RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Way to go Matt - there was no way I was going to catch you with that 25 second gap you had on me!

I was very lucky for this race in many ways:

• lucky I joined in time
  • lucky I remembered the track after finishing qual
  • lucky I didn't get knocked out of the race or get bad damage after being punted in turn 1 on lap 1
  • lucky I didn't hit anyone else badly because a couple guys were warping near me
  • Finally, very lucky that 2nd place had an engine blow up and let me take 2nd place from him!
Here are the events as I remember them.

• I turned on my computer at 3pm Pacific time (start of practice)
  • spent 15 minutes looking for the Gamedata folder - did a search, wasn't on my computer for GTR Evo!
  • then realized I probably have to install the car add on first, so did that
  • then copied the track over to my new Gamedata folder!
  • Jumped in as fast as I could, and had 1 minute left in practice!
  • I drove this track one time, a couple of years ago so took the 1 minute to go around the track as far as I could go to try to remember the turns.
  • then I noticed there was no warmup! - I couldn't even get some practice in before the race! haha
  • I got a great start off the line, then got hit in turn 1 - luckily, no damage, and didn't lose any spots because of it
  • The race was good - had fun with a few guys, trying to get around them and hold others off. Everyone raced very well - no crazy stuff, everyone had room.
  • Got to first place for a short while because I pitted last in the field, and came back out 6th.
  • Was able to get to 3rd and would have finished there had 2nd place not blown up
I watched the replay afterwards for a short time - I think we should all remind ourselves of the golden rules. I saw a car on track spin out another car, and not give the position back. The offender did slow down and let some cars pass, but did not wait long enough for the spun car to catch up and actually stayed a coupld spots ahead. I doesn't matter to me in this race, but I thought it was worth mentioning so we all keep the golden rules in the back of our heads during races. :skywalker:

Again, I had a blast racing with all you guys and I look forward to more fun racing ahead! I forgot how much I miss the GT cars...

Please put me down as a maybe. That will be my last weekend at home before my vacation, so I'm not sure if I will have the time, but I would like to try.

I'm thinking of driving a Vette or a Viper, but I have not tried the Maserati yet. :wink2:

Me too, but i thought races in Evo were limited to 2 hours?

Does anyone know the answer to this? Is the race in fact going to be limited to 2hrs no matter how many laps it is set for? I would find out for myself, but I just don't have a spare 2 hours to practice this.

It kind of sucks when half the field expects 60 laps, but the race ends X laps short of 60 due to a time limitation. That could really screw with pit strategies.

If anyone knows for sure, please post here. Thanks! :party2:

Way to go Matt, glad you won.

My race was a quick one and it took a bit of time to recover from it. I had practiced a bit every night during the week, I like this track so much. Did an average quali lap that put me 6th I think. I was OK with that. On to the race, pit strategy was clear and set. Green, green, green, off I go passing Yves on a bad start. Got touched in the back at turn 1 but managed to keep the car. Fighting for a position on lap 2. Start of lap 3, my engine rattles...??? No gas. Oh wow Michel: you didn't load your race setup!!!!!!!!!! That's it, I took the start with my quali setup that had 8 liters.

I'll do better at Spa next sunday (shouldn't be to hard I think).

Way to go Matt, glad you won.

My race was a quick one and it took a bit of time to recover from it. I had practiced a bit every night during the week, I like this track so much. Did an average quali lap that put me 6th I think. I was OK with that. On to the race, pit strategy was clear and set. Green, green, green, off I go passing Yves on a bad start. Got touched in the back at turn 1 but managed to keep the car. Fighting for a position on lap 2. Start of lap 3, my engine rattles...??? No gas. Oh wow Michel: you didn't load your race setup!!!!!!!!!! That's it, I took the start with my quali setup that had 8 liters.

I'll do better at Spa next sunday (shouldn't be to hard I think).

Very sorry to hear that bud. Stuff like that always makes sim racing tough, and I'd be willing to be it has happened to just about everyone at one point or another. Hope you have better luck next week!:car2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 167 7.8%