ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Nurburgring - Saturday 25th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Had to drop half way through, I got the race time all wrong. People were shouting at me to get in the kitchen and get done.

Bit of a shame, things were going ok, some fair racing going on, props to the people around me.

Both last week's and today's race had some people asking on Teamspeak so if I may give some advice :

Rules of thumb :

90 mins races :
- always faster with 1 full service pitstop. Some cars can do no stoppers (like the Bentley), but it takes so much saving on both fuel and tires that you end up losing out
- for dry weather, fuel will be in the 140-160 litres ballpark, depending on the car and the engine map used (ideally, you're racing in race map and not in qualy map :p )

60 mins races :
- no stoppers are faster (in case there's no mandatory stop)
- fuel in the 100 litres ballpark

On tire pressures : in these 90 mins 3x accelerated time we actually go through enough of a track temperature change that having different pressures at start and at pitstop does help a bit. In this race's case at start it was better to aim for 34°C track temp pressures, while after pitstop it was better to aim for 31°C track temp pressures. In my case it means +0.2psi on each tire at pitstop. Again it's not much, but everything adds up.

Couldn’t get into a rhythm, basic pace was way off, so spent a several laps just keeping out of the way, had awful lag on lap1 and couldn’t really tell who was where. Took a couple of hits from cars blinking in out of existence. mAnd on the last lap had a total blue out on my vr, I think my son sat on the cable!! Will need a lot more skill/practice if I’m going to attempt to race you guys again!!!

Thanks to organisers. Much appreciated.

Both last week's and today's race had some people asking on Teamspeak so if I may give some advice :

Rules of thumb :

90 mins races :
- always faster with 1 full service pitstop. Some cars can do no stoppers (like the Bentley), but it takes so much saving on both fuel and tires that you end up losing out
- for dry weather, fuel will be in the 140-160 litres ballpark, depending on the car and the engine map used (ideally, you're racing in race map and not in qualy map :p )

60 mins races :
- no stoppers are faster (in case there's no mandatory stop)
- fuel in the 100 litres ballpark

On tire pressures : in these 90 mins 3x accelerated time we actually go through enough of a track temperature change that having different pressures at start and at pitstop does help a bit. In this race's case at start it was better to aim for 34°C track temp pressures, while after pitstop it was better to aim for 31°C track temp pressures. In my case it means +0.2psi on each tire at pitstop. Again it's not much, but everything adds up.
Thanks, that helps quite a bit! What’s the difference between race map and quali map? If you mean the slider that goes from 1 to 15, what would you recommend?

Had an exciting race with the big boii Bentley!:p Qualified 14th and climbed up the order step by step. Unfortunately I got a DT in the second stint, which put me out of a great battle.:( This battle for 8th place was fought by four cars at times, really exciting! Finished 13th in the end.

Thanks, that helps quite a bit! What’s the difference between race map and quali map? If you mean the slider that goes from 1 to 15, what would you recommend?
Engine map is referred to as "ECUMap" under the Electronics tab in the setup screen. As a reference guide, you can use this thread https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ecu-maps-implementation.54472/ which while vague, gives some pointers. (I reckon this is intentional because of red tape surrounding how these maps are made but that's another topic)
Generally map 1 should be qualy map and map 2 should be race map, with some variations like different throttle maps. (except for Porsche, because doing the opposite of everyone is their DNA :p )

Last edited:
That was a fun one! I didn’t have a very good pace in qualy so I managed P17....

The race was fun, some good battles and I think I did a good strategy, endend up P8! If you told me before the race that I would end in the top 10 I wouldn’t believe it! Happy with my consistent run, 2nd race in a row that I do well(and even better than the last one!).

@Sincx seems like we keep making races together! I divebombed you coming into the chicane like crazy, I’M SO SORRY, I honestly missed my braking point and did my best to avoid you. Such a rookie mistake

Eventful race for me.

I could not qualify very well. There were two people that disrupt my fast laps who were on their outlap, one was even warming his tyres full width on the back straight when I reach him.
Had a good start and was able to win a couple of places. Then we were settle behind Polanco, who was struggling on his pace. I was catched by both Tassenoy and Jeffrey whom took advantage of this doing some good passes. When trying to recover I hit Jeffrey on T1 and made him spun. I wait for him and from there it was just being recovering places. It was a hard fight with many drivers. I have to apologize to Robert Umans, whom I had a fight on the front straight till T1. I did not realize I closed the space on the apex to soon and I though it was just a door to door contact. Then I did a terrible pitstop. I missed my pitbox marker by like two meters and took forever for the mechanics to put the car on the box. When I was out I was unlucky to encounter the race leaders just on T1. Very sorry about that. I left the line and let like 3 cars to pass so I lost even more places. The second stint was way better and was able to catch many cars until I reach Jeffrey again, with whom I have a hell of a fight. He was taking some lines that were not allowing me to catch him. On the last lap I could place myself side by side but still not enough. Nice gesture from Aenore Cavillon, whom was the leader close to lap us but I believe he did not wanted to disrupt our fight. I believe he was way ahead of second place so he did not place pressure on us.

That was a fun one! I didn’t have a very good pace in qualy so I managed P17....

The race was fun, some good battles and I think I did a good strategy, endend up P8! If you told me before the race that I would end in the top 10 I wouldn’t believe it! Happy with my consistent run, 2nd race in a row that I do well(and even better than the last one!).

@Sincx seems like we keep making races together! I divebombed you coming into the chicane like crazy, I’M SO SORRY, I honestly missed my braking point and did my best to avoid you. Such a rookie mistake

Ye we met again indeed. And about that bomb or mising brake point :p I saw you coming and was not turning in for that chicane as I knew you wouldn't make it lol all good.

Had my first podium in racedepartment server, 2 place. I could keep the Cars behind me, but nr 1 Cavillon i think it was, were too fast for mee. Hees pace were amazing so grats too him. I finish 33 sec after him thats a lot i think. I messed up my pitstop but that would not have change anything. Always fun too race with you guys.

Did anyone record the qualifying results? Would be nice to have benchmark lap times to aim for, not fastest lap but say typical competitive lap for p5-p15 say. So when you practice and play with setups you know what pace will give you an exciting race!

Did anyone record the qualifying results? Would be nice to have benchmark lap times to aim for, not fastest lap but say typical competitive lap for p5-p15 say. So when you practice and play with setups you know what pace will give you an exciting race!
I qualified 14th with a low 1:56 if that helps you.

Yesterday was my first race and although way off the pace certainly enjoyed it, big learning curve as I don't touch the setup other than changing fuel amounts, also learnt that even slight damage can have a huge effect on lap times, was about 4 seconds quicker a lap following my pitstop and repair, shame I didn't do it about 25 laps earlier!!

I signed up but didn’t try to set a lap time yet.
but I don’t count on anything for me.

sad, that they choose hot lap as quali-Mode and not hot stint for at least 30 minutes.
Now all what counts is one perfect lap without any consistency. Normally I’m not the fastest guy in a field but in the end I’m pretty much under Top10.
Let’s see what comes out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back