ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Brands Hatch - Friday 5th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Well it was a fun drive.

I am not a big fan of Brands Hatch, I believe is great for driving but very hard for racing. Is the kind of tracks where you have little to no time to "relax" . The track demands your attention for ~90% of the time.

Anyway, wet qualy was fun. There were very hard conditions at the start in terms of visibility and grip. I was able to fight for the pole for so long until I ran out of gas on the final part, just when rain stopped and track was getting faster and faster. Still good enough for a top 10 start.
Race start was good and clean. Lucky to have careful and patient drivers at front and back. Once the initial pace was set, I was passed by faster drivers and was able to pass slower cars. As my first stint was ending, close to the middle of the race, I was start to reach the cars ahead of me, probably by keeping the tires healthy. I was considering keep the same rubber as they were in good condition. But ambient temp was going down and so the PSI so I decided to switch tires with higher pressure for better performance for the last part of the race. Car felt better right away and was looking good. I reached by fellow Nissan driver which I passed before pitstop but he jump ahead of me later, probably due to a better stop or some different strategy. While fighting each other, he struggle on the exit of Druids so I took the opportunity to pass him. Unfortunately he lost control and spun back to where I was passing hitting my car which went directly to the outside wall ending it. It was an unfortunate accident, no hard feelings, it just **** happens. I was not expecting to have that fun but I really enjoyed the race while it lasted.

Looking for more racing !

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back