GT Sport GT Sport Update 1.26 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Update -  PSN phil_75.jpg

Update 1.26 for Gran Turismo Sport adds some nice Fanatec specific improvements.

Having not long since released the major 1.25 build update to the PlayStation 4 exclusive racing game GT Sport, the new build deployed today should be considered more of a minor hotfix release as apposed to a full game update. Weighing in at just 138MB and containing nothing new in the way of content, the latest build of GT Sport is however still a noteworthy improvement for those players using Fanatec equipment - the German hardware brand receiving specific attention around the previously identified issue of wheel rotation on the Fanatec CLS Elite wheel - something that has now been addressed in the new build.

The full update notes can be seen below:
  • My Menu / Discover - Fixed an issue where infrequent application error occurs when users view My Menu or Discover.
  • Racing Wheel Controllers - Fixed an issue where rotation angle setting from the game end did not carry out with steering wheels, Fanatec® CSL Elite Racing Wheel(for PS4).
  • Other minor corrections and adjustments have been performed.

It remains to be seen exactly what the "other minor corrections and adjustments" relates to in detail, I understand from feedback I've received from GT Sport players is that half the fun on new updates in this game is working out what the bits they didn't tell us about in the changelog are!

GT Sport is available exclusively for Sony PlayStation 4.

Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you spotted any other improvements / changes to the game not incorporated in the update notes? What do you think of GT Sport post 1.25 / 1.26 update? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Cover Image - PSN phil_75

Last edited:
I've been thinking about grabbing a PS4 for this title, and some more for my son. I loved Gran Turismo ever since the original Playstation. But since going to college required me to use and adapt to PC, I fell behind for years and wasn't able to follow this platform and the titles they offer now.

Everytime I go to the shop, I look at these consoles and think what's good in PS4? Then I remember my PC racing titles and my triple screen, then walks away half sad, half satisfied that I dodged another impulse buy. And my son already learned how to use mouse and keyboard at 3 y.o., he's 7 now BTW.

He don't know what a PS4 is and now it makes me think that the old kid in me is all that's left, and who's wanting these consoles. My subconscious is using my son as scapegoat to buy one. SMH at myself... :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%