RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Going to veeery intresting with the pit strategy. Tyres hold up fairly well, although after lap 20, it is likely you will be having difficulty, so two stops is safest, lap 20 and 40.

However because the fuel tank (on the Aston at least) is big enough to do well over half race distance you could perhaps get away with a one stop especially as the pit's are so looong at Spa.

If the race had been 50 laps, then a one stop would have been the best strategy, 70 and a two stop would have been the best, but 60 laps is right in between, with both strategies viable in my opinion.

I was still able to do 2.14s after 10 laps (this is my first test too, so perhaps I could go quicker?) so probably would drop to 15s after 15 laps. It's whether you can keep it on the island and go fast enough to justify the one stop, thereby saving possibly 50 seconds. Unless you can do 2.17s or better (for the front-runners) after 20 laps on the same tyres then you will lose too much time.

Tis a very finely poised one this and it will be very interesting to see what will happen.

Ryan, I am getting all hyped up to be frank with this event. Already told the Mrs to consider I dont even exist during this event. Trying to accustom to the weather at Spa, ya see the track elevation could cause problems with my breathing. Not to forget the g-force involved at Eau Rouge.

2:13.961 with 160L fuel in race setup :D

My setup for anyone who's interested (Aston Martin)...
Aka the "go kart" of Race07 Evo, good for "boys"... go with the Viper and you I start making me turn my head, until than... :D
Jokes aside, that past event already mentioned in this topic, was done with the “original” version of Evo. In those days the car field was balanced in a "different" way...

The “go kart” had already “go kart” handling, but its top speed was considerably lower, so I'm not too surprised you can circulate with 160L inside and do times that were pole position times back then.

While slowly lapping around, I will follow with interest the progress in my hud of the likely rabbit type armada of "go karts" evolving in front...

With my turtle Vette, I will keep a positive attitude, “collecting” and “helping” those who “lost their way forward”… :p

At 2:14 race pace you and the others will save me not 1 but 2 or 3 laps coming the race end.
Speaking of race end, when that comes, if I survive (if the engine runs I will be there type of guy), will have more than 180 mins of virtual race at RD under my belt on that day alone, so I will be a happy “turtle” just for crossing that line, no absolute need to “defeat” the rabbits :D

...told the Mrs to consider I dont even exist during this event...

That goes without saying... :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 164 10.0%
  • < 4 years