RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

thanks to Eric for setting this event and thanks to RD for the hardware :smile:

qualy: took second place behind Nigel like i was expecting.

Race 1: was a bit cautious at the start and lost a place which i regain a bit later in the first or second lap, from there i knew i wasn,t gonna catch Nigel so i simply did my race and avoided any trouble and took second place.

Race 2 : had a better start but was a victim of the trouble that happened in front of me and was like almost last, start pushing and catching up the guy's infront and with a little help i managed to get back in second place catching Abdul, over took him at then end of the downhill straight around lap 9 but i over did it and he repassed me at the exit of the esses, catch him back 2 times after that but made mistakes each time and was unable to over took him and finished second.

was good fun and took the overall win :smile:

Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
  2. Glenn Peterson
  3. Dennis Phelan
  4. Caramidaru Andei Bogdan
  5. Stefan Werner
  6. Sam Mehler
  7. Blair Scott
  8. William Nowell
  9. Eric Estes
  10. Randy Wolfgram
  11. Corey Theman
  12. Jarrod Keen
  13. Bill Kaiser
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Yves Larose (maybe)

A mixed bag last night - some good racing, some mediocre racing. At least the track was fun, right? :)

Qual: Had an OK run, didn't have enough seat time to get under the 2:20 mark but settled for a P7 start with a 2:22:xx

Race 1: Lots of pushing and shoving going on at the start and I ended up forced off the track at T1. Took some suspension damage in the impact but it seemed to still handle well enough to push on, so I re-entered near the back of the pack. The next half-dozen or so turns were carnage-filled and I found myself back in P7 by the straight and settled in behind Glenn. I tried hard for 3-4 laps to catch him but ended up making a couple minor mistakes which dropped me out of reach by the midway point. The rest of the race was pretty boring actually, stayed in P7 until near the end when I think Michael had an accident and I was gifted P6. Finished in P6.

Race 2: Started in P3 due to the previous race's finish. I got off the line well, but the car in front of me did not move. I was boxed in and couldn't get around so I decided to just stay put and play it safe, but as Stefan said he got into the back of me which spun me around. Unfortunately I think at least 2 other cars were collected in that mess. Sorry guys, nothing I could do :/ So once again I fell to the back of the pack immediately and started clawing my way back. Turns out my car was in pretty bad shape from the early incident and I ended up in a hay bale around lap 2 I think. I limped back to the pits and repaired, leaving me in P9. A wonky stop-and-go forced me to go back in next lap, and I re-entered still in P9 on lap 4. I caught up to Dennis around this time, and we lapped for the next few laps. Alas, I wasn't very focused at that point and clipped a light pole on lap 7 which left me with irreparable damage. Watched the rest from the pits to finish in P9.

The Famed Riverside International Raceway! This great American Circuit has hosted the very top in American and International racing series including Formula 1 in 1960, Nascar Winston cup, IROC, and Indy Car events. Fast, Sweeping corners and a really long 1.1 mile straight that can handle 4 wide racing make this a true drivers track and a test of nerves! The layout in the game is the Nascar layout adding just a bit more speed to the mix!

Of course, as is always the case in America it seems, you can now go to a really great shopping mall where this track once belonged! :mad:

[URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/103079US_Mini_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/103079US_Mini_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/103079US_Mini_flyer.jpg"][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USMINI

Class: MINI Challenge

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45EDST / 18:45 WDST / 01:45 GMT (Monday)

Practice: open server
Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EDST)
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x15laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

A support race for the upcoming ATCC finale here at MONDELLO! While a brilliant circuit for Touring Cars, it lacks nothing for MINI Challenge either! Racing here in a group requires some pretty significant skill unless you like going agro on lap 2.

A complete track guide can be found at this link . http://www.racedepartment.com/ameri...dello-park-intermediate-april-9th-2010-a.html

It explains in detail some racing line and setup theory to help you fine tune your car here.

Thanks again for joining a racing event from the AMERICAN RACING CLUB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%