots and Becketts, he would just run out of road to catch me.
Traffic did a great job in moving out of the way. So thumbs up to the back markers!
With 2 laps to go, I created a small gap (of 2 seconds), but went wide in a couple of corner on the last lap and @Dexter sneaked past me in the penultimate corner. Good clean racing, man! I really enjoyed it! :thumbsup:

More races like this please! Thanks to @Paul Glover for hosting! Glad it stayed dry.

Good race by everyone I had some great fun:D, thank you and of course thank you for organising @Paul Glover

Silverstone has never been a strong track for me, I alway finding me fighting the rear of the car on turn in and this race was no exception so I happy with result I got in the end. Had some good battles with @Fernando Deutsch and @r!ver_cz , thank you for that:). Sorry @r!ver_cz for unexpected braking in Becketts that cause you to go off track, but I lost the car a tiny bit when underpressure from you and I had to tap the brakes to stay in control:(. I think we could have nice round 2 battle.

Do someone have a replay of race? I forgot to save my replay.
Very nice battle we had ;) Don’t worry about it, it was my mistake, because I saw you having troubles, but was too hungry to take advantage of it :roflmao:

Gosh what a race that was, been 10 years since I raced Silverstone. 1st time in ACC.
Had a good 40 min practice in the merc before we started qually and to be honest all I learned till then was the track itself haha !
So did my qually and race with default Aggresive setup and found out I was about 2-3 seconds of the pace.
During the race I got somewhat faster as I was optimizing racing lines and learned the pros and cons of the merc and its default setup.
Ended up with a 2.00.4 or sumtin during race.

Had some nice battles here and there, was consistent and got faster during the race. But lots to learn on this track as my fastest lap was still 1.5 second from the top 3 !

@oscarfaraday ye man I was gaining time on you and some others, we all ren a simular pace isch. My pitstop was a mess ( again :D ) lost a few seconds getting to my crew lol, and then I filled up 40 liters to much as well.... So instead of 1.x seconds behind @oscarfaraday I ended up 10+ seconds !
So some fights never got to be, was it due to a spin or in a few cases backmarkers.
Respect the Blue flags, dont just keep racing but make way at a logical point. 1 guy messed up a 3 way battle completly which was a darn shame.

Overal was good fun, ended up 15th or sumtin and I sure need more time behind the wheel as I am still not getting most out of the car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back