RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

In my experience, almost every car (not sure about open wheelers, guess we'll see Tuesday? ;)) does this on Monza's back straight - STCC, GTs, Minis.. didn't even bother to try to get rid of it in the Sunred ;)

Despite not practicing before joining the server, I got up to speed really quickly and snatched pole. Race 1, I had a nice battle with Bjorn, but I eventually won. In race 2, I stormed from fifth to first in only the first chicane and led every lap to a dominating victory! I must apologize for spinning Dennis out in Ascari, we had the misfortune of me catching him in the middle, and I was much faster than him, which resulted in the contact. Sorry about that!

Small grid, but still quite fun - got some speed during practice but Nelson quickly took over the lead and I had a hard time keeping up, all while Alex was closing in on us, as well. Couldn't quite get a 100% lap together during qualifying, but still secured P3 behind the two of them.

An okay start into race #1 made me keep 3rd place and a few laps in, I got by Alex - while the three of us stayed fairly close to each other for a while, a real fight never happened - P2 in the end.

After some L1 shenanigans, I was back into P2, but Nelson was long gone, so the race was mostly a nice something along the TS chatter ;)

Thanks for racing, everyone, see you next time!

My car was setup a few years ago, it took some major rebuilding with high tech components to set it to the line. Totally worth it as it was 2 seconds quicker than the old car!

Unfortunately it still wasn't fast enough, maybe a new race engineer is in my future, couldn't be the driver.

Just as R1 began I noticed that my old time "navigator", Xena was in distress. I quit the race to take care of her and took over commentating duties when I returned.

Race 2: Everyone seemed to get me off the line and there was big trouble for me at the chicane, not contacts but cars going everywhere it seemed and it was looking like a bad day for the Margarita Mosler. At the Parabolica on L1 I blacked out it seems, missing completely my brake point and pushed Alex off, damaging his car. I pitted with him and lat him pass as soon as possible. Good thing the air was full of chatter, TS was full and I wasn't bored but I was dropping further and further behind. How far behind you ask? Nelson was able to stick it to me in the Ascari curves as he made sure he "dominated" the event.

Nice, I hadn't been to Monza in a long time, great track!

Got an awful start in race one but managed to stay ahead of Dennis till he had to go. Got. Bit lonely at the back after that and I made lots of stupid mistakes trying to catch the guys upfront. After a drive through penalty and a pit stop for aero damage I spun coming out of ascari ending my race.

Race 2 was better. Got a good start and was (briefly) in the lead. Nelson soon disappeared past me but when Bjorn tried to do the same coming into the parabolica he accidentally squeezed me onto the grass during breaking sending me spinning back into him. As the two of us sat there Dennis and Alex decided they wanted to join in the fun too. Alex even "reached the wall" :p as they pitted and Bjorn spun again trying to rejoin I held 2nd for a couple of laps. Bjorn soon put me back in my place and that's where I stayed till the end.

Good fun and a good turnout on TS for such a small grid. See you Wednesday :)

I chose the SunRed because Bjorn had posted a setup for it. I had to tweak it a little. upped the brake pressure, and pushed the brake bias back a bit as it was far too forward for my liking. By the end of practice i was half a second off the top, and in qualifying I was on provision pole until Nelson jammed in a blinder.

Race 1 was thoroughly enjoyable. Managed to keep within a second or two of Nelson and Bjorn for all but 2 laps of the race which I was very happy with given their general pace and skills, and as they were battling and swapping places they were making mistakes and I was there ready to pick up the pieces. Unfortunately i went straight on at turn 1 when they both created a tyre smoke screen ahead of me and got a warning, then took too much curb through ascari and received a stop/go penalty which I served with 1 lap to go. finished 3rd.

Race 2 I got a great start from 3rd and was in 1st going into turn 1, but Sam missed his braking point and nudged me wide and I dropped into last/5th. Further round the lap at parabolica, Dennis missed his braking point and suggested I go visit the tyre wall. It is very scenic after all and there's no point in going all the way to Italy if you're not going to visit the Parabolica tyre wall! I pitted for repairs and ran the rest of the race in 4th. Nice chat on Teamspeak though, so much better when everyone in the race is able to chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%