GT Sport GT Sport Updated and New Cars Added

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport 1.15 Update 1.jpg GT Sport 1.15 Update 2.jpg GT Sport 1.15 Update 3.jpg GT Sport 1.15 Update 4.jpg GT Sport 1.15 Update 5.jpg GT Sport 1.15 Update 6.jpg
Sony PlayStation 4 exclusive racing game Gran Turismo Sport has received the update treatment today, adding plenty of interesting new content...

Yes you heard it right, a new (REAL WORLD!) circuit has been added to GT Sport! Yup, not a variation to one of the existing fantasy circuits, but an actual real life Japanese race track! Not only that, but something of a previous Gran Turismo favourite too, helping to flesh out a despirately underwhelming track roster in the latest game of the long running PlayStation racing franchise - patch 1.15 welcomes the lovely little Tsukuba Circuit to GT Sport, alongside a tasty selection of 13 new road and race cars.

So what are the highlights aside from the new track? Well 1.15 does a very nice job indeed of fleshing out the Japanese Super GT grid with the inclusion of awesome cars from Nissan, Lexus and Honda, plus a nice nod to the historic with the addition of a stunning MK1 GT 40.. so plenty for games to get their teeth into once downloading of the sizeable 4gb + patch has completed.

As well as content, patch 1.15 adds a number of new events to participate in as well as a new VR time trail mode.

Patch 1.15 Update Notes:

New Vehicles:
  • Aston Martin DB 11
  • BMW M3 Sport Evolution
  • Eckerts Rod & Custom Mach Forty
  • Ford GT 40 Mark I
  • Gran Turismo Red Bull X 2014 Junior
  • Gran Turismo Red Bull X 2014 Standard
  • Honda RAYBRIG CONCEPT-GT (GT500)
  • Lexus au TOM’S RC F (GT500)
  • Lexus RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing)
  • Mazda RX-7 GT - X (FC)
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo
  • Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R (GT500)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R 33)
New GT League Events:
  • Nissan GT-R Cup
  • Red Bull X Junior Series
  • All Japan GT Car Championships
New Course:
  • Tsukuba Circuit
Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy with the current state of GT Sport? Like the new update? What would you like to see added or addressed with the game next? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Such a sin GT never got a proper PC release. Oh, well, at least we can play the highest points in the series with good graphics in PCSX2.

Sony should take the risk and release GT for PC, though. It's hardly the system mover it used to be.

Such a sin GT never got a proper PC release. Oh, well, at least we can play the highest points in the series with good graphics in PCSX2.

Sony should take the risk and release GT for PC, though. It's hardly the system mover it used to be.

Do forget GT sport will be ultra optimised for the PS4 hardware. When you consider what it's doing graphically on such comparitivly old hardware, it's very impressive.

That said I'm expecting everyone to steal the daily race and competitive ghosting concepts as that for me was the real step change they introduced in this game :)

It is nice to see them playing to the brand though, I'm quite excited about the idea of GT sport putting heavy focus into super GT

Still Poor game! So many tracks and so many cars! Why they don't put them in? Why they focus only on the landscapes and the photos?

They're adding content at a reasonable pace, I'd say.

Why they focus only on the landscapes and the photos?
People who love their cars love taking photos of them, real or virtual. We have
Screenshot Sunday here that proves it. I didn't think I'd like the scapes or photo mode feature, but it is quite addicting.

They're adding content at a reasonable pace, I'd say.

People who love their cars love taking photos of them, real or virtual. We have
Screenshot Sunday here that proves it. I didn't think I'd like the scapes or photo mode feature, but it is quite addicting.

I have to say that I agree with you but this is Gran Turismo! I grew up with this game from the first to the last, but for example: Project Cars 2. It is a racing simulator with very good photo mode. Gran turismo became a racing game, not a simulator. Poor career mode, and poor car collection. I will wait for more content from them!

I have to say that I agree with you but this is Gran Turismo! I grew up with this game from the first to the last, but for example: Project Cars 2. It is a racing simulator with very good photo mode. Gran turismo became a racing game, not a simulator. Poor career mode, and poor car collection. I will wait for more content from them!

Definitely fair. I'm hoping that content comes out at a steady pace for years to come!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back