RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Fun little track but evil

Quali was 1/2 second slower than practice but good for 3rd behind Keith and and my teamate on pole Eric

Race 1
Slow off the line but managed to stay in 3rd lined up behind Eric and Keith on point. Stayed in that order for a couple laps then Eric nailed the tire in the 1st turn and I think killed his car. Tried pulling back Keith but at best could only hold even. Keith made a nice cushion to me and came in for the win about 6 seconds up. Happy to be second.

Race 2
Started well from 7th and made it up to 3rd behind my teammate Tim and Yves on point. A couple laps in I got by Tim and was now chasing Yves in the lead. We had a nice battle all the way to the pit stop. When I came out of the pit I was in the lead but saw that Keith was a couple seconds back and closing. Keith was close behind me with about 4 laps to go and stayed there to the finish. Sorry if I was a little all over the place at the end Keith. I knew you had better pace here and that made me a little nervouse. Winning that race at the end felt a bit like a present to me. Good racing very clean thx. Grats Keith on the race 1 win and split for the overall. Also Grats to Eric for his pole and its good to see Yves on Friday night.

Quick Report.enjoyed the racing tonight had some good battles with Paul,Tim,Michael v S.Great Track to race on,well done to podium and respect to Glenn,Paul and Eric for waiting ,though i think Eric our incident was a domino effect so you really didn't have to.Sorry to Tim for the tap in race 2 going into the back straight ,good driving keeping it together..the advantage of FWD.Bad luck to those that had connection issues,esp Rhys...really must be getting you down.See you all in server 2 next week ,Kev.Thanks to Yves and RD for running the event pity ther was so few of us.

My Bad

The race went actually pretty well for the fact that I got on track an hour before the race first time. Started 11th finished 5th. No pitting for me and no warning for cutting :D!

Terry, not exactly nice what you have done in the chicane in lap 3, that was worth waiting for a couple of guys. I can only assume you did not recognize that your diving through the inner line made me hitting you, spinning and made some guys hitting me because I was in wrong direction in the chicane (Bob, not your fault).

Otherwise after catching up I had good battels with a couple of guys, Dennis, Nisse and Mark I remember. Was glad the race was not a lap longer, otherwise Alex would have come in on 5th :D.

Before seeing your post I thought I'd made the whole hour without hitting anybody,I drove off road to miss Alex whilst 5th dropping me to 11th.
Now I've watched replay ,I can see that I failed.

I was running alongside Dennis and missed my braking point ,so my only option was to cut the chicane and avoid hitting you, I thought I made it.Later on in the race this got me a SNG .
So very sorry ,wasn't on purpose.

...after 10mins had 2 cut warings grrrrrrr, then got Black flaged. and of course i cut again (acording to the game) and got a second black flag :(

i would love to race this track with Simbins stupid tracks rules off anf just run to the RD rule.

big thanks to Bram and RD and i`ll see you at the Hell next week :)

Same here, the game is strict in Monza's first chicane, so after the 2nd Stop & Go penalty (after cutting... 5 metres in the sand trap in Ascari chicane after a mistake), I decided to retire and enjoy the battles from the race monitor.

It's quite aberrant since I could manage to cut the whole Ascari chicane during my training without being warned. Anyway, I hate this track in this game. :p

Happens, no worries! Sometimes you hit people and dont see what happens!
Before seeing your post I thought I'd made the whole hour without hitting anybody,I drove off road to miss Alex whilst 5th dropping me to 11th.
Now I've watched replay ,I can see that I failed.

I was running alongside Dennis and missed my braking point ,so my only option was to cut the chicane and avoid hitting you, I thought I made it.Later on in the race this got me a SNG .
So very sorry ,wasn't on purpose.

Just before official practice my connection seemed stable so I gave it a try. Up until then I had no track time here. I grabbed a couple of uploaded setups (Thanks Marty, Eric and Michael) and settled on Marty's to help me through. I qualified 4th or 5th which I was happy with. Rhys dropped his connection after he qualified 1st. A couple others dropped also. Was it just a weird night (morning) or what?
I got off to a slow start and dropped back a few spots. After a few laps I found myself in top 5 due to spins, unmoving tires barriers, etc. I was burning up my left front tire so I pitted on lap 7, took two lefts and continued on. The following lap, I got careless and cut the apex of turn 1 too tight. BAM! The tire barrier of umoving strength put me in my place - the garage, that is. I finished 9th.
I got off to a slow start in the second race also, but after a few laps I found myself in 3rd. I had Keith behind me at one point. I got a little unnerved at that and went wide in a turn, letting him by. I pitted on lap 8, in 4th place, had a good stop and came out just ahead of Eric. We battle for a number of laps before he got past me. That was good racing, Eric. I brought the car home in 5th place, which I was happy with.
It was a bummer not seeing many entrants.
thanks to the powers that be for putting together the event. See ya's at Curitiba.

Lucky for me it was only a "club" race. I just couldn't seem to get in the swing of things. The setup was okay on some test runs, great on others, and just a plain dog other times. Took a small break before official start and came back with the same setup and lost over 1/2 second. Mediocre to poor qualifying run. Got roughed up a little in Race 1, finally got around to pit stop and came out only to commit suicide on one of the tree-stump/tire-barriers in turn 1.

Watched a few good battles and waited for race 2. Little bit better, but I really messed up my pit stop (forgot that cars were "ghosts" in pit lane) trying to squeeze into the pit stall. Came out and struggled. I had gotten some rear suspension damage during one of the earlier laps due to a chrome-horn, nothing major, just enough... Poor Paul, tried to get around me on the last few laps, but due to my gimpy suspension he was "stumped" on how to do it safely. Good battle Paul.

Well this was a sutitable track for me. I love Kart racing and this was like racing Karts on steroids! I had lapped a bit earlier in the week and cobbled a couple of setups together for the Chevy, honda & Seat. I had been quicker in the SEAT in a "practice session format" than the other 2 cars. I fiddled around a bit with the 308 but scrapped it after 15 mins of trying to tam eit.

I chose the Chevy in the end because it still handled well event though the left front would be really hot in 3 laps here. It s a car that always easily rotates the rear and thats crucial once that front grip starts to fade.

SO i had been as high as P1 in practice and as low as 7th coming into the "Official" practice session conclusion. What would Quali be for me?

Well I dropped out some fuel and maxed out the rear wing. drove an excellent lap ( not perfect ) and got into the 14.8's. Waitied to watch Keith and Yves run their laps to see if I could actually sit on pole! Keith ruins wide on a couple of turns and gifts me pole til Yves sets off. Well Yves does not Q and I am P1! WOW!

R1 load up my race setup and contemplate how wil I handle the start etc. I am now able to use a REAL CLUTCH PEDAL now that I have a G25 wheel and this wil be my first use of said feature! I geta good start but keith gets a bit iof a jump on me inside and gains P1 at T1. I could have blocked the inside but felt it would be bad with the ENTIRE field behind me and creating an incident. Besides, I think my car could be better in the long run then the HONDa KB is harnessing. I am close to Keith and Marty is in P3. Wel lthis new wheel is AWESOME but I have a wire from the pedal set wrapped around my throttle foot and between the pedal and my foot as well. IT KINDA ANNOYING ME! I try to shake it off my foot while braking into T1 I bump my elbow on the wheel. Well it sends me left and I try to correct to the right before I totally miss the corner and I collect the SOLID BLUE TIRE and TERMINALLY DESTROY my car. oooooooooh yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! aint racing fun?

I watch all the other battles on track til R2.

R2 I am shotgun on the field. ON the start I jump GLenn and Michael C to be 8th entering T1. Mike v Shepp is off the track but recovers nicely! Entering T2 I am handle to handle with Keith. I dont leave quite enough room for Keith and he hits me. I slide he checks up and we resume to T3 me having gotten to 7th Keith in tow. T4 I clip Paul wood in the bumper. T5 we get stacked and I turn Paul a bit and let him get going after a brief slide. Keith is being super patient in P8. Paul overshoots T6 and I cut inside and move up to 6th KB is 7th using me as FULL BACK. LAst corner to the back straight Mike v Shepp goes wide and I get by with KB in TOW! LOL

Lap2 same trun where Mike went wide I get in a incident with Kevin after he and Timm Miller touch. I wait for Kev, Keith goes in the grass avoiding us and getsgoing ahead of me and Kev and Tim. complete Lap2 in 7th.

Lap3 I chase Kevin and pressure him mercilessly. He defends well! I finally get a run on the bcak straight and insside position. I brake and slide thru the APEX and Kevin just touches my rea bumper. Not my best pass but clean enough not to be roughing the passer bad.

Lap 4 -5 I chase down Tim Miller. We have a great exchange of warfare! Tim bumps me off track and waits giving me back P6.

Lap 6-8 chasing Glenn. I pit and overshoot my stall costing me time. Glenn PIts and comes out in a 2 second lead of me.

LAP 7-12 CHASING GLENN! Closed up on him FINALLY! now I geta solid pass in the braking zone of the back straight. I hold him off for the remainder of the lap.

LAP 13 Glenn is VERY close to retaking 4th from me. He drives solidly while I overdrive a bit leaving him in touch with me. He evntually has a missed corner allowing me to extend and hold the spot to the finish. GREAT RACING GLENN!

So I had a ton of fun at this track. My car was solid and the track suited me nicely. But te biggest single factor for my improvement is this G25 wheel! now the car actually FEELS like a CAR! Firm brake pedal so I can keep proper pressure for effective trail braking. The steering gets light when you are sliding the front in a corner so you FEEL whats happening. I have a clutch pedal now! prolly start bettr now too!

Thanks to Yves , Eric K and RD for the usual behind the scenes efforts making this possible!

see you al lat Curitiba!

I loved this track. It was fast and flowing and suited my driving style (if i have one). I qual'd in 2nd or third last place after a couple of missed braking points but was happy with that. The car was just not handling 36l of fuel very well. After qual i decided to look up how many laps we were doing - 15. so all i needed was to have 25L for the race. My setup performed best with 20l of fuel in it, realising this i felt alot better about my chances of performing well.

R1 - I started well and got the jump on a couple of people and and made my way from 15th or 16th up to 12th. A couple of turns later i was running in 8th. Had a good tussle with Glenn, Paul, and Kevin. In the end Glenn and I came out on top after Kevin and Paul came together. This put me into 4th just behind Glenn. Ive never been this high up the order before. The car was handling like a dream. All tyres were green, no real damage - Im not used to this being the case. I had speed on Glenn, but had to take it cautiously as he was slightly warping in front of me so i had to hang back a little, which made it hard to pass as every time i got close the warping got worse. Glenn pitted and i tried to make the best of a clean track to try and make the place in the pit. this nearly worked as after pitting when i was re entering the race i had come out level with Glenn. Remembering the warping issue i applied the brake and resumed my position on his tail to avoid forcing my reentry just in front of him and possibly hitting him and stuffing up both our races. For the next two laps was i pushing hard to find a way passed and then Glenn made a mistake on T1 and hit the blue barrel of death and i narrowly missed his back end. This out me in third with 5 laps to go. Next lap around it hear that voice you don't want to hear this far from the line - I'm running low on fuel. I had a big enough gap back to Yves that i could drive slower and conserve fuel. I finished in third place with Yves closing every corner with 0.2L of fuel left. This as my highest finish ever and i felt good for race two and felt with 2L more fuel i could really push from beginning to end of the race. Then i went to escape back to the pit - nothing happened. I hit it again the screen went blank. Yes the game had crashed on me after crossing the line. I don't know if it was my machine having a heart attack because i had finished in the top three or not, but my race day was over.

Anyway congrats to all on a good race. I enjoyed my racing for the first time i a while. Wish i could have been in race 2 but this seems to be my luck of late. See you all in Round 2 of ATCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%