GT Sport GT Sport | Update 1.52 Out Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Polyphony Digital have released their latest new build update for GT Sport.

Not the most considerable of updates in terms of size and content, build 1.52 arrived for GT Sport of Tuesday 10th December - and with it comes a number of fixes to the title - including a fix for the frustrating 'garage full' bug that has reportedly impacting new players to the game when updating from an older build of the title.

Not containing any content releases as part of the new build (that one came back on December 1st), v1.52 should be seen as more of a minor hotfix release than full blown new build.

Build 1.52 Update Notes:

Fixed an issue wherein cars were unable to be purchased and the game could not be progressed when a user upgraded ‘Gran Turismo Sport’ first to Update 1.18 (from a PlayStation®Hits or any other 1.00 version), then to Update 1.50.

Please note that while this update will make it possible to play the game with Save Data files rendered unplayable by Update 1.50, the garage will contain only the Gift Car that would be awarded on creation of a new game.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused

GT Sport is available exclusively on Sony PlayStation 4.

Start a thread, ask a question or share an opinion at the GT Sport sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

GT Sport 1.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be getting a ps4 just for this game. Think we're getting too lost in physics thing... That some people are beginning to believe sim racing is the same as real life. Haven't tried Gt sport but it seems it has something worth a look and is being continously updated.

How can you say anything then, if you haven't tried it? The tires and physics are a joke! In order to have somewhat good handling you NEED to run on SS (whatever that means) tires and a heavily tuned car. Good luck with that. The game is an alien paradise, where gamers using controllers are having most of the fun. This was supposed to be geared towards automotive racing and "appreciation", but it slowly became "GT 7" over time. Instead of focusing on real race cars, real tracks, "real" physics, real tires! What the hell is Group X??? Why do I need to tune a race bred car for handling? In order for it to even drive in a straight line! Save your money, if you're buying a PS4 only for that. GT Sport IS a great looking game! With the best online lobby race selection out there, if you don't kicked because you didn't see eye to eye how the host handled the lobby, without being able to report him for un-sportsman behavior, if found he did so! The games wheel support is geared toward their own licensed T-GT Racing Wheel. Mapping buttons on other wheels would be a nightmare, rotary dial support, NONE! Real clutch support, NONE, yes and then, REMOVED! This in order to keep it fair for controller users. (are you kidding me?) Cause pressing a button to shift up is slower than pressing the clutch with your feet and taking your arm from the wheel to shift into the next gear! Fun game but the physics is not just a thing! It's the main issue!

I'll be getting a ps4 just for this game. Think we're getting too lost in physics thing... That some people are beginning to believe sim racing is the same as real life. Haven't tried Gt sport but it seems it has something worth a look and is being continously updated.

I'd recommend trying it, first, if you plan to play with the wheel, before making that investment.

FFB is almost non-existent and the non-linear pedal is pretty much a deal-breaker for me. It simply is not fun to drive the vast majority of the cars. Anything that requires careful throttle application is a chore in this game. It's been like this since release, there are no options to adjust, and the devs refuse to address it. It's a fundamental thing in a driving game which simply ruins the entire experience imho.

It's a shame because it's pretty and the exclusive content is cool, but it's no fun to actually play.

I love racing games and all titles have negatives and positives.... Name one that doesn't.. . I enjoy iracing for the online, Ac/ACC FFB and mods... And go through phases of playing different titles depending on the mood.... As you said.. "it's a fun game" nothing wrong with that from time to time.

Think we're getting too lost in physics thing... That some people are beginning to believe sim racing is the same as real life.
Well the Editor-in-Chief Paul Jeffrey, said it himself, None of these racing sims feel like the real thing, that should be sticky throughout every single news on Race Department.

Maybe just maybe some readers of this site will awake from their deep slumber.

Did they ever do anything to improve further the VR experience, it used to be limited to only 1x AI car that was slow?
Can a person do TT on any track with VR and is it worth owning?

No, VR mode is exactly the same and hasn't been expanded. Time Trial, yes, you can do that in VR with any car and any track.

I think it's worth owning just for the iRacing-style matchmaking system and the FIA races and the huge player base. But as others have said, the driving sensation is pretty dull and simplistic. It's a great platform for online racing. It's not a great platform for driving simulation.

I play lots of ACC, RBR, DR2.0, rF2 but I play GTS every Wed. and Sat. for the FIA races.

i got a ps4 in the summer when there were are sale for 200€ only to play this game. dont regret it, been playing gt sport every day since june.

the game itself is great, the driving is fun (im not a pro so i cant give an expert analyse). the selection of cars and tracks is excellent. the best thing about the game is the support by polyphony who give us updates every month with FREE content.

My biggest vice about any Sony stuff is the pay to play online. I utterly loath it. I very rarely play console games, those that I do or more often than not single player like Sniper Elite or Witcher, stuff like that. So I have no need to pay for online play. Only the odd driving game. And obviously this therefore restricts my choices at times as stuff lieki CoC is pretty much designed for PVP, so I will not buy them as I know content for me will be restricted.

I have mates and family that play GT Sport and would love to do it, but to HAVE to pay to be allowed to play online is beyond me, I simply don't know why so many people do it, it is beyond the joke, and is basically a tax! Especially when I play anything free online on PC.

I did it for a while when i got my PS4 as I got a few months free, and the lobbies were great fun, but the online racing was awful, the penalty system sucks and always has done, and has never and never will be fixed like Iracing has been.

So, yes it looks pretty, is kind of OK, but the entire genre is getting tired, if you are an alien and like playing within very tight rules you might enjoy online, but getting there will be maddeningly frustrating, and I doubt you will enjoy it much,

My biggest vice about any Sony stuff is the pay to play online. I utterly loath it. I very rarely play console games, those that I do or more often than not single player like Sniper Elite or Witcher, stuff like that. So I have no need to pay for online play. Only the odd driving game. And obviously this therefore restricts my choices at times as stuff lieki CoC is pretty much designed for PVP, so I will not buy them as I know content for me will be restricted.

I have mates and family that play GT Sport and would love to do it, but to HAVE to pay to be allowed to play online is beyond me, I simply don't know why so many people do it, it is beyond the joke, and is basically a tax! Especially when I play anything free online on PC.

I did it for a while when i got my PS4 as I got a few months free, and the lobbies were great fun, but the online racing was awful, the penalty system sucks and always has done, and has never and never will be fixed like Iracing has been.

So, yes it looks pretty, is kind of OK, but the entire genre is getting tired, if you are an alien and like playing within very tight rules you might enjoy online, but getting there will be maddeningly frustrating, and I doubt you will enjoy it much,
I really hate having to pay sony to play online, but my experience in GTS so far is much better than any of the PC sims you can play for free. ACC is a disaster and barely anyone plays online, and SRS(AC) sometimes uses some very questionable mods that result in poor racing. So far I haven't been punted off the road, I've been involved in some great battles, and I find that people actually leave space for others.
The penalty system may not be the best but it's definitely better than ACC's and SRS's as it punishes people during the race and not after, making them think twice before going for stupid moves.

Exactly, any penalty system is odd, but Iracings works very well in my eyes.

This one is hopeless, it truly is, any system that can penalise you for doing literally nothing other than being a victim is broken.

And again, I do not play enough online games to warrant paying an already filthy rich company a tax to play online, it stinks and I cant believe so many people just rolled over and accepted it, just shows what silly people the public are at times.

Exactly, any penalty system is odd, but Iracings works very well in my eyes.

This one is hopeless, it truly is, any system that can penalise you for doing literally nothing other than being a victim is broken.

And again, I do not play enough online games to warrant paying an already filthy rich company a tax to play online, it stinks and I cant believe so many people just rolled over and accepted it, just shows what silly people the public are at times.

Same people who'd roll over and accept bad physics in exchange for a car stupid collection, or accept a game sold as a VR package. Just do discover VR support is isolated in a "VR mode" with weak AI and no multiplayer support! And when you call that flighty rich company out, they jump in defense of it instead of supporting your claims into a better game for every one and putting and end to PAY FOR PLAY!!!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000