RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Entry list:
  1. Yves Larose -SKIN-
  2. Aleksey Bogatyrev
  3. Eric Nelson
  4. Stefan Werner
  5. Bob Luneski
  6. Jarrod Keen
  7. Patrick Byloos
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Eric Estes (maybe)
  25. Timothy Miller (maybe)

Yes I'm in for sure but deciding on what car to use.

Ok Tobias, after checking out the video's and having raced on Road One numerous times & throughly enjoyed it I'm going to vote for Paul Rickard HTTT as I've never driven it before but did watch the FIAGT 3 race last year where half the field got wiped out due to a shower.

P.s. Tobias, looking at the video, where did the Porsche & F430 come from and are they equal with the GT Sport cars?
Also, reading an old thread when you were fishing for feedback about starting this series, you mentioned using the FIA 2008 Mod GT2 class, now its been updated wouldn't it be nice to use this along side the Evo GT Sport class sometime?

Class: Formula Master
Track: Mantorp
Weather: Dry

Sprint Race
Servername: RaceDepartment.com #6
Start: 20:00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: Superpole (10 mins)
Warmup: 5 mins
Sprint Race: 15 mins (no pitstop)

Feature Race
Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT FMAST FR
Practice: 5 Mins (so everybody can join the server)
Qualification: 5 mins
Warmup: 5 mins
Feature Race: 30 mins (mandatory pitstop)

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

Signup List

1. Martin Bulgin
  2. Mark Guy
  3. Jari Aikio
  4. Kimmo Kokkonen
  5. Graham Healey
  6. Bjorn De Haas (Maybe)
  7. Bernt Jensen
  8. Lee Downham (maybe)
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Another 150 minutes event at a fun track where we kept full throttle 90% of the time and did an average speed of above 200 km/h/lap.

Qulaification (8th)
Hahaha… that should be what I had to say about my qualifying lap :wink: Had 3 exits in one lap and did a time 2 seconds up of my own race pace :biggrin:

Race (2nd)
Well who ever said grid position wasn’t important in a mid distance event was surely joking :tongue:
From the beginning I had a good knowledge of who likely my direct race adversaries were. So I had mixed feelings while climbing through the field and seeing Andreas right in front but Matt Hunt almost 20 seconds up the road.
In practice I had prayed to the “gods of virtual racing” for a decent race engine deal… next time I won’t ask anything I bet I will be better :redface:
My engine health started a little below 50% :frown:
On this track, if pushing the C8 (even with a longer than needed 6th gear) in a near regular sprint racing pace, I would lose about 1 to 2% engine health per lap. Since Engine durability really diminishes when below 10-20% I quickly knew I had to exercises good rpm control if I was to finish the race.
So my first 2 stints were done with shortshifting trying not to lose much distance to the front. Only in the 3rd stint I really used the full power of the C8 as I could afford the near 2% engine health lose per lap late in the race (but by then it was too late...).
Suficient talk about the “engine” (btw there is NO XD “engine bug”, it is like that… some times you have a good engine, others you don’t); the race…

The first stint was fun but hard as I had to overtake people with a slower race pace (at the time) without going above X rpm in a track with only 2 real overtaking points. The first pit stop came when I was on top of Bob HutchinsMosler and we both went in at same time. I enter the pits behind him but came out in front but we both were unlucky with the exit of the pits as we lost about 4 valuable seconds waiting for 3 cars to go by the dangerous pit exit.
At the start of the 2nd stint I noticed that my main race adversair elect had gained 10 seconds over me with the all 1st pitstop affair and worst of all was gaining a little here a little there. As I knew likely he would gain more time in the last pit-stop I started to see my victory chances going backwords. These mid stint wasn’t all about losing time, distance over 4th placed increased and time was gained to 1st placed at the time M. Hunt.
By the 3rd stint my “fears” were confirmed as Andreas exited the pits in front of M. Hunt and he gained another valuable few seconds with the last pit-stop. Above all Matt was also in the middle… but now I could use the full range of the rpm. :cool:
Matt’s overtake wasn’t that hard (he had a ½ spin exiting the 2nd slowest corner of the track) and after it he no longer had the engine to really pressure me from then on. As for Andreas… early in the stint I was gaining a little but lost all my 3rd stint early gains with a small but time costly mistake at the slowest corner of the track (went straight). Later I was a distant bystander of “the” unlucky race accident when Andreas failing the braking, “punted” Jeffries and he crossed into the other side of the track going head-on into an unlucky Tobias (C6). For a split second my “darker self” sow in that an opportunity of gaining valuable time to Andreas, but… he went on without much trouble amidst a fuming C6 and an aerodynamically “improved” M3. After that, until the end of the race it was low/mid 56s, opposed to low 57 from the front runner… to little too late.:redface:

Finished 2nd, I would be lying if I told you I had come here to be 2nd :redface:, had the small consolation of doing the fastest laps (lap 75/76) but above all, my Nvidia driver experiment was a 100% successes (a driver with almost 2 years old)… max detail , no freezes or any of the kind and a much better result than the last DNF at Algarve.:cool:

Congratulations to Andreas for his fine win, grats to Matt for the good run and obviously to everyone who finishes these events as clearly they aren’t equal to the usaual 20 to 50 minutes dashes.:wink: Much thanks to everyone who once more was able to fully commit to the event and above all to Tobias for "organizing" and server (practice & race).

Btw Tobias, although in these events we have had a little more than a dozen participants, not only our DNFl ratio is lower (those who start are almost those who finish) but also at the time those other events were done, there was about only 1 popular RD championships gong at same time. Not like It happens now where at least 4 popular RD championships "dispute" people availability every weekend :wink:

Cheers & I hope I can make it to the next one :smile:

Small car/ GTS class considerations

Contrary to the popular believe the cars in the class aren’t that “equal”…. The M3, C6 and C8 as known are in a class of their own inside the class itself. These 3 cars, depending on the track have "the" race advantage all for themselves.

I did a full championship a year or more ago with the M3, so I know it well… in races below 120 minutes it is "clear cut" race favoritism to it and the C8 (“using” the full rpm range). Above 120 minutes it should be different… we have been doing 150 minutes races, and I think the M3 is "stretching" it, although we are yet shy of the 200 and 250 minutes races of the past. On those I’m safe to say it is C6 all the way… but yet, after watching the replay I’m very impressed with the M3 capability to sustain aerodynamic damage (other kind of damage that adds to engine damage) without losing much performance with it. A C6 or a engine “saving” C8 (low rpm) with a 1 or 2 fence touches is losing 1 or more km/h top speed… the M3 with its peaky "small" engine (less fuel consume btw) keeps that top speed (more rpm) and above all the handling that makes him “the” popular car of the class (kind of like the DB9R of the GTP).

I won’t use the C6 here in these events (unless the events really start to climb in duration:tongue:), I like the C6R (GTP) not the “puny” C6 :redface: but I will be changing ”ride” for the next one (Canada?)… I’ve “seen” sufficiently C8 for now, yes surely it can be a winner but I need to try out one of those class underdogs… :tongue:

...Joao, sorry about my pit exit. I only counted three cars on the map (you were the fourth), so it caught me a bit by surprise when I saw you coming after I exited. I tried to keep to the outside of the racing line to allow you to pass. Glad you made it through unharmed and hope I didn't cause you to much of an inconvenience...

With your help we went the 2 by there very well...:wink: In a way it is very impressive from the guy going out of the pits view (slower), but from the pov of who comes fast, it is just a split second; in that occasion it was all well coordinated as I think I didn't lose anything with it as you gave me the apex.

On my frist stop I had to wait for an opening near the pit exit too... when one slows down, the mini-map zooms in so the "view" is shorter, so I too had to go through a tight one with a M3 (Wuyts) going by at the moment when I was about to exit into the track (I had to look back to see him arriving).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%