GT Sport GT Sport: will we still have to "buy" cars to drive them?

Even though the GT series is one of the best looking racing games out there, I never bothered to buy GT5 or GT6 because I've always hated the way the game works i.e. I hate having to earn credits in order to drive the cars I really want. When I get a game, I want to be able to drive every car on every track whenever I feel like it. (My other problems with GT were the lack of car damage and the lack of cockpit view for most car models.) That's why I will buy PC2: the instant access to every mode, every car, every track, right away.

GT Sport looks very promising but I won't buy it if the old system of buying cars is still in place. I can't find, strangely, any info on this. Can anybody here provide me with the answer? Thanks.

Last edited:
Buying the cars that you want has always been the case since GT1

I know, which is the reason why I didn't bother with GT5 and 6...

It's a shame, in a way, because I'd like to get the game, but the idea that you have to play countless hours in order to get all the cars that you want is silly. When I buy a game, I want every car and every track available at once, like Project Cars.

not sutmre about official fia races, but for the mp racing you get a list of cars to chose from, of course you cant pick livery but you can drive cars without buying them

same goes for picking a brand and become factory driver for them, you get few of their cars to drive , one for each class, and these you can pick livery for

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back