ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Kyalami - Friday 22nd May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
That was my first nasty race on RD - and what a shame.

Not that I suppose it will make much difference, but if you top guys, spin at the start, you still need to pass us down the middle and back of the grid with some courtesy as you regain track position. You are faster (especially in the wet) - so being aggressive and lunging down the inside or up behind on the straights is just a recipe for disaster. You will tag us and then ruin someone's race.

And that is what happened. You two went off on your merry way, smiling at how wonderful your skills are, whereas I had to pit for 2 minutes to repair the damage I got - end of my race!

Patience and courtesy is all it takes and we all get a fun race!!!

Regardless, I hope everyone else had a good race :)

Last edited:
Well that’s the last I race ACC online for the forseeable future. Only seem to have about 30% chance of completing a session without a network disconnect. Also noticed that in VR I start to get major stuttering about 30-40 minutes into a race even though neither GPU or CPU are maxxed out.

Looks like I had network issues this morning. Bummer as started off quite fun.

Apologies to @Sumpfgottheit in the GTR, we came out of the first corner and it was a green light and you were quite slow, I wasnt expecting it and I tagged you.
Thought you passed me when I pulled to the right but I got down the straight and you were still behind so on the second corner craziness I had pulled over and let you through.
I know you thought I didn't but maybe you didn't realise I was the silver and blue Porsche.
Hope you had a decent race after that, I lost connection anyway...

Last edited:
Well that’s the last I race ACC online for the forseeable future. Only seem to have about 30% chance of completing a session without a network disconnect. Also noticed that in VR I start to get major stuttering about 30-40 minutes into a race even though neither GPU or CPU are maxxed out.
Do you have ir sensors on your hmd? I had stuttering. Fixed it by getting rid of all the ir emitters in the room and putting a fan near the pc to disperse the heat. Turn of your lights and dont let humans or animals or animal human hybrids in the room. Worked for me.

First of Big Sorry to 181 and 08 Drivers K Russ and another Bentley Driver Lap 37 I did come in a bit hot on the left top of the hill but tried to go onto the grass to miss you but obviously the car didn't turn.. A part from that im happy with 8th. Rain went well got yet another sg30 but all in all im please with the result and enjoyed tonight

Last edited:
That was my first wet and night time race so was an experience for me, got upto 18th at one point was pretty happy had some nice close laps with someone can't remember who but was fun and clean :)
8mins from the end I spun it severe damage race over, ah well I'm still amazed how I seen to be getting worse the more I play it
Thanks for organising the event enjoyed it still

Last edited:
Really enjoyed that. Best result so far p19! Caught and passed Heinz with about 10 laps to go and unlapped myself from Jenson in p12 though i expect he let me pass so i didnt take him out!!!! Managed to let the boss man pass without being mentioned on team speak. So all in all very enjoyable. Stupid stop go for speeding must have hit the button twice. Was a bit slow at the start in the wet and held onto them even while they were overheating so id be able to run to the end on one set of drys. And that seemed to work out as the tyres lasted over an hour!!

Really enjoyed that. Best result so far p19! Caught and passed Heinz with about 10 laps to go and unlapped myself from Jenson in p12 though i expect he let me pass so i didnt take him out!!!! Managed to let the boss man pass without being mentioned on team speak. So all in all very enjoyable. Stupid stop go for speeding must have hit the button twice. Was a bit slow at the start in the wet and held onto them even while they were overheating so id be able to run to the end on one set of drys. And that seemed to work out as the tyres lasted over an hour!!
Oh yes and thanks to Paul for organising.

Thanks @Paul Glover for hosting and doing your thing ! Was a intresting race for sure with that rain at start hehe

Qually..P15...ended up p5... 15 min for end of the race my oldest son came next to me ( 5 years old ! ) had some nightmare but he enjoyed watching me racing and was calmed quickly ! :thumbsup:;)

Also I had to pit splash and dash 8 min for the end as I came 10 ltrs of fuel short....shoulda saved more or drove 3 more laps on the wets..dunno :p Got spun out 3 laps for the end by an audi coming back on track last corner and lost my 6 sec gap so had to fight for p5 hard last laps ...difference ..0.042 at the finish.

Eventfull stressfull last 10 min of the race tjesis :O_o::roflmao::D Loved it though !

Thank you Paul Glover for hosting this clubrace.

My first wet race in years. Started from the back, I had a great start, just cruising and was driving on P25 when a Porsche was standing still at the last corner. I couldn't avoid a crash and ran into the red Porsche car the other way around. Than my car was so damaged, I couldn't steer straight, I had to run a full lap back to the pit for a 2 minute repair.

On that pitstop I decided to go on dry tires and that was a great idea. Leaving the pit on dry tires, on a wet track I could stay on the track and was faster while the track got dry.

There was someone complaining on teamspeak about me not responding to blue flags for a whole lap. I did see you in my mirror and if you got closer, I would have let you pass like I did the whole race.*

After a few laps the track go dry and was having a good pace and was having fun with @stribbeck who gave me the idea I was racing him. :) (He was alot faster)

I really love this track, it reminds me of Donington my favorite track.

If you would like to see my last 30 minutes, check it out on my twitch.
Screenshot_2020-05-23 Twitch.jpg

Last edited:
Christ what a first race! If I hadn't of made absolute mess of both pit stops it would have actually went well.

Only got the game this day last week so spent the quali sorting the stuttering graphics out to handle the big grid.. only finished one lap and qualified last... Countdown began and I changed all my pits stops from dry to wet... When the race began there i was, in the rain, upsidedown facing the side of another car. Teleported to the pits as a result. Not sure what happened there.

So I start from the pits and do fairly well in the rain until it starts to dry out a bit and on the inlap for dry tyres i go backwards into the wall not far from the pits... Not a major disaster.
I managed to scramble the menu to get dry tyre fitted and 66 litres of fuel.
Unfortunatley I mess up and click off the pit limiter as i cross the line and get a stop go :( Stone last 36th after that.

Battled away on my big tank of fuel to get up to 21st. I was enjoying the race up until I was forced to pit with two laps to go... I was about 3 to 5 agonising litres short of being able to finish. Emerged with a stop go penalty a fresh set of wet tyres and 60 litres of fuel :cry::confused:.

I was trying to uncheck tyres etc going down the pit lane but it was happening for me.
Disaster! Wets were undrivable and I barely made back to the pits to finish on the exit from the stop go!

Need to work on pit menu skills for future races!

Thanks to paul for organising :thumbsup:

Last edited:
After a few laps the track go dry and was having a good pace and was having fun with @stribbeck who gave me the idea I was racing him. :) (He was alot faster)

I really love this track, it reminds me of Donington my favorite track.

If you would like to see my last 30 minutes, check it out on my twitch.

Enjoy the laps we had battling we seemed pretty even to me as I whenever I managed to get passed a few laps later you were back in front of me, would have been good battle till the end if I never crashed lol.

Looks like I had network issues this morning. Bummer as started off quite fun.

Apologies to @Sumpfgottheit in the GTR, we came out of the first corner and it was a green light and you were quite slow, I wasnt expecting it and I tagged you.
Thought you passed me when I pulled to the right but I got down the straight and you were still behind so on the second corner craziness I had pulled over and let you through.
I know you thought I didn't but maybe you didn't realise I was the silver and blue Porsche.
Hope you had a decent race after that, I lost connection anyway...

The mighty Godzilla accepts your apologies :)

I didnt realize during the race, so thank you. I was a bit overwhelmed by the situation at the start - not gonna lie.
after two laps, I had 40 seconds of damage (severe damage as the simulator says by running out of talent at T3 and a bit less by navigating through the carnage of the first few laps) but I kept going until I could switch to slicks - although my steering was 20 degrees off...
After repairs, tyre changes and a lot of fuel, I had a fun, fair und incredible race - ended 16ish.

wet, dry line, dry, dawn, night - packed in 90 minutes of awesomeness on my favorite track! Just wow!

That was my first wet and night time race so was an experience for me, got upto 18th at one point was pretty happy had some nice close laps with someone can't remember who but was fun and clean :)
8mins from the end I spun it severe damage race over, ah well I'm still amazed how I seen to be getting worse the more I play it
Thanks for organising the event enjoyed it still
Hi Stribbeck - we also had a few laps together for position and indeed it was fair, clean and very respectful! That‘s how clubracing should be. I really enjoyed it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 153 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%