RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I was never comfortable on this track regardless of the car I was in. I was then set on the drama filled vette and got a Q lap in that wasnt horrible.

R1 I started with my normal launch that got me in the middle of the power players. I backed down a little as to not take out anyone. I was behind Eric N and when we went through one of the left right segments I didnt see an DB that was slow on the inside until I was essentially inside the DB. I never learned who it was as I have not watched the replay. Whoever that was I am incredibly sorry. At this point I was sidways on the racing line, I tried to get things moving to at least get off the line and find the DB that I had nailed. I never got the chance as the next car cresting the hill had nowhere to go but my passenger side door. Serious damage from the hit that was not the fault of the drive. I think it was Corey. Hopefully it didnt end his fun. Limped to the pits and got some repairs. I then rejoined in 18th and tried to last the race.

R2 I start and get a good start only to have events all on my own. I just never got this track. Dunno better luck next time.

After the race we were all talking and I was proud again to not have been involved with Stefan. Stefan did ask me "was that you that hit me". I replied no but was it in the last corner?" he replied yes it was. I informed him that it was not I that hit him as it was Yves who looked like he made an error and tried to avoid Stefan.

Corey asking me mid R2 "how many times have you messed your pants tonight?" was histerical!!
My reply was none and why he was asking. He was following me at that point and got to witness the gross power on oversteer of my vette.

He stated that he saw me perpendicular to the racing line a few times. That is normal for me !!!

See you all next week. This was a great event with 1 shy of 20 racers!!!!!!!!!

Got to meet a few of the RDTCC regulars and hope to tangle with them again.

I like this track, I get a feel for it and in practice this weekend, felt I had a handle on the cars with two of them tested. Practicing in the evening just before the event there was no way I was keeping either car on the track and I could barely get a lap together to show a time! I took off and relaxed waiting for the Q session. I was able to match my best practice times, could stay on the track but should have been faster. My FL tire was getting hot in the warmup so I pumped it up a bit for the race.

R1: Good traction off the line but not a rocket, kept me from just smashing into someone. Once off the line the smashing began. I'm sorry Jan, I wasn't targeting you nor did I have it in for you. I hit him once lightly on L1, then took him out on L2[waited for him] and again as he was tail out in the hairpin where I again waited. Sigh, the rest of the race was dull after that and I barely managed to get close to Jan again at the end of the race. The LF held up well but needed a bit more cooling so I upped the pressure a tad more.

R2: No trauma at the start and off we go. Corey is behind me for a couple of laps, I'm off in the grass, he and Jan are both by me. I'm all alone for most of the race and no drama, the LF is keeping cool and the car is driving well. I watch GLenn slowly moving to catch up with me. He was making a great race of it, coming back from being knocked to the rear in one of the opening laps. I knew he would get by as he got close but I slowed too much in the last turn and we touched, he stopped but I told him to go as he was going to get by before the end of the race anyhow. I also knew there was no one for him to catch and no one close behind.

So, the races provided me with a tough car, tough drivers and a track that was suited to them all.
What I got out of it was fun. I hope I didn't ruin anyones day!

Thanks Eric and RD, keep it up.

Yeah I think so. I just downloaded the track ticket and booked in bagless over the internet. Now just waiting to see if the BMW will make it in time to the airport...

OMG I just pray we are not flying coconut airlines otherwise we are in knee deep sh*t :D

EDIT:
Picture the scene... There I was scouring like mad to get Dijon installed and then this new Steam interface greeted/confused and wated my time trying to figure out where to click to get the damn game started...and then no WTCC server online...I go WTH is it over...Let me just check starting times on the forum...

You muppet!!!! It is tomorrow evening because it has been moved...

Apart from sucking at driving a muppet as well...Man at least I give myself loads stuffs to laugh about... Yeah sign me up I'll be there TOMORROW eve :roflol:

Well Pieter it seems that Ryan Air has still last minute tickets :).
Must i note you down as a maybe?

Good racing last night and it is good to see the field growing. (great job Eric) Hope to see a full field out there before to long.

Well, I entered this event with every intention of running the Viper. I could pull fairly consistent low 48's in it during practice and even the occasional high 47's was possible, but then I started trying out different cars again. Was quick in the Audi straight out of the box, which had me seriously reconsidering my car choice. With all the talk about the Aston on teamspeak, I had to give it a try as well. Normally I get along quite well with Eric's setups, but not this time. I was pushing the front end like crazy and had no front end feel what so ever, so I promptly switched cars again - first to the Viper and then the Audi again. With about 15 to go, Keith tossed up his revised Aston setup and I decided to give it a go. The car felt a lot more neutral straight out of the gate and I was able to clock in some reasonable times right off the bat. In hind sight, I probably could have used just a touch more over steer on turn in to get the most out of the car.

Quali: Did a mid 26 and was sitting pretty in 5th. Eric put in his PB during the final seconds of qual and I got pushed back to 6th.

Race 1: Got a reasonable start, but nothing compared to the Vette of Sam. He launched that thing like a rocket on its way to the moon. However he got held up by Yves who was a little slow off the line and I was able to slip back through. Followed Eric around for about half a lap or so, at which point he binned it - gifting me P4. I felt I was setting a pretty reasonable pace clocking in, in the low 27's consistently, but it wasn't enough to keep up with the three at the front. By lap four the gap to Tyler and Yves was at about 3.5 seconds. I was able to maintain that gap losing and gaining a couple of tenths here and there. Keith eventually went wide in the last corner allowing Tyler and Yves free passage. I was too far back to really take advantage, but was now right on his tail. Keith ran it a little hot into the final turn again on the following lap and like a dumb ass I followed him right in and off I went. The rest of the race was pretty lonely. Finished P4.

Race 2: Didn't get the best of starts and got swallowed up by the field at the start. I was following Jarrod now with Yves close behind me. Had a bit of a misshift coming through the fast downhill right hander and Yves gave me a bit of a nudge (my fault - sorry Yves). I was able to catch the slide and carry on. Then coming through the final chicane before the last corner I was right on Jarrod's tail once more. Jarrod ran it a bit wide and I followed suit. Yves had fallen back a little at this point but was closing fast as a result of us running wide. Keeping a close eye on Yves I went for the racing line into the final turn, braking as late as I possibly could. Shortly after turning in... Baam! There was "hard" impact and off I went into the wall. Aero and suspension damage. At the time I wasn't sure which vette had hit me, being that Sam and Yves were using the same skin. Any ways, I proceeded straight into the pits for repairs and for the cherry on top, I collected a Stop and Go penalty for speeding. LOL. By the time I finally was done with all of that I was a lap and half down. Did think it was a rather ironic that I joined right in the middle of the battle I crashed out of. I had more pace than those around me, but with my car being a bit crippled I made a lot of mistakes. Sorry if I messed up any battles for position between you guys. Due to a number of DNF's, I finished in a rather disappointing P13.

After the race in the chat I was going to give Sam a bit of hard time telling him old habbits die hard (lol), but it turns out it was Yves whom hit me. Sorry Sam.

Any ways, all in all I had fun last night and I am looking forward to next week. See you all on track! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%