GT Sport @Mosport 09 - Monday- July 12th , 2010

Eric Nelson

5000RPM

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USGT

Class: GT-Sport

Track: Mosport 09

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Tuesday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EST)

Warmup: 10mins

Race: 2x15 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Eric Nelson

5000RPM
You've been here before and the racing is always outstanding! One of Canada's premiere racing facilities is on tap this week!

Eric Nelson

5000RPM
Entry List:

1. Eric Estes
  2. Keith Barrick
  3. Stefan Werner
  4. Glenn Peterson
  5. Jarrod Keen
  6. Larry Stovall
  7. Eric Nelson
  8. Michael Carver
  9. Peter Bartfai
  10. Corey Theman
  11. John Reznik
  12. Sam Mehler
  13. Willie Watt
  14. Marty Pierce
  15. Yves Larose
  16. Adam Vaughan
  17. driver
  18. driver
  19. driver
  20. drive
  21. driver
  22. driver
  23. driver
  24. drievr
  25. Bill Kaiser (maybe)

Jarrod Keen

1000RPM
Doesn't look like a full grid for this one??? OR maybe everyone is just getting back from vacation and will see this and signup. We raced these very cars here not a month ago. If I remember correctly, I was finding some great pace with the BMW and toward the end of practice and warmup I was hitting within a second of the leaders and then 2 laps into the race I had a race ending crash. Hope this one is better.

Jarrod Keen

1000RPM
Back to my delima from weeks ago... i can run low 18s with the bmw but high 17s with the moseler BUT in the mosler, it's way faster in the turns and WAY slower in the straight... and so, how in the world would I ever pass someone in the mosler on this track. There aren't any turns where you can pass here. So I'd be slowed up by the other cars in the turns and then left behind in the straight. I think all things point to the BMW.... Saddly too... the mosler is sooo easy to drive here.

The Mosler is extremely fun and fast around Mosport, letting the rear hang out in nearly every corner! My best at Mosport '77 was a 1:16.500. Haven't tried the '09 version yet, but it should suit it even better as the corners, especially T4-5, are much smoother in this version and also, the back straight seems to be slightly shorter. So we will see. I can't really say I had a problem passing here last time in the Mosler as the only place everyone could really get the power down is the back straight and what I lost down the straight I would make up in the Esses. I guess what it really comes down to is driving style and personal preference. I own a two stroke grand prix bike, so obviously I prefer corner speed. :D

Eric Estes

1000RPM
Same debate as Jerrod. Admittedly about 2-3 sec off of your paces, but (with admittedly high wing in both cars)

Backstraight: Vette= 14.87s TopS:160.0MPH Mosler=15.54s TS:156.4

S's: Vette=13.54s, MinS:68.0, Carried Speed into T1=121.4 Mosler=12.79s, MS:77.8, Carried Speed into T1=124.5

Admittedly, my Vette setup could use some tweaking for a little more mechanical grip, but I'm thinking I can lay down the wing a little on the Mosler as well - I'm carrying the S's flat out in 4th,3rd,2nd.

Top Bottom