RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

2.50 euro's? Would you miss that much? Seriously? It would be worth that much to race for a week, never mind a month.:cool: If you can afford internet, a PC and a steering wheel set, you are ain't short of 2.50 euro's.;)

I really enjoyed those two races. Obviously because I am Captain Slow, I started at the back but one in each race. After turn 4 in the first race I came across a bit of a pile up and could not avoid. This gave me a suspension problem and put me 4 seconds behind the last man (Reggie Senior I think) I then got into a nice smooth style and started to catch up. By lap 7 I was on Reggie's tail and could see he was struggling for grip but he was hard to pass. Outbraked myself at one point and could almost feel Reggie grinning to himself. But I managed to get him by the chequered flag.

Race 2 was much the same but managed to get a better finish this time and kept ahead of Dennis and Reggie Snr and finally managed to catch another guy (Rafael Kajstura) up and pass him on the last lap. Great fun. Thanks guys.:thumbsup: Well done to the podium finishers. :)

Quali: Not great. 10th.

Race 1: Where to begin? At the start of course! Damn, Aleena can launch! Made my way up to 5th, but dropped back a little to end up 7th out of the complex. Put a sweet move on an Alfa into Dunlop to reclaim 6th, then slowly but surely reeled in and took people until I found myself in a brilliant duel with @Alex Odell for 3rd. I thought I had him into the chicane at one point, but outbraked myself and dropped over a second back. Then, on the final lap, I had another chance into Dunlop.
This time, I made it stick.
3rd - from 10th, for me, that's like a win! :cool:

Race 2: Another good start, but got tipped round just enough between 3 & 4 to drop to 11th. Still, that meant another run through the pack, and thanks to one or two dropouts, I rose to 4th, and set about chasing @Gundars Brigis for 3rd… but I couldn't quite get it.
4th - just two tenths behind! :cool:

Normally I suck at Nüburgring GP… I must be ill :roflmao:

I wasn't worried about the race today, I just didn't want to get any scratches on my mew car
Race_Steam2015-02-1017-32-11-007.jpg

I turned in some good times ass far as my speed goes, always learning how to drive, the track and setups!

R1: Oh was it tight for the best part of lap one! I turned Reg Snr around early on, waiting is a small price for a friendly but unintended tap. Slowly moved along with a good rhythm and was on the end of a Nelson, Enzo, Istvan train. All was well until I had moved up to 7th place, good thing the end came ;).

R2: Starting from P9 I was ready for more fun but my clutch decided to let me creep up the hill for some reason at the start and I got a SnG :(. Out of the pit and a clear road ahead all I could do was try and make a dent in the time to Snr. Half way in I started to crawl up to him and as his tires got worse move smartly up and pass him. Racing with others is fun sometimes its just good to have nice drive.:thumbsup:

Look for me in my other Team Margarita cars. The snow just keeps coming and I spend my time skinnin' :cool:

Last edited:
Interesting event for me after long break caused by exams. I didn't have good pace and I spent relatively not too much time for practising, so I was a little bit disappointed after qualifying.
w7VuVLC.png

Race 1
Starting 7th after disappearing of Bjorn, I lost 3 places because of too long 1st gear ratio - adjusted for the slowest corner, not for standing start, so diffrent strategy than usual. But in the first corner everyone was fighting each other so I just found some space for myself and suddenly my position was... 3rd. However, as you can see in quali lap times, a lot of faster guys now were behind me so I understood it will be defensing-style 20 minutes of racing and P3 is just virtual for me. 10 laps later, I was at P6 after long but unsuccesful battles with Dave, Alex and Istvan. But in general, I enjoyed this race, thanks guys!
a6v9sLy.png

Race 2
Now, starting 3rd, I hoped for another great grid battle and taking P2 or even the lead, but in reality the beginning was completelly diffrent than the pevious one. Lost some places at first lap and gradually losing places during the race. At one lap I blocked rear brakes while braking into T1 and my car flown away to the safety area, in general losing 8 seconds. The last lap after 40 minutes of intense racing I was too distracted and lost another position (the lucky one was Andy), finishing 8th. Race to forget.
i0OdqIT.jpg

Last edited:
The last lap after 40 minutes of intense racing I was too distracted and lost another position (the lucky one was Andy), finishing 8th. Race to forget.

Hey Rafael, nothing wrong with coming nearly last mate, I'm there most races. It's a fun place to be. I think more of these aliens should experience it. ;)

Remember there's only one winner, the rest are losers. Do you know how hard it is to deliberatly try and finish nearly last? :) It takes a lot of hard work and planning.

;)

I would like to apologise for that take down in turn 1! I'm terribly sorry!

Race 1 was fun, although I did get hit pretty bad myself in turn 1 somewhere half way through the race.
I was then catching up to @Dennis Phelan , but couldn't get passed because of the traffic ahead. Also sorry for causing you to slide down the back straight! I usually don't make contact at all but I guess I had an off-day.

Lost connection in Race 2 after a few laps.

@Björn I'm having almost the same issues as you do, just not as bad as yours. I picked up a Devolo dlan 500+ back home from work today. It's a device that makes an ethernet connection possible, via your AV powernetwork! You just plug one of the devices into your router and another one into a power socket somewhere around your pc, which you then connect to your pc.

Speedtest doesn't show faster results than I had with the wireless connection but loading webpages and my download speed in Steam for example, has gone up substantially. And above all, it should be more stable. I've had a stable connection for just over 3,5 hours now.
I hope this might be a solution for you too!

Thanks for the input :)

However, my connection usually is/used to be perfectly fine using WiFi and the problems persisted when I switched to an ethernet connection recently in order to test just this.
As far as I'm concerned, the problems are most certainly not caused on my side of the connection (as in: everything past the router) because
a) I've tried pretty much everything I could think of (restarted the router, resetted the router, hard-resetted the router, resetted the PC's connection, tried a wired connection, resetted firewall-settings, disabled firewall, resetted the IP stack, bloody reinstalled windows, connected a second access point to the router...) and none of that worked
b) it looks like all problems are IPv4 related only - since I'm on an IPv6 connection, all traffic is redirected through an AFTR gateway, which is perfectly fine and the way to go in these kind of situations. Unfortunately, my ISP's gateways seem to be a mess causing problems quite frequently.
c) it was fixed last Monday, without me doing anything at all (while the technician visited on Tuesday, he didn't find anything of substance and merely updated the setup/actual cable connection in the basement) - and then it was un-fixed this Monday, without me doing anything at all. Clearly, something has happened on their side on both of these occassions.

Sooo.. yeah, having missed them today as I was out, they're gonna call me back tomorrow afternoon and we'll see about that :)
On the bright side, they've credited my account with quite a refund for enduring all of this during my last incident report yesterday, so that's something ;)

Aaah, now it's more clear!
My ISP provides both IPv4 and IPv6, so we must have different problems after all. The symptoms, so to speak, sounded the same.

I hope they 'accidently' fix it for you again, and this time, permanently!

It's SunRed time! Well... if it's internet time, first, that is ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201507):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Likely won't make it, but you never know for sure.. ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201507):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back