RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

914369Friday_US_flyer.jpg

Servername: RaceDepartment.com WTCC
Class: WTCC 06/07/STCC/08 (No Volvo C30 2008)
Track: Monaco 2007 (Download)
Weather: Vote for it

Practice: 30 minutes (19:00GMT)
Qualification: 15 minutes (SuperPole)
Warmup: 5 minutes
Race: 2 x 25 minutes (Mandatory pitstop, at least 2 tyres change)
Notes:Click here to read the password and golden rules

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

1. Stepan Senyuk
  2. Nathan Magrath
  3. Oliver Wickens
  4. Dave Flower
  5. Dan Allinson
  6. Simon Gardner
  7. Ondrej Kapal
  8. Reggie Blain
  9. Mark Guy
  10. Chris Sykes
  11. Dariusz Swiderski
  12. Aaron Poulson
  13. Matt Clark
  14. Nicolas Hamilton
  15. Jakob de Boer
  16. Nathan Magrath
  17. Ollie Chamberlain
  18. Marco Sbordoni
  19. Erling Bøhmer
  20. Matjaž Murn
  21. Eric Nelson
  22. Jesper Taulborg
  23. Cor van der Burg
  24. Marius Neverauskas
  25. Coen Mulder

I thought these cars were good fun to drive, certainly different to what I expected. I thought they might be similar to the US Muscle Cars, but they seemed to handle quite differently. I never really found an ideal set up, and there seemed to be only a few things to adjust anyway. Finding a balance between understeer into the turns and snap oversteer out of the turns was tricky.
Road One was a good track choice for these cars.
I had some good racing for a while in Race 1, holding up Yves progress for a few laps, but I couldn't hold him up long enough for Glenn to keep the lead, sorry Glenn.
Very good racing with Philip in Race 2, you were proving very difficult to pass, and when I first managed to get through you sneaked a late brake on me in the final chicane, to zip back again, well done. Pity you hit the wall in the tricky chicane, you were running very well.

Thanks to those who raced, it was a small grid but still fun. Thanks for setting it up Eric, these cars should be used more often I think. :cool:

I was not planning to race tonight as I was up early for the F1 race at silverstone and had not done any practice, but knew the track and had run the Dayton race last week with the Saleen Stang, so just loaded my Daytona set up with some more wing, then I tried Eric E's setup which seemed better..

.Race 1, forgot to configure the box for racing, so had to leave and missed qualifying, started last and had some good racing, got spun, but it did not matter as I had not loaded enough fuel and had to short shift to make the finish.

Race 2... the up side of last was pole for race 2, got a good start and Warren must have also as he slotted in behind, half way through lap 1 Yves( where did he come from ) slide through on the inside of the tight left hander before the run down to the stadium area. I kept my momentum and was able to hold on to 2nd through lap2, despite running wide at the end of the lap with Warren pulling ahead as we entered the last sweeping chicane on to the pit straight. I had been taking tight lines all night so was able to re-pass Warren as he left me some room to come up the inside. :good:

I knew it was only a matter of time now till he would get by as he had out qualified me by several seconds, however I did not plan to make it quite that easy as I ran wide at the walled chicane and crunched my left front. After that I fell of the road letting Glenn by on lap 5 I think and then raced to the finish with Eric E, which made for an unexpectedly good night of fun, fair racing. Congratulations to Yves and Warren, (good day for the Aussies), and thanks to everyone who came out to make it an event!

I've decided on the Bimmer with a 1.17.6 best time. Maybe another half second in perfect conditions. Not good enough for top 3 quali I'm afraid. I'd say those guys will flirt with 1.15. Keith is crazy fast here as we all know. If I'm a second off his quali time then I know I'm fast for a human.

Definately didn't plan on running in these, but when I saw the "One more and we'll have a race" post, I thought I may as well have a go.

Downloaded the cars and jumped in..

Found the cars actually quite easy to drive. Much like Warren, I was expecting something like the Race On Muscle cars, but I was suprised to find something that kinda was like GT sport/club car.

Anyway. Ran the default setup for my first lap of quali, then pitted and made a few changes - namely gear ratios, reducing the rear wing and dialling out some front camber...

2nd lap yeilded 2nd fastest, and that was that.

Race 1 start, was side by side with myself and Warren to the first turn. I think he missed a gear or something(?) cos I got a bit more of a run on him. Wasn't expecting you to give me the corner though Warren! :-D

After that I tried to gap the field as much as possible before Yves and Warren came back through. They did though, and combined with a mistake on my part, Yves got past (easily) and drove away. Wow, can that boy drive! lol.

Race 2, alongside Warren again. We both got a fairly good start and went for the same gap in between the 2 cars ahead of us.... Warren got to it first and I followed him down behind Philip. Had a good run with Philip, Warren and Yves (in the order), before Yves got through... Then I outbraked myself and had to swerve fairly hard to avoid KO'ing Warren. Ah well. Chased down Eric and Philip and got past them both before the finish, but Warren and Yves were too fast for me.

Warren, it was good to not have some idiot yabbering away in the passenger seat, telling me there was a medium left coming up too! :D

Good fun. I'll have to come back I reckon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%