RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

qualy* got a realy good lap in for me broke my pb what was place 13th on these high Quality Grid

Race*
got a great start and was running on the verry outside down to turne 1, avoided the crash at turn 1 nearly, got a little love tap but that helped me to get the turne :)
now following Daniel J in his corvette he runned wide at the exit of the Mercedes arena
gave me 7th behind David and Yves.
at the exit of the dunlop loop i was a bit too early on the throttle and stuck the bimmer into the inside wall
not much dmg taken so i fightet my way back up to 11 behind Cam as hard as i was trying there was noway past him
then a Spyker tryed to out brake me into turne 1 i was seeing in the mirror it cant workout so backed off a bit
as expected the spyker runned way to fast and i could counter hi move, what i not have expected was that he is so fast that he will collect Cam's rear, i already on throttle again hited Cam realy hart (Sorry Cam could not Avoid you)
from then my weel was 15% offset and the car had a wired feeling last lap i was down to 17th i misbraked the chicane and had let Andrew overtake me cuz i cutted the exit
finished 18th

*Race2
another great start turne 1 i was outside of Wally and i guess cuz of Wallys line there was a 3rd car inside, we managed to get clean throug the turne :)
turne 2 i was backing up a bit cuz i was sure it wont go 2 wide, but wally pulled over to the outside line and let me space inside ;D so i could go inside of him into turne 3
i stayed as much inside as i could and came out of the Mercedes arena agin in 11th
again behind Cam, at turne 5 someone spun it, i was so suprided that i locked up front weels and tapped Cam coused him to run into the gravel sorry Cam
still on brakes i got a realy hard hit into my back that shoot me right into Cam again
my engien just stopped right away race over
then i was watching the race till i got disconnected from the server

Race 1: Watching the replay, I think I might have hit Mtommi in the 1st hairpin. Sorry if I did - I didn't notice it in the race. I spent most of the race just keeping people off - first Rafael for heaps of laps with him on my bumper - good driving Rafael, you didn't hit me once. But then I spun after clipping the grass, and then it was Chris Rodgers' turn to hassle me for the second half. Good driving :)

Don't worry, Wally Masterson,i forget it,
GT is my first driver,very hard,
See all next race,:highfive:

Had a blast this morning!!:laugh2: Didn't really expect to be in the top ten as I'd never driven one of these before but the Chevy is pleasure to drive, qualified 8th and got a good start in race 1 and was 5th on lap 1, Daniel then arrived on my rear bumper and was soon past, I then had a great fight with Yves for 6th and after a bit of grass tracking by both of us I crossed the line just in front of him :dance2:, Race 2 I had a great start and was second for a while but made a few mistakes and by half way was in a battle for 5th with Helmut and Yves but this time I couldn't hold on and finished 7th :), Have to now practice for Brno GT club in my Z4 as I'm 7 secs off the pace :( maybe I could sneak a Corvette in through the back door :thinking: Grats to podium and thanks to Cam and RD for setting this up :D cya

BTW: Respect to Jari for not forcing his way past in race 2 when he was a lot quicker than me :bye:

Qualy: Did a 2:05.797, was only faster in time attack before, so not bad for me, although significant slower than the majority of the gang. Anyway as good as it could be, for the moment. Gave me 20th (I think) , but only because Warren and Bram joined without Qualifying time I guess.

Race 1: Strategy was clear, stay away from the carnage in the first few turns, victimize lap time for avoiding gravel. After the first few turns I was 18th (only a question of time to loose them). End of lap 1 on 19th having Mtommi in my mirror. I knew he was faster, but I tried not to be under preasure and just drive my line. I only gained positions when people went to the gravel in front of me. So did Andrew, whom I could hold behind a little bit. Chris as well, but he got me soon back which brought Mtommi back to my mirror (who went to the gravel before as well, while he was behind me). So in lap 5 Mtommi got me, but went again directly afterwards to the gravel, so back on position :). Lap 7 he got me again, even managed to put some air between us, but shortly afterwards he spun, sorry no where I could go! But did not do any damage to my car. But Andrew had the chance to pass me :). After I spun I lost Andrew (I anyway would not dare to say that I had a chance, only if he would have made a mistake :)). Anyway my only major mistake so finished 19th.

Race 2: Same tactic, after the first couple of turns I was on 11. Came as high as 10th and then people started to catch up again with me. This time i was able to hold Chris a little bit longer behind me :). After some time I had Cam in my mirror, for me again just a question of time he would get me, but he was not patient enough and was pushing hard, tried it on the innerline of the uphill chicane, which he then did not make. No probs Cam, fair driving :). Finished 13th, not to bad. Now I just need to improve my speed, I will get there... :).

Great driving, though a long way for me to go with these car! Great fun!

• Andrew Dawes

I watched replay 2 first and after that excitement i watched the replay of race 1 and am now gutted. :sick2::weep:Looks like I caused a mess at T1 in the first race. I didn't even know anything had happened during the race. I appologised after race 1 but that was simply for going up the inside and into the corner and thought it was ugly and may have touched someone (which turns out i did but no real impact). I slowed to let a number of cars through because i didn't want to be rewarded for such a bad effort.

The problem is on the replay i saw the chaos that i can only assume i caused. I braked early and before everyone else [as i'm generally scared to death on T1] but for some reason the cars in front stopped so much quicker than my poor little spyker, i dived for the inside to avoid Rafael and slid slightly into the corner. Close one i thought. Even though the replay shows me narrowly missing Rafael - obviously from the reaction of the cars the computer has assessed I did connect and sent Rafael into the others. Huge appology to Rafael particularly and any one else who was impacted. Had i known i would have completely stopped.

After Q10 with a PB i was
Running 15th I spun on lap 3 in the fast chicane to put me 19th and then spun again on the fast chicane on lap 4 which damaged my suspension. I drove pretty well from that point on and ended up running 17th when Michael Herrman kindly let me through for missing the chicane.

Race 2 went a lot better. Was up to 10th by T2. Passed Rafael up the inside after he was held up by Gunther for 9th. Through Herwin for 8th, Herwin was back through for as we passed Jari - i remained 8th.

So the lone spyker mixing it with the BMWs. Gunther went off which put me 7th. On lap 5 i knocked it into 1st gear instead of second to the final chicane which locked the rears and pushed me on the grass. Less than a lap later Jari was through. I managed to stay within shooting distance of Jari until a hlaf spin on lap 8. RAfael then hunted me down for the final laps and with a lap an a half to go he was on my axel. I drive fairly well to pull slightly away but by the end of the final lap he was all over me. He probably would have had me at the final chicane except we came across a lapped car just before the braking zone which i came out the better. 8th and well above my expectations.

I'd currently be celebrating at getting from 17th to 8th in Race 2 but the replay of race 1 has saddened me greatly. I can only appologise from here. :shame:

Sorry but some of the trouble and druids was me ! :( i just had one will on the grass under breaking and lost it :( taking out a few people! i let everybody go past so i was last! :( sorry guys i was really strugging with the gamepad and those beasts :(

Do more after chrismas when i have my wheel ;)!

• Andrew Evans

guys... prez can't post in this thread because he's only a registered member - but he asked me to convey his thanks to y'all for all the good comments you've made about his mod... he also wanted me to let you know he's working on a fix for customskins...

cheers prez! :flypig:

Was good racing, I did have some lag with some of the Australian drivers, which was difficult sometimes in race 2 but kept the nose clean :wink2: .

Race 1, I started from pole and was able to get a gap and got the win.

Race 2, Reverserd grid, so started 8th. After lap 1 I was 4th, but a lagging car infront of me made it difficult to make a move on him. 2 drivers infront of me made a mistake and I was going after Michael Stead, eventually I passed him and took the win.

was good fun, cya next time .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline