GT Sport GT Sport Time Limited Demo Coming October 9th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Demo 2.jpg

Joining big rivals Forza Motorsport 7, Polyphony Digital have confirmed upcoming PS4 racer GT Sport will be releasing a demo soon, but with a bit of a unique twist...

The new demo for PlayStation 4 racer GT Sport will become available for download on Monday 9th October, however unlike traditional demo offerings Polyphony will be packing the download full of content, but limiting access to just four short days from day of release.

With time limited demos being something of a rarity in modern gaming, Polyphony have more than made up for this restriction by packing the teaser full of content not normally seen in a demo release, giving players access to things offline split screen racing, three different disciplines of racing (Sport, Campaign, Arcade), carry over career earnings and customer livery editors and photo 'Scapes' mode. Not bad for "just" a demo is it?

The demo will be made available for four days from October 9th at10am (BST) through to October 12th at 2pm (BST), with pre-download available from 7th October at 10am (BST).

Gran Turismo Sport will release for PlayStation 4 on October 17th 2017.

GT Sport Demo 3.jpg
GT Sport Demo.jpg

If you are interested in learning more about GT Sport, or just want to keep on top of the news for the upcoming PS4 racing title, head over to our Gran Turismo Sport sub forum and get yourself involved in the community discussion.

Will you be trying the new GT Sport demo? Like the look of the game? Can the new direction Polyphony are taking with GT Sport help lift the title back to the top of the console pile? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The quality of GT Sport will be the determining factor in my PS4 to buy or not to buy decision.

Forza seems to be fully embracing the "we're the pretty car collecting game" strategy, with the driving being a bit of an afterthought. Plus, if any Forza edition does end up veering more back into the driving aspects, I can always pick it up on PC...so, probably no Xbox One for me.

no matter how many times I read this headline I read it as ''GT Sport Limited Edition Demo coming October 9th'' So everytime Im reading it to figure out how much the Limited Edition Demo cost, I mean... it is 2017 right, how could I know devs dont do that yet? :whistling:

I was in the Beta and I like GT games (platinumed GT6 even), but I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Trail-braking is made for a controller to be stable, rearward brake balance can't give you better turn-in. Driving (not too fast) perpendicular into a wall at a precise 90° degree angle will always spin the car in track driving direction. There is no "realistic off-track" grip option any more and all grass is super exploitable (I made a video). The sound is still super underwhelming, basically no older cars, microtransaction heaven in Scapes mode. BoP was super uneven in the Beta, and power delivery was bugged at first(patch fixed this), but those are probably fixed for the full release. But we haven't seen rain yet even though that was supposed to be in the game. No mention that it will be patched in later, but I believe we'll hear about that very soon.

Yea, no, I'm not buying this one before it comes down to under 15-20€, which might be very soon considering that many people will buy it, suck at online and then sell their copy again without a real offline career.

Wow, the graphics look great, but the sound is VERY impressive! Totally revamped from the usual GT crap.
I wonder if that is the actual game output, or if someone did sligth enhancements "in the mix" :O_o:.
Nevertheless, very good stuff, I'd say from the video, better than R3E even.

Now I just wish that AC2 will sound and look like that in the near future :D:inlove:

Don´t know whats impressive about the sounds. The heavily distorted externals, the generic tranny whine, the suppressed gunshots thats supposed to be gearshifts? Most certainly not the engine sound itself.
Looks gorgeus though I gotta admit, really atmoshperic.

If you're a sim developer, I think here's the kicker...I'm sitting here hoping that the driving model in GT Sport will be "good, not great", which is kind of the top end of what I have come to expect from the GT series. Yet the title will sell 10x more copies than every sim put together over the last decade!

That's gotta be a little depressing.

Hmm, just doing my first real investigation into the title - definitely some interesting features, but nothing that, on paper, makes me think I oughta be making a console plunge to get in on.

This is really looking like a "wait and see what GT7 brings" situation for me.

I am rooting for the title to succeed, though. I think GT and Forza are vital gateway drugs as far as getting people into the hobby. I think the market for "hardcore" sims would be even smaller if not for these titles.

I don't have XBOX and mainly run driving titles on PC, but as a PS4 owner, will be getting GT Sport.

Played the BETA and played OK for me (I only use DS4) so hoping game has been refined in the interim and looking forward to having a play. Would be interested in joining club races at RD should it get of the ground and timing is suitable.

I really think they should make it PC compatible too just like Forza. I mean, there are people considering buying a PS4 for this title, imagine those that want to try it but are saving that money for a new graphics card?

Just saying that they could entice a lot more players if they released on PC too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%