RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qaly*
noting near my pb of 1.39.938, i was down the field on 18th with a 1.42.558

Race1*
pretty good start was on the way to out sprint Mehmet as he completele lost his vette and cam all over the track right into me who was betwine him and the wall :)
could not do anything as i was fighting my vette too
after i recoverd i pushed down to first turne and was already back under Mehmets tail as he suddenly moved the line, leaving me stuck behind a standing ccgt
after i ended into the ccgt my spoter told me i should come over and watch the race cuz they could not fix it :(

Race2*
again a good start was till the time we entered the GP loop already on 10th behind Mehmet and was pushing hard cuz Eck was chasing me hard too
now i did my usual error under pressure and Eck was gone then Marcel had a visit in the off was loocking for some new plants there i guess
gave me the change to pass him from then i had a nice race trying to keep my 8th place while Marcel was trying to get past me
one time we was side by side in the banked fast right he inside i am outside around lap 9 or so Marcel and i closed up on Mehmet again and in lap 11 i missed my braking
and nearly crashed into Mehmet could avoid with nearly spinning my vette
that gave enough room for Marcel to slip past last lap i was just trying to get a change to have the 8th place back but i did to much errors so i ended up on 9th

thanky RD for setting up the server
and many thanks to all who showed up on this event
Happy X-Mas all

Race 1: Qualified in 10’th
Made a desent start but lost a place in the first corner.
Had a nice race from that on with a consistent car, finally ended up in 6’th position

Race 2: Started in 3’d
Made a bad start and dropped some places before fist corner
In first corner I took a wider outer line since I started in the left lane and wanted to “survive” 1'st corner, but in the middle of the corner I was hit and was sent of out to the left and I dropped some more places after that.
Some other small incidents and mistakes (both by me and others) on the first 2 laps made me end up in 11’th where I stayed during the complete race.

As allways, fun racing :laugh2:

Txs Michael and RD

• Mehmet Arslan

It was great fun, srry Michael Herrmann, i can remember me spinning badly right after the lights said gogogogo, then u bumped into me, was glad nothing bad happened then, and about the sudden line changing, dont know what really happened there, have to check the replay, wasnt something on purpose to make it hard for u, srry again mate.

A great night learning to drive with these beast (sure makes a change from the mini's on Friday night)
There were some super fast guys out there tonight. Glad to finish 10th in race 1 and just glad to finish the second race (made two errors at the same place and let everyone by)

Thanks Michael and all the racers for this evening is was great fun. :laugh2:

First I would like to thank everyone for these 2 amazing races, really great :good:

I decided to take the Saleen to the Glen as I've been driving the Audi R8 for the last 2 months or so and I was in for change, hehe.

Quali went surprisingly well, took pole by just 0.1 sec. ahead of Ries.

Race1: Had a good start and could keep P1 although I had 6 Astons right on my tail on the first straight. In the first few laps I managed to open a few seconds gap to Gary in P2. Halfway through the race Ries took P2 and started to close the gap to me. With a few laps to go he was right on my tail but fortunately I managed to bring it home in P1.

Race2: Starting from 8th went ok, kept P8 through T1 when 2 cars got together and I could sneak through to P5 or 6. In the 2nd lap Ben made a mistake and at that point I was up to P3 behind Gary and Patrick. I catched Patrick and we had an awesome battle (sometimes hard but fair) for about 5 or 6 laps, sometimes going side by side through the fastest turns but still couldn't pass him. Then finally the perfect opportunity came exiting the left hander hairpin and took P2 and had about 4 laps left to catch Gary. Patrick could follow me so when we got up to Gary's tail there was a 3 man battle until the finish. It was kinda hard for me as I was right behind Gary but could not try too many things as 1 small mistake would allow Patrick to go in 2nd which almost happened once. Fortunately I could keep second, downside was the fact that I couldn't pass Gary :wink2:

Amazing driving guys :good:

It was great fun, srry Michael Herrmann, i can remember me spinning badly right after the lights said gogogogo, then u bumped into me, was glad nothing bad happened then, and about the sudden line changing, dont know what really happened there, have to check the replay, wasnt something on purpose to make it hard for u, srry again mate.

dont worry mate i was just to slow to follow you, you know think whoa a ccgt where to go left right left right locked front weels boom ;D
was just so close on you i was not able to see the ccgt
:highfive::beer:

Thankyou gents, for ok'ing my participation.

Quali went well, considering the setup was a touch weak on top end... flat out n bumping the rev limeter on exit of the esses... lol.

Gearing sorted, I set off from 7th. Lost out, off the start, to James. I followed traffic through the esses, continued up the hill... I was tapped in the left rear quarter, not the sort of hit that needs any remark at all. Except, I got distracted by it (I pooped myself really.. lol), having not seen the car in my mirrors. I didn't brake for the Outer Loop (Big Bend) till way too late, took James all the way to the wall. All my fault, so, sorry again James. Followed him to pitlane, where I waited for him to complete his stop (I actually missed him leaving again... lol). The entire field had passed pit exit, by the time I left. Finished one lap down, in 15th... one place behind James... lol.

Starting from 15th, I thought I'd missed the boat. Good start, think James n I split around a GTS car going down the straight, was along side, into turn one (taking care not to make contact, this time). He bolted out of the turn, round a couple of others... he was two cars infront, by the esses and letting the tail hang out... lol. He musta got it a little too far out, as we all nearly come to a stop in the esses. I lost another couple of positions, as I was awfully slow off the esses. Made one back round Big Bend, as someone took it in a little too hot (thankfully, not doing the same as I had, in race one). Made a couple more, from others misfortune, made more through racing though. Finished 5th, one place behind James... (did I say that already?), with Ries closing in quite a bit in, the closing laps.

Grats to the podiums, from both races. Thanks all, for a great race. Thanks also, to Michael n RD for the event.

Made a complete hash of the first race, qualified 8th but got a pig of a start and was soon at the back of the field (no change there). Completely missed my break point at the end of the back straight and went straight on into the wall, huge damage and limped back to pits. Came out of pits having been lapped by nearly everyone and decided to get a drink. Better luck with the drink, poured the rum perfectly into the glass with a dab of peppermint and it slid down beautifully, totally enjoyed the rest of the race.

Race 2 started 3 from back and through spin offs manage to get home after a pretty uneventful race in 12th.

All in all i think the rum was the best part of my night tonight. That and watching 2 master Jedi at work in the form of Sander and Ries in the first race, awesome driving!!

Thanks Michael for organising and RD for hosting.

quali went bad, a full second of my practise time... started from 10th

race 1: had a good start and was able to overtake many people. In the end of the lap I was in 5th. Gary and Patrick had a really nice fight infront of me and I was able to get close to them, but then I didn't have enough fuel so I had to pit.... :( I hoping to be able to fight with Gary, but I think he was too fast anyway.... ended in P11.

Eck, the guy in the straight tapping your rear was me, I was actually besides that grey Aston which didn't have as much top speed, and then you went more and more onto the line, and steering into me....Should've let go of the throttle earlier and stay behind the grey Aston, sorry.

Race 2: had again a good start, was in P6 at the end of lap 1, but then I made a mistake in T1 and Marcel (I think) hit me, and he lost a lot of positions, so I slowed down till he was ahead of me again. Then there was a huge pack of drivers in front of me, which I was quite a bit faster.

If going into the pits please don't go full chat so you don't hit someone straight into the pit barrier.

In the last corner, the guy infront of me went wide, so I take the inside, and I couldn't go to the outside further without pushing him out. Then I see Ben Tusting suddenly going into the pits and he brakes and I was sofar on the inside that I couldn't avoid him anymore, so I hit him and he flies in the pitwall....
I am sorry for the hit, although I don't think it was my mistake.

I was able to continue, and was behind Bob, I was able to close the gap, and on the finish line we where 0.4 seconds from eachother :)

5676d1222917616-race-night-flyer-thread-gtr-evo-flyer.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com EUR
Password: click here

Class: GT Sport
Track: Rouen Non Chicane
Track Download: Download here
Weather: Dry

Practice: 20.00 GMT (30 mins)
Qualification: 20.30 GMT (15 mins Superpole)
Warmup: 20.45 (10 mins) (Includes driver briefing)
Race: 20.55 GMT (60 mins)
Start: Rolling Start, Manual parade lap.

Notes:

Manual Rolling Start click for explanation

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Michael Herrmann - Spyker [skin]
  2. James Yates - SEAT Toledo
  3. Marcel vd Aa - TBC
  4. Gary Lennon - Spyker
  5. Bob Miley - Spyker
  6. Ries Notenboom - Marcos
  7. Amir Mar - Spyker
  8. Jan Wikström - TBC
  9. Patrick Duivelaar - BMW M3
  10. Tim Hogendoorn - Spyker
  11. Sander Hogendoorn - BMW M3
  12. Terry Harmer - BMW M3
  13. Mehmet Arslan - BMW M3
  14. Manuel Garcia - Marcos MarcoRelly
  15. Eck Simpson - Corvette C6
  16. Gomes Silva - Spyker
  17. Keith Peppiatt - Marcos
  18. Damian Dainhumain - Marcos
  19. Neil Tennant - BMW M3
  20. Yves Larose - Spyker
  21. Hansi Josefsson - Marcos
  22. Andrew Evans - Mosler
  23. Sebastien Bortoli - Sunred
  24. Rafael Barbosa - TBC
  25. David Lemon - TBC

Reserves:
  1. Ben Tusting - Spyker
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

Hello,

please sign me up too.

To enter the pre-event laptime contest :) ... my pb after an hour of testing was a 1:28:9xx during a quali session. Time Attack times were usually one second faster for me (rough estimate). Have not used it for a long time. I don't like TA either.

See you on track,
Nico

loenely night for me. got there late and missed praccy due to an unplanned last minute windows restore thanks to the luurvely people @ nvidia. got staright in did a poor lap, checked the times and you guessed it! everyones driving pros :)

oh well, pretty much race over. got gifted a few places here and there early on by the poor souls that binned it and that was that.

looked tight when the leaders passed. looks like the had fun. heres to a better s2000 race on monday. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%