AC GT / Touring @ Nordschleife - Wednesday 24th February 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I watched the last bit with my eyes closed :giggle:

I couldn't bear the thought of someone binning the Gazoo Racing LFA

Anytime I see modern racecars pounding round the Nordschleife at pace, I still find myself thinking, 'I can't believe they still race here! How is this allowed?'

Edit: now that I think about it: Kunos has a Toyota License. Gazoo Racing is a works team. To what deity must I pray to for this LFA to make it into the roster for Assetto Corsa?!

Last edited:
They introduce speed limits in certain areas of the track. That's why they race there.

I think the most nonsense (aside from Isle of Man) is Le Mans. 330Kph prototypes with 275kph GTs, 300kph LMP2s all in a 5 meters radius from a block of houses...

I love it anyway. Can't wait for the LMP1s to arrive

That's not a bad idea @SK . I may be shifting my format for my Tuesday race and try it out as a guinea pig.

I like to sign up.

However before making my car choice I'd like to know the sense in mixing the GT2's with the 235i. Can the 235i compete with the GT2's?

The M235i Racing cannot compete head on with a GT2 class car barring a massive gap in driver skill.

It is multiclass racing much the same way in an endurance race there are several classes all competing against their peers. The purpose of this, in our instance, is to open the race to a greater amount of racers out there. If, for example, only 12 racers wish to run a GT2 class car and 12 wish to run a touring car, tadaa: we have a full grid. This is especially feasible in a large track like the Nordschleife.

Holy potatoes!

We're 2/3 of the way there RD! We're on pace for a full grid in mid week!

This is shaping up to be quite a fun race. We've got a good split in the classes too. Sign up soon. You don't want to lose your spot!

Holy potatoes!

We're 2/3 of the way there RD! We're on pace for a full grid in mid week!

This is shaping up to be quite a fun race. We've got a good split in the classes too. Sign up soon. You don't want to lose your spot!
66796734.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years