ACC GT World Challenge Europe Endurance @ Spa Francorchamps - Saturday 2nd May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
(server #1)
Boy oh boy what an awesome event!! Thank you so much @Paul Glover to set this up and for having us couch racing-seat potatoes. And thanks everybody for a really enjoyable race. At least around P15 no problems whatsoever.
@manu68: Emmanuel, I can only give back that compliment: That was clean, competitive racing! Anytime mate! I really enjoyed that train of us three in the last laps. I think I've been the slowest of us but I could keep up and it stayed reeeally interesting up to last time bus stop :)

I tinkered a rather safe setup should there be rain (I mean: Spa! right?) that worked quite well up to medium rain (yes I tested ;)) but made me slower in the dry. Don't know if I would go for that again but I felt very safe and comfortable with it and made no big mistake (nor collected DT) - which was a goal of mine for this particular race.
Only - minor - gripe: I don't know how many have participated on server #2 but it was a tad disapointing to see just around 35 starters of which just over 20 finished. Would not have minded to go against 60 or even 70 cars. I like to cuddle you know ;)

I really enjoyed TS too. It's much more ...distinguished(?) like that - if I can make myself clear here.

Overall: Again anytime!! Happy to have joined RD Premium (sorry for sounding like an ad)
Spa2 (3).jpg

Last edited:
I was the green Porsche on server2 (the one which everyone lapped about 5 times).
Didnt qualify as i got really thrown out by the wet and then i just could string a lap together when it dried. Had a couple of incidents during the race. Span on Eua Rouge in an early lap which knocked my confidence on it for the entire race - i just couldnt get the backend to stick, also had an incident with someone rejoining the track which caused damage.

Still enjoyed it and pleased to have completed the full race even though i was totally non-competitive.
Hope i didnt slow people down too much!

Yeah, remember your Porsche. You acted very kind and gave extra room to pass, nicely done Mate.

Started somewhere between 16 n 20, so right in the middle -in the famous carbon area- and was lucky to have no contacts. All of you out there I met and followed throughout our travel has done great and I am very pleased. Tried to keep my distance to some that appeared too "committed" to me. Had no mistakes as I tried to remain below my limits and as I said had great company along the race.
Thank you all for very entertaining n never boring 2.4hrs :thumbsup:

Thanks to all the guys involved in setting up the race and what a race it was.

This was my first race with the RaceDepartment lot (my first race ever online TBH) and what an experience! I knew i wouldn't qualify all that well and I was down at the back of the grid for the beginning of the race and glad of it, the pace!!! Damn!
I felt my set-up was OK for me and I had learnt a lot from earlier practises during the week, so i 'brimmed' her with fuel and changed nothing on the setup and lined up on the grid, I later found out what a massive mistake this was!
I was bricking it to begin with as i didn't want to be 'the one' to cause a pile up, lucky the first lap went by without incident and was up a few places.......then came lap 2 and into 'Les Combes' I had a great line (IMO) just over the kerb on the right set up for the left, however the car in front didn't get such a great one, with me carrying too much speed and weight (in fuel) I ended up punting a blue Ferrari (Car No.30 I think, I apologise if your reading).
I must admit at this point i nearly quit, mainly as I didn't want to cause another incident and knew what i had done with the fuel had completely ruined the set up, this was later confirmed a couple of times at 'Raidillon' when i bottomed out and promptly exited stage right.
So a few laps down and stone cold last i soldiered on having a quiet race and keeping out the way as much as i could, burning the fuel, gaining experience and eventually finishing 26th if i recall, fighting for 25th near the very end with a another blue Ferrari (Car 13).
Happy that I didn't finish last on my first attempt and will be back for more, hello Suzuka.

Regards
(the slow green) Bentley car 9.

Not my best race ever. qualied 3rd which isnt too bad but dropped to 4th on the opening lap. sadly about 20 mins in, a lapped car slowed on the racing line and then when i tried to take the inside line swerved and knocked me into a wall costing me 12 seconds and 14 seconds of damage. got my self back up to p6 and then spun going up eu rouge and just missed the wall dropping me back to p8. managed to get back up to p6 and had a good battle with @Peter Roche Racing who then kindly decided to spin on the final lap while attempting to overtake round the outside because he wanted to get up and close with a curb ;). but was overall quite fun and really enjoyed it.

Yeah, this race was great fun, thanks @Paul Glover for organising :thumbsup:
But I missed driving into sunset, night and sunrise, like in the last "24h" ACC Spa Event I took part :(
The race itself was quite miserable for me, had contact with another car in the beginning which led to a small front damage, then in the second stint had a mistake at Eau Rouge, so I crashed into another car coming out of the pit - sorry again man, but there was nothing I could do in that situation... VERY unlucky though, wish I had so much accuracy in lottery (I mean, come on :roflmao:)
Had a rear damage after that and lost 5-6 seconds per lap, so I had to make my second pitstop earlier..But, the goddamn pitlimiter didn't work :mad::cry: So, I have won an additional 30 seconds Stop & Go for that :rolleyes:
But still, this event was awesome and I will surely take part in the future :cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back