GT Sport GT Sport Update 1.41 Adds Five New Cars

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Jag D Type.jpg

The latest free update to GT Sport is here - adding yet more exotic machinery to the game.

Seemingly ever expanding with cars and events (less so on the tracks), another sizeable new update for GT Sport has been released by Polyphony Digital.

This time the game benefits from the inclusion of five brand spanking new cars for players to enjoy, adding the rather tasty looking Jaguar D-Type, Porsche 911 Turbo (930), Mazda Roadster Touring Car, Honda S800 and the Honda Civic Type R (EK) from 1998. Not a bad collection of cars if I do say so myself.

As well as fresh content, the update deployed recently to the Sony PlayStation 4 exclusive game also adds five new events across three existing series, details of which can be seen below:
  • Amateur League: Two new rounds added to the “World Hatchback Championship.”
  • Professional League: Two new rounds added to the "Nostalgic 1979.”
  • Endurance League: One new round added to the “X2019 Competition Endurance Series.”
Additional goodies that make up the 1.41 update come in the form of some fresh 'Scapes' backgrounds, this time adding to the title "Open Spaces", plus of course a 'Circuit Experience' for the freshly tarmacked Sardegna venue.

GT Sport is available for PS4 now.

Check out the RaceDepartment GT Sport sub forum for news, discussion and everything GT Sport related!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

can you explain this please, what discomfort do you have, i also have the same problem i know use a 120 and 144 hz monitor only

I'm 42 and have noticed this just in the past year.
At 90fps or better on my PC everything is fine, I can race for hours. If I play together with my son on his PS4 my eyes get tired after 15 minutes and I get this off feeling.

Could be the fps difference, could be the difference in picture quality, I run an IPS panel he has an LED TV.
IPS looks so much better and is easier on the eyes IMO.

Graphics and content of this title.... it is just another level. Not just another level, but multiple levels skipped from the nearest competitor.
The content really isn't that great, many of cars are just dupes and they all feel the same. Every time I see a new update i just think nice, but makes no difference to the game and feel no desire to load the game up.

To the gentlemen with the eye issues- you might want to play around with your tint and/or brightness levels on your monitors & tvs as well. I'm 44 & have worked a job where I'm on a computer 8-12 hours a day for 20+ years, and then come home & game most nights as well. And from my experience, as I've gotten older you definitely have to play around with your screen settings, especially if you use settings that run more into the brighter ranges of features. I used to get headaches & my eyes would get tired more easily until I started bumping down the brightness settings.

Also, Windows has a new setting where you can turn on a tinting that's similar to a "blue blocker" effect on your monitor in your screen settings. So, you might want to use that in the evenings when you're on the internet or doing other things on the computer to save your eyes for when you game turning the tinting off at that time. I use it after 8 PM & it definitely is easier on the eyes you just, again, have to get used to looking at things like you're wearing blue blocker glasses.

I'm 42 and have noticed this just in the past year.
At 90fps or better on my PC everything is fine, I can race for hours. If I play together with my son on his PS4 my eyes get tired after 15 minutes and I get this off feeling.

Could be the fps difference, could be the difference in picture quality, I run an IPS panel he has an LED TV.
IPS looks so much better and is easier on the eyes IMO.
true i notice it while im gaming at my laptop that 120hrtz or a regular 4k tv thats 60 and i have the curved 144 msi, and i love my 144 the best...its indeed less demanding of the eyes....good luck as im 44

can you explain this please, what discomfort do you have, i also have the same problem i know use a 120 and 144 hz monitor only
Well... I started feeling woozy when playing on a 40in 60hz TV I bought so I downsized back to 27in/144hz panel and it was better, however, I returned that and tried using a 4k/27in/60hz monitor and thought I could deal with it but I couldn't get comfortable with it despite achieving 60 fps so I stopped all gaming for a few months. I recently bought a 24in/144hz VA panel (samsung panel/msi branding) and that combination of a smaller screen and higher refresh rate seems about all I can deal with nowadays. I have yet to try triples, but maybe for race sims it would be okay since your vision is mainly focused in the center; I am not sure about that.

However, I used a 32in/60hz TV on my desk for gaming for years and it was fine then, I loved it actually, but I can not stomach it now. I think it's a combination of screen size AND refresh rate that causes the motion sickness so you may want to try 24-25in panels.

Even with the 144hz/24 inch panel, I still can not play for hours on end like I used to, which is a good thing perhaps so I don't waste time on it.

The feeling is like motion sickness I used to get as a kid when riding in the car with certain drivers who would not drive smoothly. So now, in FPS games for instance, I try to use smoother movements as well to help, and it does to a degree. Gaming mice are a must for smoother on screen panning movement in FPS games and the like, and controllers, while being slow for aiming, may be needed to smooth out the movements even more, but I think I would rather quit playing FPS games than be forced to use a controller to play them!

Last edited:
Honestly, I am seriously considering buying a PS4 just for this title alone. Reason is the only thing holding me back...

Coming from someone who did that in the past three times (GT3, GT4 and GT6 - yea, I got two PS2 consoles in different occasions): don't do that. Unless, of course, money isn't an issue and you are lighting your cigarettes with 100US$ bills. It may don't see like much cash, but you end up feeling like a chump anyway after the novelty wears off.

To the gentlemen with the eye issues- you might want to play around with your tint and/or brightness levels on your monitors & tvs as well. I'm 44 & have worked a job where I'm on a computer 8-12 hours a day for 20+ years, and then come home & game most nights as well. And from my experience, as I've gotten older you definitely have to play around with your screen settings, especially if you use settings that run more into the brighter ranges of features. I used to get headaches & my eyes would get tired more easily until I started bumping down the brightness settings.

Also, Windows has a new setting where you can turn on a tinting that's similar to a "blue blocker" effect on your monitor in your screen settings. So, you might want to use that in the evenings when you're on the internet or doing other things on the computer to save your eyes for when you game turning the tinting off at that time. I use it after 8 PM & it definitely is easier on the eyes you just, again, have to get used to looking at things like you're wearing blue blocker glasses.

This is another reason a smaller screen may help since less overall light is emitted. A physics person may know more about this. My main issue is motion sickness related though and not headaches, but I am sure anything healthier helps overall.

This is another reason a smaller screen may help since less overall light is emitted. A physics person may know more about this. My main issue is motion sickness related though and not headaches, but I am sure anything healthier helps overall.

That makes sense. I have read other things about the newer generation of tvs & monitors & electronics overall may have frequencies that bother some people more than others as well.

I have got exactly same eyes problem as you guys : when I read tv set reviews they all say higher contrast = better image ..but not for my eyes and it is even worse with new hdr TVs as they want max lux !!!
Few years ago I bought a 40" Samsung VA LED 60HZ panel as it had the best reviews...I had to return it because It gave me headache and contrast was way too high for my retinas... In the end I bought a 42" Sony IPS LED 120HZ panel (Motion Flow and Xreality engine) with a -50% discount just because IPS panels have got bad reviews, at the store the seller told me "do not buy that because contrast is too bad, this is why we make a discount offer"... LOL, this is by far the best image I have ever seen with great comfort for my eyes, moreover colors and view angles are a lot better than VA panels.
So my advice is to not follow reviews and what people can say on internet : check by yourself and make your own opinion ;)

@leon_90 : go on and buy a ps4+GT Sport, I think it worth the buy especially during next 3-4 months where you will get interesting discount offers : check your wheel compatibility first because not all pc wheels are fully recognized by ps4.

Last edited:
"As well as fresh content, the update deployed recently to the Sony PlayStation 4 exclusive game also adds five new events across three existing series"
There would be a point to adding these events if the AI could lap faster than a milk float but the AI seems wholly concerned with tire/fuel conservation. Come on PD, make an effort to actually code some AI, its literally been decades and your Bob's are still the worst in the industry.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%