ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Brands Hatch - Wednesday 27th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
I hate to make a small grid even smaller but the Space X launch is happening mid way through the race.
But if they postpone it (quite likely atm due to weather) I would still love to join if possible.

Really enjoyed that race with some good battles in there @HTIDRaver2k8 what happened to you?
@Ricoow thank you for organising the event
Messed with my setup (rookie mistake) adjusted stuff that caused tyre overheating across the fronts.

Brakes overheating and got punctures on my front right and rear right causing me to need a pit stop.

My fuel strategy hadn't been adjusted since I started with a full tank so added 50 liters so was back to full fuel again...

The whole thing for me was just screwed and to cap it all I spun chasing the guys ahead and lost 15 seconds so I sacked it off :(

Messed with my setup (rookie mistake) adjusted stuff that caused tyre overheating across the fronts.

Brakes overheating and got punctures on my front right and rear right causing me to need a pit stop.

My fuel strategy hadn't been adjusted since I started with a full tank so added 50 liters so was back to full fuel again...

The whole thing for me was just screwed and to cap it all I spun chasing the guys ahead and lost 15 seconds so I sacked it off :(

Ah that sucks was really enjoying our race :(

Sounds like you closed the brake ducts, which is the air intake that cools your brakes and tyres.

I used 1 only at the back, because I can't make them green otherwise and because I usually use more front brake bias. I think the front was at 3 or 4. can't remember.
I usually have them at 2 or 3 depending on front brake bias and how heavy the track is on big braking events.

Whilst there aren't really many big braking events at Brands, you're seemingly on them quite regularly meaning they rarely have time to cool.

However, lesson has been learnt.

I'm also not great at that track (Racing driver excuse#1)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back