RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wow, what a loooong race!!!

Reasonable qual session which put me in 5th place.
My start was less than average & I lost 2 places quickly. Got into a rhythm & was trying to maintain my gap to the leaders with my 2-stop strategy. All was going well & 3 laps before my scheduled stop the clouds became dark & I could see a wet trail behind me on the track. It looked as though the rain was going to come & I gambled on a set of wet tyres for stint 2. Wrong choice as the track never really became wet enough & I spent the middle session with tyres between 115 & 150 degrees. Lasp times weren't too bad though. I decided to pit early to get back on slicks & focus on the final stint. I had a couple of self inflicted errors & lost too much time with these. Then in the final session I had Remco closing in behind me as we caught up with some GT Sport cars so I was looking to get past efficiently but without taking them out as you never know exactly when they expect you to come through... always a gamble. Anyway trying to get past Hugo It took an extra corner & he picked up his final Blue flag (sorry about that Hugo, was just wanting to pass cleanly). Perhaps the Flags should be turned off for multi-class events.
Remco eventually got passed as my tyres were pretty much at 0 in the XD read out and at that point my race became a case of survival to the finish.

Came home 6th & was happy enough with that.

What a race!!!!!

Remco I cant wait for the next event. Sheer joy racing with you all guys.

When this thread opened GT Pro got filled in less than 5 hours. My prefered type of cars were filled and settled for GT Sport. I sometimes feel like I have a home here at RD by the amount of time I am logged in lol. Not sure where I was in those 5 hours. Luckily last minute dropouts saw me grab a seat in GT Pro. I had been practicing for the event in the GT Sport but also the GT Pro cars just in case ;).

Last year same time if you had told me the Vette was the car to be in I would have shrugged you of. This year though I have come to love this car. Aston Martin was my buddy last year but after a few engine blowouts I switched to the Vette. Good choice.

Practice

I had a race setup to be consistantly in the 23s/high 24s with 160l of fuel. Once the Vette was tamed down on turn exit I focused my attention to the superpole setup.

Qualy

I had no answer for the top 3 well done Joao, Yves, Dan. Qualied 4th

Race

Started on the left side(dirtier side in RL races), behind Yves who was 2nd. My comrades Joao and Dan got a slow start which made me take 2nd by turn 1 with Yves leading the pack. In those first few laps Yves was uncatchable while also I had a Viper in the hands of James (Great start from 6th to 3rd James) breathing down my neck. Still early days so with Yves starting to romp away I started to race my pace as opposed to catching Yves, would have killed my tyres fast.

7th lap watching Yves ahead and keeping an eye in my rear view mirror I saw black smoke roaring from the back of Yves's car. Sorry Yves. That gave me the lead. Joao earlier on locked his brakes leading to the uphill towards to the start finish line was 7th but slowly he started gaining positions and before I know it he was 2nd. We all know he is king of Endurance series :)

My rear tyres were working well problem was the fronts. Especially the front right. I started the race with 160L hoping to do a 1 stopper if it presented itself. Sadly the weather in Canada decided otherwise. 1 stopper was impossible as my fronts had passed the 50% mark. I had to switch my brains to maths again. It went something like this...

66/3 = 22 laps per stint, started with 160L
5*22= 110L per stint
Fuel left in the tank before 1st stop 63L
Adjust pit menu preset with fuel of 60L instead the 160L

Its not easy dividing, multiplying adjusting while racing at these speeds.

Made my pitstop at lap 22, Joao who was not far behind took the lead. I knew I would re take that position having pitted first but also I was only gonna take 60L instead of 110L saving me a few seconds. Pit went well but then......

Its a long pit here and just after the pit buildings there is a white line but further ahead is where the lights are for exit. During all the practice session I paid attention but in the adrenaline during the race is different. When I passed the white line I was like "hold on why aint you swtiching your pit limiter off". I pressed the button and started revving, just when I did that I remembered. Too late I was gonna get a stop n go anyway. So I put the car on speed limiter again and trotted to that exit. Got the warning to take my stop n go. I was fuming with that silly mistake.

On my outlap I saw Joao n Dan calling for a pitstop. If I pit at that lap for the penalty it would defeat me catching Joao and Dan. So I went for a qualy lap while they were pitting. Lighted the boards with PB from the sectors. Pitted for the penalty while Joao passed me. I was exiting the pits when Dan was making the first turn. I had taken 2nd but was eager on the 2nd turn and lost the car hitting the wall slightly. That mistake made me 5th. A lap later I was 2nd after mistakes from the cars ahead. Joao had a massive 14s advantage. I had to start pushing the car to its limit. I was risking alot especially with the tyres. But my thinking then was "let me catch Joao then just stay behind him". I eventually did but with a cost to the tyres and a bit of the engine.

This was a race to the end. Joao's pace was similar to mine I was catching him on the twisty bits while he has top speed on the straights. It was sort of like ding dong lol. A slight mistake at turn 2 by Joao saw me taking the lead, or it was a cunning plan to get me ahead of him so he can freighten me LOL. It sorta worked. I've come along way with this fear of leading the race. I managed to keep Joao behind me.

2nd Pistop was calling and I took it first. Actually I had to since my tyres were already at 40% front right. I adjust my pit menu setup to increase it to 116L. Enough to go to the end with just 1 lap worth of fuel left from my calculation. This strategy would come to haunt me later during the race though. Joao pitted 2 laps later I think. I re took 1st position and stayed there throughout that stint. However Joao had another plan up his sleeve. He was ganing on me. My eyes are looking left till now at the time spilts at the start finish line. One lap gap will be 4.8xx next lap its gone down to 4.3xx another lap back to 4.9xx. I was praying for Joao to be like "Hey lets call it a day and settle for 2nd". This was no longer an Endurance race.

2 Hours 30 Minutes of racing and still within 5 seconds between us. Crazy stuff. He wasnt gonna give the top step away. I made a mistake somewhere after lap 60 which made him even closer at only 1.5seconds behind me. That went down further to just 0.5xx seconds on the penultimate lap. Another lap he would have had me. My arms were screaming to let go of the wheel.

For 2 Hours 42 Minutes of racing 2nd place man Joao finished 0.104 seconds behind. Its a first at RD in an Endurance event.

Well done podium. Well done to Andreas for taking the GT Sport win category. Well done all. Great event.

Remco this is great. Track was brilliant and thank you very much for all the hard work put into this. RD I love you. :)

Attachments

• capture_2010-06-26_22-38-35.jpg
    capture_2010-06-26_22-38-35.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 222
  • capture_2010-06-27_02-08-33.jpg
    capture_2010-06-27_02-08-33.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 191
First race got a pretty even pace the first 10 laps then started to understeer alot, times got over 10s slower pretty satisfyed with first time in car and not beeing used to drive RWD.
Second race got off to a very good start behind Sam, after second corner started to drift out and hit the tires. GAME OVER for me
A really nice car to drive!

Thanks for the race, good morning a new day is breaking and good night going to sleep now........

Man what a race.

Race 1. This race was just a warmup race cause at the start tyler get a bad start and I hit him accidently sorry man then I cut into stefan on turn 2 and he took me out and I lost my rear wing and that's my bad on my part. So race one was just a warmup race to get to know the track a lot better.

Race 2. I started off in first but did not hold on to that lead very long cause stefan was right there the whole time. So I let him by then it was a battle between second and third throughout the whole race with tyler and rafael. And man I helf them off 3/4 of the race but the tires started to wear and could not do anything about that. On lap thirteen I made a mistake and had to let tyler and rafael go by but I did manage to stay with those two until lap 15 where my tires wore down bad and I went into the grass. So I settled for 4th which is awesome. But stefan almost lost the race due to a turn one incident with the wall but he managed to come away clean.

Great race guys and can't wait to see you on the ring monday and possibly tomorrow to.

Hero to Zero

Just a quick report.Stefan and i resumed our tussle for quickest time in practise and qualifying from where we left off last week.This time Stefan edges me out of the top spot...the two of us in the 1.18's,with everyone else close behind in the 19,s.This is the great thing about these cars,once you get a handle on them, it makes for close racing.Race 1 and i get a great start from grid 2,looks like Stefan jumps the lights and stops as they go green holding up the guys behind for a fraction till they all get going again.Out front i am slowly increasing my lead till i can hold it at about 10 seconds.From there i am pretty much on my own till race finish.Race2.I start off 7 and make an average start staying with the pack through the first few turns,then on the sweeping downhill lefthander i touch the outside kerb with a cold right rear and round i go,just brushing the armco on the inside.No damage done i rejoin ,but as everyone is setting similar race pace i stay about 10sec down on the pack for the rest of the race.As i keep glancing at the time difference it seems Sam,Tyler and Rafael are having a ding dong battle,but i don't make any inroads to this fight.So from race 1 winner to last on the road race 2.A great event ,mosport really suits the supercup car ,especially dancing it through the final esses.Thanks to Stefan for another great event and a good win in race 2

Started on the left side(dirtier side in RL races), behind Yves who was 2nd. My comrades Joao and Dan got a slow start which made me take 2nd by turn 1 with Yves leading the pack. In those first few laps Yves was uncatchable while also I had a Viper in the hands of James (Great start from 6th to 3rd James) breathing down my neck. Still early days so with Yves starting to romp away I started to race my pace as opposed to catching Yves, would have killed my tyres fast.

Well, the start itself was good (good reaction time), but Michal was right behind me, and had as good start as me, so I decided to lock the inside line so he couldn't pass, then had a clean way in front of me, so I could came 3rd after T1

But having 50 more bhp than other GTPs also helped a bit IMO... :)

Anyway, after 12-13 laps my tyres were under the 50% mark, so I couldn't match with you guys. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%